+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    Is it expensive to get started? I wouldn't mind doing that type of work but usually the start up is too much for me to take the risk. Also I don't have a large network of friends these days to hold demonstrations/parties. I currently work from home with my own business but it has been really quiet lately and not paying the bills as it was a few years ago.
    $750 which is a lot, you earn that with your first 4 demos- provided they reach the demo average

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am Team Leader of a Youth Service. I do love helping people!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am a sales rep for Arnott's.

Timtams.

Enough said.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to One of THOSE mums! For This Useful Post:

IncyWincy  (02-10-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (02-10-2013),risfaerie  (04-10-2013),SugarSkull  (08-10-2013),~ElectricPink~  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I did an Arts degree and worked in child care while I completed that, then I did a graduate diploma in Information Services (2 year diploma). If you have no other previous quals you can do a degree in info management which is 4 years. There are a few courses you can do online.
    It's a great job- customer service, program development and delivery, basic showing off and singing in public while wearing silly hats, event management, and... Getting paid to buy books!! I have also considered getting a teaching degree and becoming a teacher librarian, if you work in a school you get the time off/holiday perks of a teacher without so much of the out of class extra work. But it would be a paycut and anyway I love working in a public library with the whole 0-18 age group and their parents. You would t get that so much in a school.
    Ok sounds like a lot of study. I'm not a Uni person, hate essays. I'm much more practical learner. So it has to be TAFE type course where more assignments and practical assessments.
    But sounds like you do have a fun job. Lucky girl

Single mummy to a wonderful DS (Born 11/12/2008)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleButterfly4 View Post
    Ok sounds like a lot of study. I'm not a Uni person, hate essays. I'm much more practical learner. So it has to be TAFE type course where more assignments and practical assessments.
    But sounds like you do have a fun job. Lucky girl

Single mummy to a wonderful DS (Born 11/12/2008)
    There are plenty of jobs for library officers (unqualified) and library technicians (diploma). In fact in many library services they are the ones that do the majority of the children's programs. Only problem may be it's a lot of time on your feet as you tend to do a lot of customer service in tech or officer positions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Primary school teacher! Love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in admin in a university. Mostly enjoy it, and there are future opportunities for progression, but I'm not sure whether that's what I want to do long-term. TTC no 1 right now, so planning to stick it out until I (hopefully) can take mat leave.

DH & I would like to run our own business one day, & I'm also contemplating a PhD, so who knows what might happen!

Really interesting to hear what others are doing - thanks so much for sharing

Anyone out there in management consulting or something similar? That's something I'm fascinated about & I'd love to know more about what's involved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a Technical Officer for a major oil & gas company. Have worked in mining for the past 10 years and love it!

However I'm only a contractor so no paid leave etc...I hear contractors can now get maternity leave but not sure how that works when I'm technically employed by an agency.

My trip to work is 1 1/2 hours door to door so doubt I'd go back after a baby anyway...thinking of becoming a Nature Direct consultant in the new year 😄 that excites me!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Conveyancing paralegal. Love it most days, currently doing temping work which is a nice change up and a challenge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Studied to be a primary teacher, struggled to get work so did lots of casual relief while pregnant which sucked. became a SAHM thinking ill probably not work again but recently got my big break and found a good job opportunity - im now a merchandise coordinator for techzone products, my manager allows me to do this big role part-time as my little one is now 18months. sometimes i think getting a job can be down to luck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast