+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breast feeding help!

Hi my newborn (3) days has been feeding ever hour from both breast for about 6 hrs he just won't settle enough to sleep longer than 15 -20mins! I feel empty! I don't want to give him formula but will this change

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You're doing great! Around day three with my first, my milk started coming in, she fed constantly to get my milk to come in properly.

This will establish your supply, just go with it. There's no need to give formula. Just do nothing except feed as much as bub wants.

Oh, congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my third! And I feel as if my milk has come in well when I express it's definitely a milky white! Im starting to get a little upset about it thinking he may not be getting enough with my second I only ever had to feed him from one side each feed and he was satisfied ! Isn't it important for bub to get some decent sleep?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Should add...

On day 4 I woke with enormous boobs! Milk was in, so then the feeding constantly scaled back. Your baby will not need to feed constantly forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @preggasaurus said it perfectly. No need for formula your body and tour baby are doing everything they are meant to, just hang in there a little bit longer and the feeding will slow down a little bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just checking that you're drinking heaps, too?

Perhaps a warm soothing bath may settle your little one just a bit longer until your milk comes in.

If you're really stressed, check with your middie - if you're still in hosp, they may have formula samples to save you buying a whole tin before your milk comes in. Have seen it done - there's no right or wrong here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the confidence boost! I just never experienced this with my second child and didn't feed the first so I'm feeling very disheartens and failure thinking his not getting enough to be satisfied! I also don't have much great support as my step mum is very very pro formula and already had a tin and bottle when I was 30 weeks! She is telling me he should sleep longer and be satisfied! And she was also the reason instopped at 4mth with my 2nd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tour = your, Stupid phone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs d definitely drinking heaps constantly refilling my pump bottle through the day! I'm not in hospital this is my third! I just don't want to failure him and want him to be satisfied as I said earlier my second never had this constant feeding and being unsettled problen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I read your reply after I posted. A lot of the feeding may be for comfort to and the small naps because your baby is getting used to everything still etc. My Dd3 is 4.5 months and will still have says of feeding every hour, she just guzzles everything she can get until she spews and then she wants some more. She doesn't do it because she is hungry though she just loves the boob its her biggest comfort! Does your little one take a dummy? Also obviously each baby is different, I swear I could feed all my others from one side each feed, in fact I had to do block feeding due to over supply but this time DD will usually need both sides.