+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Before and after a lease should be sufficient. Esp seeing as the agent would let you know if there were any issues.

I wonder if the tenant knows these pics are being taken?

I bet LLs would cry blue murder if people were taking pics of all their possessions / photos.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Every time tenants move out of my rental (my family home) pictures of my house when we lived in it go on the internet with all my belongings in it? I don't see the difference. I don't care what my tenants have I just like to see the house and how it's being cared for whilst people are living in it, not at the end when it's empty and been all cleaned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    Every time tenants move out of my rental (my family home) pictures of my house when we lived in it go on the internet with all my belongings in it? I don't see the difference. I don't care what my tenants have I just like to see the house and how it's being cared for whilst people are living in it, not at the end when it's empty and been all cleaned.
    Thing is its not your family home anymore, its your tenants.

And you are no longer living there so ur belongings arent in that house. Plus thats ur choice. You can put pics up of the house vacant. If anything I think that advertises the house better as u can see the space more clearly.

Like I said attend an inspection or yes wait till its vacant. Who cares if its all been cleaned thats what you expect isnt it?

Maybe some people shouldnt rent out things they have such an emotional attachment to ( not directed at u in particular but in general as I see this attitude alot from landlords)

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

delirium  (03-10-2013),Gandalf  (04-10-2013),HarvestMoon  (03-10-2013),Jl81  (03-10-2013),LoveLivesHere  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    You choose to have those photos put up though, tenants don't. You could be putting up photos of the place vacant without your stuff which would also mean it was more current. As I said, the purpose of inspections is to ensure it is being cared for. As tenants we understand you want to know we are caring for your house. But many are saying photos are crossing the line.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (03-10-2013),LoveLivesHere  (03-10-2013),MilkingMaid  (03-10-2013),SoThisIsLove  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is it important how it is being cared for while a tenant is in it, provided they leave it the way it was when they moved in? It isn't.

Sent from my U8860 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to trustno1 For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    lol that's nuts. When we moved out of a property years ago, I had to drive a 450km round trip to come back....... to rub off a finger print on a tap and mirror, I kid you not. RE 'kindly' offered to get a cleaner in to fix it. Yeah like I'm going to lose $200 of my bond for a finger print
    Quote Originally Posted by CitrusRain View Post
    We had the same thing but it was for the final inspection. They said they would need to hire a gardener to fix it unless we came back. The garden was immaculate apart from the leaves that had fallen the day after we moved out! What's with these people?!
    We had this, for us it was going back to clean off a 5c coin sud mark on the skirting board from the professional carpet cleaners! :what:

By the time it takes these PM's to write up a letter or even make the phone call regarding a finger print, leaf or sud they could have just rubbed/wiped/picked up that small detail themselves!
    And every time I move into a new rental it's a dam sty! Wtf? Makes me angry when I have just spent weeks cleaning the old house, or paying someone nearly what my bond would be to clean or fix little things.... Only for me to move into a new house that needs a flood to go through to get all the **** out.

One rental we vacated the PM told us there was some hand prints on the bathroom window, but she cleaned it up, she knew we were moving ages away so she just wipe it off...
    I nearly died of shock from that phone call!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm not giving my LLs notice until our things are gone, I have had a friend who had an incredibly frightening incident where a group of bikies entered her house while she was home and stole her property and they knew where everything was thanks to a recent open. My brothers rental that he owns has been broken into four times since they advertised and had opens for new tents. The thing is, when I go to opens for buying a property it is generally hired or minimal of the owners belongings there. They know to get things out early whereas tenants are liable for rent payments up until the minute they move out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    We had this, for us it was going back to clean off a 5c coin sud mark on the skirting board from the professional carpet cleaners! :what:

By the time it takes these PM's to write up a letter or even make the phone call regarding a finger print, leaf or sud they could have just rubbed/wiped/picked up that small detail themselves!
    And every time I move into a new rental it's a dam sty! Wtf? Makes me angry when I have just spent weeks cleaning the old house, or paying someone nearly what my bond would be to clean or fix little things.... Only for me to move into a new house that needs a flood to go through to get all the **** out.

One rental we vacated the PM told us there was some hand prints on the bathroom window, but she cleaned it up, she knew we were moving ages away so she just wipe it off...
    I nearly died of shock from that phone call!
    Similar situation when we moved in June. Our last rental was always kept clean but for the final clean I literally scrubbed it top to bottom. I used cotton buds to get every piece of dirt out of the window tracks, cleaned all light fixtures. Windows cleaned inside and out. These things were all listed as things that had to be done at a final clean.

Moved into the new place through the same re agents and none of that was done. It was dirty. The window tracks were so caked with dirt they hadnt been done in years. No cupboards were even wiped out.

I called the re agent out and she looked at it all and said it was acceptable and that they only require the property is left in a reasonable condition.

The ingoing report said all those things were clean so I marked "dirty" and we were advised that we were only required to leave the property in the same condition as it was when we moved in.

Basically we could just up and move out without cleaning - not that id do that cause im not a pig.

Hope the landlord who moved back into our old place enjoyed his nice clean property while I had to clean this one too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    So essentially you want to snoop and look into how the tenants are living their lives?
    It really shouldn't matter what goes on as long as they are fulfilling their obligations as a tenant.
    Seeing it at the end when it's all been cleaned is what you should want to see. It's then that any damage would be quite apparent.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

delirium  (03-10-2013),Gandalf  (04-10-2013),LoveLivesHere  (03-10-2013),SoThisIsLove  (03-10-2013),trustno1  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm so glad we have a private rental and don't have to deal with this stuff anymore. I wouldn't like photos taken of my home either and if I ever went back to work (former PM) I think I would refuse to do it! Or do it in a way that maintained tenants privacy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It has nothing to do with emotional attachment. Owning an investment property is a large financial commitment. People that make any large financial commitment in any type of investment would be prudent to not just sign it over and wipe their hands of it, whether a property, shares portfolio etc.

Why is an owner viewing photos any different to the owner attending the inspection? It is okay for the owner to attend the inspection, but they become 'randoms' and 'anybodys' via emailed photos? I live 1500km away from 2 of our properties, I can hardly pop along on a routine inspection. I may have employed Property Managers, but those property managers don't always act in my best interest. Property Managers can be hired and fired.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pina Colada For This Useful Post:

Pumpkin1106  (03-10-2013)