+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default False labour is stupid.

Ugh. Feeling frustrated. Needing a vent.

Anther night of false alarms. Im not sure how much mucous plug there is- but I can't have much if any left now. Lost heaps yesterday all day and evening. Massive globs of the stuff.

Had mild cramps tightenings all afternoon and evening felt a lot different to my usual back pain. Went to bed early to get some rest.

Woke at 2 feeling annoyed cause I was still not quite there yet. After a drink I laid back down and got three massive contractions, big waves of pain radiating all up my tummy and back about 1min long 10min apart. Then they started to fizzle out. So I got up and walked around and bounced on my fit ball a bit. But nothing much came of that either.
    Came back to bed. Another big one.

Somehow managed to go to sleep. Then this morning there is nothing again...

So flipping annoying. Just start already labour- what are you waiting for !?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs to you its so frustrating isnt it? My first hung in there as long as she could 2 weeks worth of 'is this the real thing' before she made her debut. Fingers crossed for you for a speedy birth and a quick labour! Very exciting times ahead. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never understood how ppl didn't know they were in labour.. Until now. With so many false alarms its easy to see now how you could be mistaken for thinking these like all the other contractions won't amount to anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know!

I had this with my third baby. It drove me crazy. When I actually was in labour and decided to go to the hospital I was fully expecting it to stop again by the time we arrived.

I guess the only good thing was that the actual full-on labour was very short in the end, after all the false starts.

I hope your baby arrives soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Happened to me too! I ended up bring induced, all the false starts got my cervix to 4 cms dilated and the induction was very quick as a result.

Good luck, hopefully not too much longer for you!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    Happened to me too! I ended up being induced, all the false starts got my cervix to 4 cms dilated and the induction was very quick as a result.

Good luck, hopefully not too much longer for you!
    Ditto, except I went into be induced and was in labour- 5 cm finally!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update ... Two days after my false labour the real deal begun with the breaking of my waters then contractions. I was already 5cm dilated when we arrived at hospital an hour or so after it all begun. So whilst frustrating.. My false start clearly got goings moving nicely.
    Our LO was born just 9and a bit hrs after my waters breaking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's wonderful! Congratulations!

I hope you and your little one are doing well