+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My brother got married a few weeks ago and ds attended the wedding. We got there early and sat down so he could get use to where he was. We explained that he needed to be quiet and what was happening. We then let him run around outside for a bit, snack and drink as well. Just before the bride arrived we went back inside. It was a very long service too. We took small colouring pencils and a book. He also likes playing with thkngs like watches and bracelets so we used that as a distraction. And at the very end a big suprise was given to him because he was so quiet (we told him about this before the service started)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wish you well.. A toddler + beach wedding sounds like a hassle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ps I should add, don't stress about other guests. If he's disruptive you just manage it and do as best you can

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you can't keep him quiet with some snacks or some form of silent entertainment (books/ipad) I think the easiest thing is to take him off for a little walk if he starts being noisy.

I went to a beach wedding last December and there was a child there around your DS's age and he had a massive meltdown in his stroller. I felt sorry for the mum (the dad was in the bridal party and couldn't help), but instead of taking him away from the ceremony for a breather, she just kept telling him off for being naughty and it was a massive distraction!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can i just say I think it is so lovely of you for thinking ahead like this. Some people (my S'sIL) just don't give a crap and let their children run riot at important events. Both of my SIL chose to bring their toddlers to a funeral recently both boys spent the whole time giggling, calling out, climbing over the seats and one took off up the aisle and mum didn't stop him.. Eventually the grandmother picked them both up and took them outside... I was horrified.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just took my toddler to a funeral and we were at the back near the door and he sat at my feet and played on the iPad.

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.