+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pina Colada View Post
    Couldn't the same be said in reverse? If you can't trust your PM or landlord to not misuse the photos perhaps you need to move?
    If you can't trust a tenant not to wreck your property, then perhaps don't rent it out.

Sent from my U8860 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trustno1 For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (06-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trustno1 View Post
    The difference between a LL coming to an inspection and emailing photos is that when a LL comes to an inspection you can guarantee that only they will see your house. Photos sent via email can go to anyone and everyone. I would not trust anyone with photographs of where all my stuff is, the layouts of my furniture, because you can never trust everyone to be honest.

Thats why ur username is trustno1 hey

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

delirium  (03-10-2013),trustno1  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laws must be different in each state. I've never had photos taken. Had inspections 6 monthly. We haven't had one for over a year now.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    As a LL I appreciate the photos I get sent. I don't see the point of the ones showing a cluttered room because clutter doesn't worry me. The ones I do want to see are the bathroom - but only if it isn't clean. My tenant looks to never clean the shower and I'm a bit cranky that at the end of his lease I'll need to completely regrout the shower because he hasn't been keeping it clean. It's on the market too so if we ever get any interest then prospective buyers will be seeing a dirty filthy house. Next time they inspect I'm going too.
    Is it an older bathroom?

Our last rental was only 6 yrs old and no matter how much I bleached / scrubbed the shower it still looked dirty. Grout stains over time.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't say anything about the tenant. I personally have had previous issues with Property Managers not maintaining my property correctly and allowing it to fall into disrepair. Maintenance issues that are not the responsbility of the tenant, like mould on paths, leaves in gutters, peeling silastic in bathrooms and kitchens. A deck so rotten that before I heard about it, a person fell through it. That sort of thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't say anything about the tenant. I personally have had previous issues with Property Managers not maintaining my property correctly and allowing it to fall into disrepair. Maintenance issues that are not the responsbility of the tenant, like mould on paths, leaves in gutters, peeling silastic in bathrooms and kitchens. A deck so rotten that before I heard about it, a person fell through it. That sort of thing.
    But a PM who is crap isn't likely to take photos of those sorts of things are they?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to trustno1 For This Useful Post:

delirium  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes - I imagine landlords wanting photos are checking up on the PM every bit as much as the tenant. Actually, far more I suspect.

When we rented a year or so ago we didn't have any inspections for 18 months. Yet the PM had been sending reports to the LLs (overseas) every quarter. Photos would have been extremely useful for them and goodness knows what we could have done to the place during the tenancy and the LL would have been none the wiser until we moved out.

It's also much harder for a LL to ignore maintenance issues when there is photographic evidence of deterioration in things.

'Oh the deck can't possibly need re-oiling we did it before they moved in'.

*looks at photo*

'Oh I see. Yes it does'.

Edited because my paragraphs jumped around
    Last edited by NancyBlackett; 03-10-2013 at 18:25.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Pina Colada  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Couldn't the same be said in reverse? If you can't trust your PM or landlord to not misuse the photos perhaps you need to move?
    No, I don't think it even begins to compare.
    Generally you don't find out what the PM or LL is like until you are part way through your lease... most of the time you won't even interact with the LL so how would you know if they were a seasoned criminal or paedophile or some other sort of dodgy character?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    No, I don't think it even begins to compare.
    Generally you don't find out what the PM or LL is like until you are part way through your lease... most of the time you won't even interact with the LL so how would you know if they were a seasoned criminal or paedophile or some other sort of dodgy character?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Not to mention being locked into a lease that is expensive to get out of early.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to trustno1 For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we moved house the real estate took photos to re lease it. I was fine with that until they kept using them each time they released it . I rang and complained and they were taken down