+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hyundai IX35 or I30 - 3 car seats across

After having a head on collision with a drug affected driver last week, I am now after a new (second hand) car. (I cant drive atm due to injuries but need new car seats and car)

I am pregnant so will have a newborn, 4.5 yo and 6yo
    Ideally a 5 point harness for the big kids, but will consider a booster for both.

Do you have an I30 or IX35 - can you fit 3 across
    what seats do you have
    is it a pain to get the seats in and belts on

(my last car was an I30 - it literally saved my life and my babies! I'd like to stick to the hyundai)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bummpitt bump for the night owls :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both would be a squeeze with compact seats but might be ok.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. I'm sure this has been asked 100 times and its probably more a question of what you're prepared to put up with. I lke the price, fuel efficiency, safety features and look of these cars. I don't want an old car or a huge car. But I do have #3 on the way and need to be realistic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've got an i30 but only one child seat, I can't say I've tried to put 3 in but I imagine it would be a tough squeeze.
    I image an i35 would have a bit more room.
    That being said I did fit two grown ups in the back seat last week next to the baby seat so maybe it's possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I've had 3 seats in my car (i30) a fair few times. It's definitely a tight fit. If you have narrowish car seats and were using 5 point harnesses, it wouldn't be too bad.
    It becomes a massive pain in the butt when you have to reach down and under the seats to undo the lapsash seat belts when using booster seats though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Check this site out http://www.mynrma.com.au/motoring/re...de/hyundai.htm it has fitting guide for both but the ix35 seems the best for your situation. Personally I would go the ix35 for the extra height. So much better getting kids strapped in when your not bent over.
    Last edited by WiseOldOwl; 02-10-2013 at 10:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone... anyone else with these cars? anyone happy with their car?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the iX35 😉! LOVE IT! We have the Diesel so fuel consumption is really good. I only have 2 (for now, working on DH for #3 😁) & their car seats are big so if I go for #3 I'll have to change those. I have a Strider 4 pram & it fits comfortably in the boot + space for groceries. I've told DH that I love driving my car as it's so comfortable & easy. If we upgrade, I'll happily choose a Hyundai 😁!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have the IX35 and absolutely love it. I bought it with the clear intention that I knew I wanted to start a family however unfortuantely I don't have kids yet but can tell you it is a great car. I love the added height it has over the i30 and it is bigger, it has more boot space ect than the i30. They do have the 5 star safety feature however I have had hyundai disable a few of the features on mine as they annoyed me but I can always get them enabled again. I have had my car since 2010 and will def trade and get another ix35 when we are due for a new car. If i were you with having the three kids I would get the ix35.