+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops wrong post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My birth was planned to be natural but ended up going down the epi on back option. I'm grateful that here we have options and we aren't judged for either option ( I've also seen episodes where they have bullied mothers who are going natural option)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They seem to really be into putting hats on babies just after they're born. And they put ointment on the eyes in case the baby has been exposed to an STD.

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The middies like to use the phrase 'You wouldnt get a tooth pulled without novacaine (sp?) would you? Well why on earth would you give birth without pain relief??' ALOT!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @TimeForWine yes I saw that episode not long ago! Made me giggle. Ha ha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to #Mama For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've watched a couple of episodes of OBEM US and found them quite frustrating, the UK one however, is pretty good.
    On the US version I one woman was progressing quite quickly and the midwife was harping on about how it wasn't good and how she wasn't comfortable with how quickly things were happening as the epidural would have time to take effect and I failed to see how that even mattered!? I have pretty quick labours (under 2 hours) so obviously an epidural is out of the question but if I was in the US would they want to give me one anyway and then what? Cork me so the baby can't get out until the epidural has kicked in? I find the whole thing not only frustrating but confusing. It seems highly illogical most of the things they do on there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just watched the business of being born. Such a great documentary! But so scary (all that hospital stuff & the things coming out of medical staff's mouths - holy hell!). I had my baby in a private hospital in Sydney and it was an amazing experience. I feel sorry for women who are forced or guilted into doing things a certain way for reasons that have nothing to do with what's really best for them or their baby.

Loved watching the women grabbing their babies in the home births. That made me cry a couple of times. But maybe that's just because I'm 9 months pregnant and emotional
    Last edited by witherwings; 04-11-2013 at 04:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeForWine View Post
    The middies like to use the phrase 'You wouldnt get a tooth pulled without novacaine (sp?) would you? Well why on earth would you give birth without pain relief??' ALOT!
    Most of my French friends say and think the same.

They all think I'm nuts for wanting to try without an epi and preferring tearing over episio.

All in all they think Australia is a bit medically retarded when it comes to pregnancy :-/

It's all so cultural.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had stirrups even though I was saying no, they didn't listen to me though. So we do have them here sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The US is very intervention happy. A VB is often counted as a natural birth even if drugs and assistance have been given. A 100% natural birth is the unusual kind sadly. Its quite sad that instead of looking to various parts of Europe to model our maternity care on many parts of Australia seem to favour America's model.