+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unsettled bub, wind/colic and formula

I have a three week old boy who in the last few days has become unsettled and suffering wind pains/colic. He is mix fed however the past two days he has had more formula than EBM. I am wondering if I should change formula(using Bellamy Organic) or if its just an age thing and will pass.
    We have changed bottles as he has been having windy pains last week.
    I'm just wondering if this is normal.....I called my local community nurse but they were not help.
    He won't go down unless in my arms or in a sling and sometimes wakes up with wind pains (can hear his belly plus thrusts about and brings his legs up).
    Any help is appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't change formula as this is very common and IMO Bellamy's is the best.

A paediatric chiro really helped my DS with wind. Before that it was several weeks of constant holding, tummy rubbing and bicycle legs to help him through it.

They do grow out of it though.

Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I wouldn't change formula as this is very common and IMO Bellamy's is the best.

A paediatric chiro really helped my DS with wind. Before that it was several weeks of constant holding, tummy rubbing and bicycle legs to help him through it.

They do grow out of it though.

Good luck xx
    Seconded.

One of my twins would only go to sleep upright! Hard work but it does get easier.

All of the above worked for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you tried the Difrax S-Bottles? I gave those a go and never had any wind issues again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ill have a look at those

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 3 weeks on Tuesday and my husband and I have been having the same problem.
    We have been using Karicare Gold +.
    I contacted out clinic nurse who advised there is something in the Gold which our DD can not digest and this is apparently very common. We have since changed the formula to Karicare - just the plain formula.
    It has made a huge difference to DD. She is so much happier and more relaxed and calm.
    Dont know if this has helped or not..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you tried the Dr Brown colic bottles? We're using those with DD. We also pop in some gripe water twice a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Honestly, so many babies get it. My dd is 6 weeks old and suffering from colic. We are using infacol which can be bought over the counter at the chemist. It captures all the small air/wind bubbles and joins them together to make one bubble that is easy to expel. It has made a huge difference to my bub and also dd1 when she was a baby.

Unfortunately it's just trial and error. There is also infants friend and gripe water which may help or do nothing...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agree with using infacol. Helped us, and we also had to wind ds for ages after each feed. He would need a LOT of burping. Chiro worth a try too.