+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The HC doesn't backchat. Well, much.

Never fear, I drove 500m to the bottle shop to get a bottle of wine tonight. And left DD in the car while I bought it. That's worse than petrol, right?

We would have walked but there were better parking spots in the street so driving meant I could nab one ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Yep, I'm dealing with a re-inspection tomorrow because..wait for it..my walls needed washing apparently everyone of my friends was shocked to hear they requested this!

Yep
    Omg, I swear it's the season for dodgy and unreasonable property managers!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Never fear, I drove 500m to the bottle shop to get a bottle of wine tonight. And left DD in the car while I bought it. That's worse than petrol, right?
    Worse than petrol....not as bad as the pokies

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

babycart  (02-10-2013),headoverfeet  (02-10-2013),jagamoe  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Worse than petrol....not as bad as the pokies
    Hahaha thank goodness for the pokies

*polishes average halo*

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (02-10-2013),FearlessLeader  (02-10-2013),Meld85  (03-10-2013),Stiflers Mom  (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I've been walking the 3 younger kids and dogs to the next suburb lately under the auspices of getting exercise when in fact it's the closest bottle shop to home.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (02-10-2013),Mokeybear  (02-10-2013),NancyBlackett  (02-10-2013),PinkPopsicle  (03-10-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (02-10-2013),tatia&shura  (03-10-2013),veggiemama  (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not a holiday moment but a school morning moment. DS preschool is part of the school DD goesvto so drop off invloves everyone. Got out and running late, wait on kerb down from crossing say to kids ok. After this car everyone...go! So DS takes off when I say go, cars come to a standstill, im yelling at aiden so then he stops in the middle ofvthe road hss a think then come running back to me. Eyes where all on us that day!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Funny you should post this because I was only thinking in the shower before, if I'm one of those mothers I talk about with the feral kids. You know...the ones you hate to have over because they trash the place, break things, eat you out of house and home, you run around after while the mum just sits there. I *do* try my hardest to manage my kids but quite frankly they behave 100x better for someone else than me, and they fight me on every level making me look (and feel) even more incompetent than the "sit back and leave them to it" strategy. I always try to get my kids to tidy up etc before we leave... But sometimes it's better to go while the going is good.

I've also been that mum who "let" her child walk through a shopping centre barefoot. (Didn't put shoes on before getting in car - I didn't notice until we got there.) I'm also the mum with the snotty nosed kid - because he refuses to let me wipe his nose and I've not bee able to "catch him off guard" yet.

I'm also the mum whose kids know far too well how "drive thrus" work.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i'll share a story with you to make you feel better but its not school holidays...

im a non smacking mum, i dont like it for personal reasons and given the boys extra needs i just cant ever face doing it..

until.

im walking to school with them, bubba is in a sh1tty crap hard to steer stroller that doesnt recline because dh took our good one to work in the car by mistake... we start to cross a busy road and i tell ds#2 who is 4 to hold my hand.

well.

mr oppositional defiance takes offence to me telling him what to do and starts screaming and throws himself in the middle of the road. i try to grab his hand but he goes dead weight on my and the stroller starts doing 360;s because im steering with one hand and its a piece of sh1t.

so i tell ds#2 that if he doesnt get up now he's gonna get a smack.

he still screams and refuses to budge..

cars are coming, so i pick him up by the arm and im screaming at the top of my lungs all the scary threats i can think of as im DRAGGING him across the road with the pram almost tipping and going nuts and the baby is crying...and then we get to the other side and i smack ds on the bum out of pure fluster and frustration and fear and god knows what.

so then DS#2 yells and wails as loudly as he can for the rest of the walk to school AND home "you hurt me, you hurt me, you smacked me, i cant walk, you hurt me" (seriously... AS LOUD as he could)

*falls into a pit of despair*

you arent alone!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (03-10-2013),Sonja  (02-10-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (02-10-2013)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    You know if you didn't yell at your kids, people would judge you for that too.

Ok so we had a mini holiday at my sisters on the weekend. Our parents were there too. The kids had been playing outside all day and were filthy. So the bath is run, and sisters kids cheerfully hop in. Mine tell me they're skipping. (Sigh, yes I do often let then skip when dp is on night shift, the fight isn't worth it alone). I say, no, you've been laying outside all day, please get in the bath. All the while I have dd in my arms because its her favourite place.

So, after to-ing and fro-ing between me and my charming boys who were seriously tired and who on a normal night would have been tucked up in bed hours ago, my mum comes over to help

Long story short, ds2 is kicking and screaming as we carry him to the bathroom as mum, sister and myself all try to undress him and put him in the bath. Ds1 is sobbing at seeing what is coming for him if he doesn't cooperate.

After his "bath" ds2 is in hysterics and wouldn't get dressed despite freezing. I asked nicely, I told him, I begged him.. In the end I had to take him into a dark room and cuddle him for a good 10 minutes until he was calm enough to dress- and then he fell asleep in my arms.

It may not have been a public display of failure, but it was MONUMENTAL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    When Katelyn was tiny, jasper went through a thing of at the shops if he didn't want to walk he'd just go like rubber, like floppy, dragging his feet, if I held his hand he'd drop his weight and dangle. Which was often timed with Katelyn needing a feed or a change or something.

So from the casual observer nothing was happening until suddenly I'd shout "JUST MOVE!!!" and then they'd turn and see him dangling by the arm being dragged along.

.... It was rad.

I wisely stopped going to the supermarket on my own with both kids for a while.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app