+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Word of warning - snappies don't work on flannelette and nappy pins can be hard to find. Kmart normally have them.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (09-10-2013),GreenMama  (03-10-2013),mrsd  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used terry flats till H and realised I must be old-fashioned and changed over to MCNs. I wondered why I didnt make the change years ago! They are so much simpler to wash! I don't soak. I just rinse off the "solids", throw them in a warm wash and they're done. Flats have 4 sides to lean in kite form - MCNs have 1! Do still use flats with BB covers in an emergency.

I have 10 MCN cheapies ( a set) $40 from ebay and 6 baby beehind ones (4 all-in-one pockets with snaps and 2 pockets) +extra BB liners cos they're more absorbent (all bought on special). The all in ones take longer to dry, even inside out, but DH loves them.

I always use disposable liners from woollies, too. Have a small bin in the laundry to put just them in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lisaandshaun & preggasauras - I just saw your comments. Thank you both so much for the offer but I'm still not sure if I'm going to cloth or not so I would feel bad taking up the offer. Thank you though, that's so kind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Lisaandshaun & preggasauras - I just saw your comments. Thank you both so much for the offer but I'm still not sure if I'm going to cloth or not so I would feel bad taking up the offer. Thank you though, that's so kind
    Not a problem!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No no no you are NOT mad! I bought a bunch of MCNs before trying terry flats and that's what I ended up using.... Terry flats!

Terry flats are so SIMPLE, and so CHEAP, and so EASY to clean and dry, and so VERSATILE.

At home I used them with a velcro belt and NO cover - because I wanted to know when my bub had peed/pooped.

Here's the fold I used - I have no idea what it is called.
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ead.php?482243
    It's good for boys because it puts a lot of the terry in the front area.

My friends called them SUMO pants because they don't go all the way around the hips/waist.

Anyway, I could go on and on. I *loved* terry flats and wish I hadn't bought so many MCNs. MCNs are nice but expensive and would take forever to dry up here without a dryer.

So I say GO FOR IT! And feel free to ask me any questions.

Here's a photo of bub wearing his terry flat with a velcro belt:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use terry flats, and they are so easy! I have 48, and 6 Baby Beehind PUL covers. For liners, i bought a few packets of cheap kitchen wipes (like the chux ones) and cut them in half, and use them in the nappy. They wash really easily, and are cheap enough that if they are terribly soiled, they can just go in the bin. For washing, i just have a lidded bucket for soaking in water. Any soiled nappies get emptied into the toilet before soaking. I soak for a day or two, then just wash on a cold cycle with a little powder and line dry. It's good to line dry as the UV helps keep the nappies nice and bright

This is the fold i use, have never had a problem with it (The first fold on the page, chinese, or origami fold. Might take alittle practice, but it's well worth it!)
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...1-Flat-Nappies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to add, i use snappis. I'm not keen on pins, i have trouble not pricking myself at the best if times, don't let me loose near a wee person, lol. @debsch i love that velcro belt! What a great idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    No problem. They are just sitting in the cupboard if you change your mind.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lisaandshaun For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used terry's during the day at home and disposables at night and when out & about. I didn't used covers ever as i v=never seemed to need them. I have a massive fear of pins and only used snappy's as my older cousin had pierced her baby brothers "bits".

I loved these as it allowed my kids to feel wet which led to both DS & DD self toilet training early. DD at 13 mths and DS at 16 mths.

This time round I have ordered some MCN's but still have a stash of terry's. I plan on using both of these and disposables too, Good Luck!

I forgot to say my fav part of terry's is how bulky they are on new borns, it gives good cushioning for when doing some good hard patting for wind and comfort
    Last edited by Oopsy Daisy; 23-11-2013 at 21:03.