+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm an Insurance Consultant, due to return to work next week (eek!). I use to love it, but now I'm not so sure, there is a lot of dishonest people & that ruins it for the honest ones.

The money is good, hours flexible, I'll be going back 2 days a week.

I also plan on studying to become a teacher in the very near future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am an AIN and i will be lucky to keep my job by end of the year due to all the changes my work place are having. I do love my job but right now i dislike it so much i am considering a sick day tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I am a children's and youth services librarian. It is the best job in the world
    That sounds great. I like caring for kids and love reading. How do you get a job like that?? What quals did you do??

I was working in childcare - long daycare centre and nanny then did teacher aide but both jobs too physical for my body. So now I'm looking to do something where I can still work with children or people in general. Tossing up if worth going back to study for cert in community services or youth work. Just not sure.... Anyone have any advice which would be better and get a job out of??

Single mummy to a wonderful DS (Born 11/12/2008)
    Last edited by PurpleButterfly4; 02-10-2013 at 16:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a registered nurse and love it. I previously worked in ICU but now am working in a rural area. There is so much variety and so many different areas you can do. I couldn't imagine
    doing anything else!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleButterfly4 View Post
    That sounds great. I like caring for kids and love reading. How do you get a job like that?? What quals did you do??

Single mummy to a wonderful DS (Born 11/12/2008)
    I did an Arts degree and worked in child care while I completed that, then I did a graduate diploma in Information Services (2 year diploma). If you have no other previous quals you can do a degree in info management which is 4 years. There are a few courses you can do online.
    It's a great job- customer service, program development and delivery, basic showing off and singing in public while wearing silly hats, event management, and... Getting paid to buy books!! I have also considered getting a teaching degree and becoming a teacher librarian, if you work in a school you get the time off/holiday perks of a teacher without so much of the out of class extra work. But it would be a paycut and anyway I love working in a public library with the whole 0-18 age group and their parents. You would t get that so much in a school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by KassMeow View Post
    Hey ozey - can I ask about your nightfill job? What are the hrs like? Was it easy to get the job? I am looking into this instead of going back to my old job so I can still see my kids during the day
    Nightfill jobs are super easy to get- just go on coles and woolies careers sites and apply that way.

Generally shifts are 8pm-12am on weekdays. Those hours can vary a bit.. you might start earlier/ later, finish earlier/later.
    Weekend shifts tend to vary more between stores. Some stores won't even have a Sunday fill if they aren't a very high grossing store.
    Saturday shifts, some stores wait til the shop closes, others start earlier to avoid having to pay penalty rates.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

KassMeow  (03-10-2013),ozeymumof5  (03-10-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm an ENJO consultant, love that I pick my hours and can work around family life, income isn't bad, I earn on average $500 a week for about 15hrs of work. I think the thing I like best is that I am helping people eliminate chemicals from their lives, for some people (especially those with medical conditions) it's life changing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I'm a SAHM for now, but prior to maternity leave I was a student counsellor at a university. It was a good job and paid well but not overly challenging. I prefer working with children/young adults which I have done in a few previous roles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    I'm an ENJO consultant, love that I pick my hours and can work around family life, income isn't bad, I earn on average $500 a week for about 15hrs of work. I think the thing I like best is that I am helping people eliminate chemicals from their lives, for some people (especially those with medical conditions) it's life changing
    Is it expensive to get started? I wouldn't mind doing that type of work but usually the start up is too much for me to take the risk. Also I don't have a large network of friends these days to hold demonstrations/parties. I currently work from home with my own business but it has been really quiet lately and not paying the bills as it was a few years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in mental health as a support worker. I am hating it so much lately! I dread going to work and don't want to be here at all (currently doing a sleepover).
    I would love to just be a sahm but we are yet to get a take home baby :-(

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast