+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 8 month old- how many day sleeps

My dd has this last couple of weeks decided she is going to have one long sleep from about 11-1.30, trying to get her to have another afternoon nap is a fight & usually results with me driving her around in the car just to get 30 mins if that. Is 8 months to early for her to be ready to move to just one day nap?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bubs that age need 13-14hrs in 24 so depending on how your nights are it could be ok.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    She does sleep around 11 hours a night with only 1 or 2 very brief wake ups during that time, doesn't feed overnight anymore. So if she is having 2.5-3 hours for a day nap does that sound ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep it does

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds wAs having 1 day sleep at 8 mths old but it was not for very long And he was very hard to deal with as he was always a grump And tired so we had to drill in a consistent routine for 2 day sleeps (took 2 weeks). We made sure he was awake for "his perfect amount of time" between sleeps. Which for him, is 3 hrs.
    he is 9 mths now and has a 30-40 min morning nap and a 2-3hr afternoon sleep.
    in bed by 7pm and sleeps through till 7.30am.
    you have to go with your baby. I'd she is coping well on one sleep, whenever it is, and able to have decent night sleep then I wouldn't be concerned.
    however if she starts to become tired before or after the day sleep and her nights are being disrupted then I would bring in a 2nd nap. With the 2nd nap being later in the arvo but not letting it go past 4pm.
    Last edited by Lakey; 05-10-2013 at 08:24.