+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    He's still in a sleeping bag, but I don't want to move him to his doona until he sleeps relatively normal!

I wonder if still being in the sleeping bag is actually making it worse??
    how does he get out of bed in the sleeping bag? I'd be soooo worried having him in a sleeping bag in a bed. I'd get rid of it, just personally.
    My dd went into a bed at 18mths with a rail. fell out twice into beAn bag but got herself back into bed. She sleeps under everything and takes All her dolls and teddies into bed with her - and sleeps under them All. I just let her be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We've just got rid of DS sleeping bag because it seemed to annoy him more than anything. He is still in a cot though and I've been wondering the same thing Pesca. He is all over the place in his cot and I think he has been getting a bit cold this week with the freezing weather overnight. Not sure when we'll transition him but its not looking good for a while yet, this week he's favouring down ward dog slumber.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD is about the same age and went into a king single about 2 months ago. She spins around, tosses and turns and ends up all over the place (usually at the top of the bed though). We introduced a pillow a couple of weeks ago and that actually seems to make her stay in a 'normal' position most of the time.

We stopped using the sleeping bag before moving to the big bed. I just dress her accordingly so she doesn't get cold in the night. If its particularly cold I sneak in and put the covers over her, although lately she seems to like tucking herself in so often puts the covers on herself.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My four year old still sleeps on all sorts of weird angles, and I often find him with his head down the other end of the bed haha. My 2.5 year old is in his own 'big' bed and often sleeps horizontally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    how does he get out of bed in the sleeping bag? I'd be soooo worried having him in a sleeping bag in a bed. I'd get rid of it, just personally.
    My dd went into a bed at 18mths with a rail. fell out twice into beAn bag but got herself back into bed. She sleeps under everything and takes All her dolls and teddies into bed with her - and sleeps under them All. I just let her be.
    He can walk perfectly fine in his bag - can even run if you let him! God knows how he does it...once he climbed down the stairs in his bag when someone left the top gate unlatched

But this is part of why I want him sleeping properly, so I can remove the sleeping bag. I want to start TT now that he's in his own bed, so think (as R&A said) that the bag may be a hindrance.

Good idea Cue, maybe I'll pop a pillow in and see if that helps! I've been too nervous to intel rosier that yet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was nervous about pillows too! I got a kids one, it's the same size but not as thick and it's really breathable. DD loves it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to suggest a pillow. DS was a wriggler until we gave him one.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to new mum 15809 For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (03-10-2013)