+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 130
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    townsville
    Posts
    2,816
    Thanks
    1,570
    Thanked
    1,277
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mehhh ill keep on keeping on. Quite like our owners we still have 4 months on our current lease and we have just been offered a further 2 years lease already. Plus I love our little court and our neighbours. And other then the pictures our pm is quite lovely aswell.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,953
    Thanks
    3,680
    Thanked
    1,949
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im not sure if our RE agent takes pics as im never here for inspections. They have never said anything.

    Ive been lucky and always had really good landlords - they always fix things promptly, and so they should! Im expected to pay rent on time so they should fix things within a reasonable amount of time also

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked
    139
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Haha, that would be good, wouldn't it!?

    I've lived in this property for a year and we haven't had working smoke alarms the whole time. I don't have have keys to the back door, the property has huge issues with mould. The owner won't do a thing about it. The PM admits the owner won't spend a cent but they manage a few of his properties so why would they want to start demanding repairs and possibly upset him?
    They both should be on a blacklist. If someone dies as a result of fire in this property, they both have blood on their hands!

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Non working smoke alarms is not OK.
    We lived in a property where one would go off all the time, it was working but would start beeping at stupid times for no reason.
    RTA advised me on the phone if I have an email record of telling the PM about this (or if I had breeched them) and nothing was done I was in my rights to just leave.
    It's a major safety concern, if the house is unsafe then you don't need to stay.
    I ended up breaching them and it was fixed.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked
    381
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It doesn't really bother me. We live in a rental & own a property interstate that is rented out. As a LL, I'd appreciate photos of damage or anything else I should know about but other than that meh. I know what the place looks like. As a tenant, I don't really care- they can take photos if they want.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked
    381
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Duplicate post

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked
    381
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Might I also add that issues with getting things fixed, maintained etc are not always the fault of the landlord. It's all very well to say 'if you don't trust your RE don't use them, or manage the property yourself or whatever' but really, you don't KNOW that a RE is lousy until you've used them for a while and found out the hard way that they're lousy. We've had landlords not pass on maintenance issues- not do inspections and therefore not notice damage that could have been easily fixed until it became a big problem- I'm sure the tenants must have been pretty PO'd, but what can we do if we don't know that anything is wrong to start off with?

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Non working smoke alarms is not OK.
    We lived in a property where one would go off all the time, it was working but would start beeping at stupid times for no reason.
    RTA advised me on the phone if I have an email record of telling the PM about this (or if I had breeched them) and nothing was done I was in my rights to just leave.
    It's a major safety concern, if the house is unsafe then you don't need to stay.
    I ended up breaching them and it was fixed.
    Oh wow. I know it's a legal requirement to have working smoke alarms, I just didn't want to go stirring any trouble and compromise a reference and decrease my chances of getting out of here.

    I'm actually moving out next week and have been advised to take the RE to tribunal to seek compensation for other issues.
    The RE wants me to pay extra rent even though I have bank statements proving every single payment and that I am still in credit, so no doubt they will be taking me to tribunal too, which will only leave them looking like fools.
    The tenancy advocacy service said it would probably be a good time to bring up the smoke alarms, just for the benefit of the next unfortunate sucker that ends up renting here, so I think I will.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked
    381
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Haha, that would be good, wouldn't it!?

    I've lived in this property for a year and we haven't had working smoke alarms the whole time. I don't have have keys to the back door, the property has huge issues with mould. The owner won't do a thing about it. The PM admits the owner won't spend a cent but they manage a few of his properties so why would they want to start demanding repairs and possibly upset him?
    They both should be on a blacklist. If someone dies as a result of fire in this property, they both have blood on their hands!

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Do they know about the smoke alarms? It's illegal to have them not working! Most LL's (in QLD anyway) pay a set amount per year for an independent company to maintain their smoke alarms, so no matter how many times they need to get it fixed, it doesn't cost any extra...I would be chasing it up with them.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,517
    Thanks
    432
    Thanked
    3,246
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe it would be a good idea (in regards to LL who don't know about faults and things) to have a "business" email that they get CCd in on in regards to every one of their properties? So if someone e-mails the RE about a broken tap, then the LL also gets CCd so they know what's going on, etc etc.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadHatter View Post
    Do they know about the smoke alarms? It's illegal to have them not working! Most LL's (in QLD anyway) pay a set amount per year for an independent company to maintain their smoke alarms, so no matter how many times they need to get it fixed, it doesn't cost any extra...I would be chasing it up with them.
    They know about them. I was told when I moved in that the LL was fixing them and the dodgy front door- both were never fixed!
    I will make mention of it at tribunal if i get the opportunity but otherwise my dealings with these arses is just about over so all is good.


    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app


 

Similar Threads

  1. Final Rental Inspection Tips!
    By SoThisIsLove in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 29-05-2013, 21:54
  2. **Vent** Why must rent be so expensive & hard to get :(
    By Mummabearr in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 14:23
  3. Rental & Final Inspection
    By miraclemakers in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-12-2012, 02:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Softer than your bub's bum Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Australia's favourite eco brand has delivered a gorgeous baby collection. Made from organic bamboo, Boody's extraordinarily soft and stretchy, skin-friendly tops, bottoms, onesies, bibs and wraps don't 'cost the earth'. Get 20% OFF! Code BUBHUB16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!