+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I can see how photos would be helpful, especially if there is something that needs repairs or upkeep. I've always happily sent through photos of anything that needs repair. Photos of a few dishes in the sink seems a bit though. Unless the sink had a big gaping hole or scratch on it I'm not sure why anyone needs a photo of your sink and it does make me wonder whether they're taking photos of what they see as "mess" as opposed to a few quick snaps to keep the landlord updated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pics of something that needs repair is one thing.

Pics of the whole place and all ur stuff is another!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Actually headoverfeet you just jogged my memory - I don't receive copies of the report any more, either. It makes it really difficult especially if we aren't home because we don't know if anyone actually came or not!! I used to like the feedback, generally it was all good, but it did alert us to anything that needed doing such as dusting the shower fan or a few weeds in an obscure corner in the yard that we'd missed. Seems a bit silly really as we have no idea how we're doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    As an owner I love seeing the inside of my property that I haven't seen for years. I couldn't care less about their belongings but find it really helpful to just get a visual on the place. I love agents that take photos.

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.
    I'm an owner as well and I don't care about pics just want to know it's being looked after and everything is working, if it's not then we fix it (it's a tax deduction so who cares).

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Actually headoverfeet you just jogged my memory - I don't receive copies of the report any more, either. It makes it really difficult especially if we aren't home because we don't know if anyone actually came or not!! I used to like the feedback, generally it was all good, but it did alert us to anything that needed doing such as dusting the shower fan or a few weeds in an obscure corner in the yard that we'd missed. Seems a bit silly really as we have no idea how we're doing.
    Exactly the reason why I like getting them

wannawannabe they are general room shots, except the sink.

@veve as I mentioned there is no legislation around taking photos at the moment and yes I have emailed the RE asking for a copy

@SoThisIsLove I do feel violated, not that the RE take them (mine always have) but that they get sent to the owner

ETA she has emailed me back saying she can't leave me a copy as it's done via the iPad no **** I asked for an email like the owner lol
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 03-10-2013 at 15:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    As an owner I love seeing the inside of my property that I haven't seen for years. I couldn't care less about their belongings but find it really helpful to just get a visual on the place. I love agents that take photos.

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.
    Surely you could get photos of the property in between tenants?
    I can't believe RE's are doing this- it's an awful invasion of an individuals privacy!
    If you are an owner, just imagine someone wondering through your house, taking photo's on your personal belongings, photos of your photos of your children and passing them on to a complete stranger.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (03-10-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It would **** me off too. If there's nothing untoward, then it just seems like a privacy invasion to me.

Having said that, in the 3 houses I've rented, we have not once had an inspection

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    @headoverfeet surely it interferes with your right to quiet enjoyment of the property?

"14.2 that the landlord or the landlord's agent will not interfere with, the reasonable peace, comfort or privacy of the tenant using the residential property"

^that's out of a NSW lease but I would definitely feel that my comfort and privacy were being invaded if the property manager brought a camera in a started snapping away!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Yeah but that property is someone elses home and u shouldnt be able to take pics of all their personal belongings. Talk about invasion of privacy.

And the pp that said photos of ur photos makes a good point. Most people have pics up all over their house.

If u really need to see the inside of your property, go to an inspection or wait till the tenant vacates.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    This. It may be the owner's house, but it's the renter's home. These days tenants pay ridiculous amounts in rent, it's not like we are squatting rent free

The whole purpose of the (sometimes invasive) inspections is for RE to ensure the tenant is sticking to the tenancy agreement and looking after the property. I get that. But LL's have become a law unto themselves now. Taking photos of a person's HOME that they are paying to live in is not right. Taking photos before an after a tenant moves out is more than enough to ensure visual evidence of before and after condition.

The whole purpose of RE is to be the middle man. If the tenant isn't looking after the property then RE can tell the owners. But owners wanting photos for a trip down memory lane of their house or to have a sticky beak is not on! So over the power LL's wield over tenants

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (03-10-2013),Gandalf  (04-10-2013),HarvestMoon  (03-10-2013),HollyGolightly81  (03-10-2013),Jl81  (03-10-2013),LoveLivesHere  (03-10-2013),MilkingMaid  (03-10-2013),SoThisIsLove  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have 2 rentals in WA and our property manager always sends photographs. Maybe it's getting to be a normal part of the inspection.

I must admit I never bother looking at them, I trust my PM and if she says that the property is going well I believe her.