+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How did I get pregnant!? Confused

Hi all, hoping you have some advice - I went off the pill in December and we've been casually ttc our first since then. I had a normal period on 21st June, and with my regular 35 day cycle, we were supposed to 'dtd' smack bang in between an overseas trip I was taking without my husband :-( I left for overseas on 5th July and returned on 19th July. We didnt think about baby stuff at all as we were apart days before and after the 'ideal days'. I was due for next period on 26th July but nothing - had very sore boobs for days until realising on 5th August I should do a preg test and yes - positive. Had an US the next day which showed a thick uterus lining but sadly nothing else (supposedly 6.5 weeks that day). ANYWAY, sadly we had a miscarriage a week later and possibly due to Coeliacs Disease or possibly (and this is why i'm asking) a VERY short luteal phase? If I got pregnant after 19th July, and was due for period on 26th - that makes my LP 6 days.... Otherwise I may of got pregnant before heading overseas, but the US and HCG levels at the time make me think thats unlikely (LP would of been 4 weeks!), plus other indicators tell me I ovulate later than the recommended days... Bit worried that I may have a very short phase which may mean repeated miscarriage... Im charting and temping and peeing on all manner of things to work out when I ovulate, but am struggling to make any sense out of all methods They always say 'it will happen when you don't think about it' and they were right - but now its not just conceiving, I want to avoid any further miscarriages if possible! Appreciate any thoughts or advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry his post before I had finished....

So sorry for your loss 😞

There are many in here who can give you specific advise but I believe there are things you can take to help encourage your LP to lengthen....
    Last edited by giggle berry; 01-10-2013 at 20:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks GiggleBerry. I was quite upset at the time but really I found it very positive I was able to get a BFP at all! Not sure I can handle too many more though.
    Ive already been on elevit since last year, but yesterday I started taking 100mg of B6 and two Vitex per day as well as I've heard this can help with LP... But im not even sure if that's the issue!? I can't get my dam thermometer to show me the same temperature twice in two minutes, there are saliva ferns all over the place and i remember to pee on the OPKs but forget to them CHECK THEM! Hahahah dear oh dear. Mum: "Just try not to think about it and it will happen" - are you kidding!! :-D

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MandyA For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol to your mum! It's totally impossible to think of anything else once you decide you want to TTC!

Good luck, hopefully some others can offer some advice or thoughts.

If you don't get replies tonight bump the thread again tomorrow for the day crowd!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you dtd before you left - hubbys swimmers could live up to 5 days. So say dtd on 5th july, O on 10th july, implant anywhere from 15th-20th july. I think its plausible. That would put you o'ing about day 19 of a 35 day and therefore you would have a 16 day lp.

Which would mean no lp defect to worry about. I was reaaallly bad at checking temps and opks too. In the end we just dtd every two days from cd12-cd22 and I would O roughly cd17 of a 33 day cycle resulting in a 16 day lp.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nirok, thats quite possible that it was before I left then! Im hoping so and we're DTD every couple of days this month to see how we go. According to temps and saliva ferns it would be yesterday, but CM and OPK says not at all! But in the end all you'd do is DTD anyway, so next month I might not bother to try and predict! I do wish I could know my body a bit better though, regardless of trying to get pregnant.