+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post

The whole purpose of RE is to be the middle man. If the tenant isn't looking after the property then RE can tell the owners. But owners wanting photos for a trip down memory lane of their house or to have a sticky beak is not on! So over the power LL's wield over tenants
    Yep I agree. Like I said previously, I never bother look at the photos we are sent because I trust our property manager to ensure that the house is being looked after. Thats what i pay her for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    @Bergeron you should take pics of your RE agent and when she asks you what you're doing just reply " oh just a few shots for my facebook album, you dont mind do you?"

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Haha! Don't give me ideas now
    My PM hates me enough as it is.

That's the thing though.
    I look after the house, rent is always paid, in advance too! I follow all the demanding rules to ensure I'm doing the right thing. But I still get treated like a criminal who's having her jail cell inspected for a broken piece of plastic I could dig my way out with, because when she comes on in to the house I'm residing in, treating me like I'm beneath her it makes me wonder if she is doing all that just waiting until I let something slip so she can go all top cop on a power trip and kick me out or hit me up for something.

Jebus, I would hate to see how those bad tenants on TT and ACA get treated.
    No wonder most never appear on the show... They are more than likely in their graves!
    Last edited by Bergeron; 03-10-2013 at 16:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It doesn't work in their favour Bergeron. I loved my landlords at the last two houses, they left me be, fixed things with professionals immediately, and were helpful if I wanted to change anything such as better security (single mum) and most importantly never made me feel like my privacy was invaded.

current landlords are so tight, refuse to fix certain things - some things have been broken for the 4 years we have been here. They send 'mates' over if things need fixing including things people require qualifications for.

I sort of feel if they don't care about the place, and my efforts to pay the rent upfront and keep it looked after....why bother, you know? The last two places I left them in better condtion than when I moved in - created amazing gardens, used a steam thingy on tiles that were discoloured with age, etc, because I genuinely cared. This place I will be doing the bare minimum that I am legally required to because honestly I just want the hell out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Pina Colada View Post
    I have been a landlord x 4 and a tenant x 5 over the past 8 years, and just have to say although popular opinion on the Hub that in my experience there is no way the Act and the tribunals overly favour landlords. Although that is a whole other kettle of fish (just responding to PP comments).

In regards to the photos taken at a routine inspection, I do appreciate it, and take time to look at the images. I might ask for the bathtub to be resilasticed, or the outside of the house to be pressure cleaned etc. things the property manager or tenant hasn't mentioned but I may have picked up from the photos.
    As far as the tribunal, I would agree i's pretty even. But just to get to that point the tenant needs to go through a Notice Breach to Remedy, then mediation, then the tribunal. If I don't pay my rent it's eviction notice, do not pass go, do not collect $200. I know so many people that have rattled the cage over repairs not being done, the LL breaching the TA, and they get a 60 day notice to vacate or the LL refuse to renew the lease. LL's have huge power, far too much imo.

As to the photos, surely the LL can email or ring you saying x,y or z needs to be fixed, here's some quotes if you choose to go ahead? Why must photos be taken? The purpose of the inspection is for RE to ensure we are keeping the property in a good state. It either is or isn't. And like I said, if photos are taken before the signing of a lease, then after they move out, there is the proof visually.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had one inspection at our last place and the house was immaculate.

It was a windy day and there was some trees in the backyard and they actually wrote on the report " 4 leaves under pergola"

I mean....really. Didnt realise I was supossed to wait around until 1 minute before the inspection scurrying around to make sure there wasnt a leaf on the ground lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post

Maybe next time ill film her doing the inspection to see how she likes it.
    Haha.. what a great idea!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    It was a windy day and there was some trees in the backyard and they actually wrote on the report " 4 leaves under pergola"
    lol that's nuts. When we moved out of a property years ago, I had to drive a 450km round trip to come back....... to rub off a finger print on a tap and mirror, I kid you not. RE 'kindly' offered to get a cleaner in to fix it. Yeah like I'm going to lose $200 of my bond for a finger print

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I had one inspection at our last place and the house was immaculate.

I mean....really. Didnt realise I was supossed to wait around until 1 minute before the inspection scurrying around to make sure there wasnt a leaf on the ground lol

Wow..4 leaves under the pergola! You terrible tenant, you!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Aanya  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Wow..4 leaves under the pergola! You terrible tenant, you!

I know right. You'll see me on ACA next im sure.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Aanya  (03-10-2013),HarvestMoon  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    lol that's nuts. When we moved out of a property years ago, I had to drive a 450km round trip to come back....... to rub off a finger print on a tap and mirror, I kid you not. RE 'kindly' offered to get a cleaner in to fix it. Yeah like I'm going to lose $200 of my bond for a finger print
    Thats just moronic.