+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With DS1 I couldn't really tell the difference until he was a bit older, maybe around 6 months, apart from the shock/in pain cry which was like a high pitched scream. With DS2 I have been able to hear the difference much more easily almost since day 1, and he's 12 weeks old now. I can hear pain, tired, uncomfortable/gassy. Not all the time but a lot of the time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Electric Boogaloo For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Almost 4 months here and still haven't worked it out. I can tell if it's obviously (eg if he's just bumped his head and he's crying then I assume it's a hurt cry, but I have no idea if it's a hurt cry if he's teething or something). I can tell more by his body language than anything else eg eating hands, rubbing eyes, facial expressions etc

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one twin who is so easy to read and he's pretty laid back so only telly cries for a reason.

My other twin though all sounds the same and cries a lot more (although typing this I think he cries more because I'm still learning what it is he wants and need to go through the process of elimination)

I'm also the only one that can tell which one is crying! Guess that's what happens when you spend that much time with them

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PrincessPud For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope still can't tell the difference and I'm onto my second.

Doesn't really matter cos whilst under 18mths I just shove a boob at them and it usually solves the problem.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When she gets hurt its a recognisable cry, but the rest is all the same to me. Mega loud foghorn screaming. *shudder*

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

JumpingInPuddlesxxx  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 11 weeks now and I can tell fairly easily most of the time.
    He's a pretty cruisy baby, cries are only 'give me boobie', 'change my bum', 'nigh nigh, put me to to bed'. Sometimes he'll do a high pitched squeal which is clearly a pain cry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    With DS1 I definitely could to the point where he would be in a different room with DF and I would come out because I knew he was crying and DF was doing the wrong thing for him.

DS2 I can distinguish his hurt cry from his "I want a feed cry" and most of the time know when he is tired so he doesn't cry about that. Oh and his whingy "I want more food" when he's in his highchair is unmistakable.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope, never. He always cried exactly the same, whatever he needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was a little obsessed with Dunstan Baby Language with my first bub and it paid off, lol... I was able to read his cries and 'figured' him out quickly. worked the same for my next two babies

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunstan_Baby_Language

Thanks
    Reviews
    7 months old here and no idea. The only cry I know is her whinge when she's in her cot with a full tummy, dry nappy and a warm blanket, but that's only because I know there is nothing else wrong with her so she's just whining lol.

And the "it hurts" cry only becomes apparent when I've fed, changed her nappy, tried to get her to sleep and tried to play with her to distract her. If she's still crying after all of that, I can be pretty sure it's pain.

I'm such a hopeless baby reader lol.