Closed Thread
Page 97 of 100 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1000
  1. #961
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,836
    Thanks
    5,052
    Thanked
    4,438
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    LooLaa, we are TTC our second.

    I unfortunately experienced the waiting at home after finishing up work at 37 weeks, but waited and waited and waited and waited until 10 days overdue when I got induced. I sort of missed out on the calling DH and telling him to come home I'm in labour

    Is this your first or subsequent?

    MrsT - On the whining front, it can be hard to take, especially if you aren't UTD yet, but try and block her out, that can be hard too I know, but some people can get caught up in the 'romance' of getting pregnant and having a baby, that they don't understand the reality of what pregnancy is really like and given her attitude to 'not asking for it' because you're right, she technically did, but she probably doesn't realise it.

    It's a bit like me, I had no idea how hard newborns were, I thought -as everyone says- all they do is eat and sleep and that was never a reality for me as a. It wasn't as simple as that and b. She had silent reflux which wasn't diagnosed until 4.5 months old which made everything worse, I was completely unprepared, but I realise I can't complain as I'm the one who wanted a baby.

    So just playing devils advocate a little as I can see why her behaviour is upsetting, but I can also kind of see where she may possibly becoming from.

  2. #962
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,937
    Thanks
    911
    Thanked
    4,463
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Allie I completely understand where you're coming from and I 100% agree. I know that being prg will be super hard (esp for me - a hypochondriac and a whinger haha) and I'm super supportive of her 99.9% of the time, as I'm one of the very few who know so she comes to me for that assistance. It was just the "I didn't ask for this" that really got to me. Yes, yes you did! This was a planned baby lol. I think for me, getting these bfns will be good for me - make me appreciate it more when the time does come.

    Which reminds me - coco!!! Where's our update woman!!!! :-D

  3. #963
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,836
    Thanks
    5,052
    Thanked
    4,438
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Allie I completely understand where you're coming from and I 100% agree. I know that being prg will be super hard (esp for me - a hypochondriac and a whinger haha) and I'm super supportive of her 99.9% of the time, as I'm one of the very few who know so she comes to me for that assistance. It was just the "I didn't ask for this" that really got to me. Yes, yes you did! This was a planned baby lol. I think for me, getting these bfns will be good for me - make me appreciate it more when the time does come.

    Which reminds me - coco!!! Where's our update woman!!!! :-D
    That is sooooo true! We got pregnant first try and had comparatively speaking a good pregnancy, labour was horrid as I was induced, but physically recovered well from the labour (no tearing or complications) but then was thrown a curve ball with the silent reflux and also allergies and intolerances. My SIL on the other had had two MCs, one before I got UTD, the other after, but all I could do was hope and pray she had an easy baby, and she did.

    It's almost one or the other - hard TTC and/or pregnancy and easier baby or smooth sailing TTC and pregnancy, then difficult baby. I'm unsure one is better than the other, but both give us a reality check that's for sure!

  4. #964
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brisbane QLD
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked
    76
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LouLaa View Post
    Welcome Lala

    ooohhh does that mean you are planning a wedding too? Exciting times!
    Thanks for the lovely welcome all! We actually aren't planning a wedding at this stage although now I'm wondering if we should be! We've been engaged for a few years but I don't think I'm ready to tie the knot! That's weird right, I'm ready to have a second child but not get married? Idk. I guess maybe because I has children so early I want to wait until I'm older to become a wife too? I always imagined being 27-30 when I walked down the aisle. At 20 I dunno if I'm old enough to make things official, even though I love DH to death and can't imagine life without him!

    Anyway I bought a test this morning but DH wants to be there when I take it. So bubhub is distracting me during the longest 5 hours of my life waiting for him :P


    Age 20, engaged, mummy to 3yo DS and TTC his sibling! Living life backwards

  5. #965
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,613
    Thanks
    1,495
    Thanked
    686
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post

    I unfortunately experienced the waiting at home after finishing up work at 37 weeks, but waited and waited and waited and waited until 10 days overdue when I got induced. I sort of missed out on the calling DH and telling him to come home I'm in labour
    I had a looonngg wait before DD was born too - I finished work at 31wks Not for medical reasons and DD was born a couple of days before her EDD. I had always planned to finish the end of Jan anyway (about 34/35wks) but we ended up going on holiday the beginning of Jan. I wasn't going to take 2wks off, go back to work for 3 days then finish completely so I just finished super early. We were lucky though that we could afford to do it that way and boy was I glad when we had a really, really hot February! It was nice to be home

    My follow up u/s is booked for the morning. I need to set my alarm I think as it's so early - 8.30!! Fingers crossed I get the all clear then I just have to sit and wait for the hcg to drop. It took 4wks last time (I think from memory) for the level to drop right down so considering I was 12.5wks then and 10wks this time, I guess I should expect 3-4wks again??? I just want the hcg & the bleeding gone so we can get back to it (haha whinging much Michelle )

  6. #966
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,836
    Thanks
    5,052
    Thanked
    4,438
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalasmooch View Post
    Thanks for the lovely welcome all! We actually aren't planning a wedding at this stage although now I'm wondering if we should be! We've been engaged for a few years but I don't think I'm ready to tie the knot! That's weird right, I'm ready to have a second child but not get married? Idk. I guess maybe because I has children so early I want to wait until I'm older to become a wife too? I always imagined being 27-30 when I walked down the aisle. At 20 I dunno if I'm old enough to make things official, even though I love DH to death and can't imagine life without him!

    Anyway I bought a test this morning but DH wants to be there when I take it. So bubhub is distracting me during the longest 5 hours of my life waiting for him :P


    Age 20, engaged, mummy to 3yo DS and TTC his sibling! Living life backwards
    Head to the forum - who's in the TWW, I posted a link to ideas on helping get you through the TWW.... You could practice peeing on a cotton bud in theme an time (don't worry, I'm not weird, it's one of the 50 suggestions!)

  7. #967
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    847
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked
    213
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hahahah peeing on a cotton bud. Sigh I'm going to need ALOT of movies and tv shows to watch as I will be at home from day one.

  8. #968
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,937
    Thanks
    911
    Thanked
    4,463
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Luckily I work full time, but no matter how physically busy u are, ur mind is still silently obsessing unfortunately. I just can't ever switch off!!

  9. #969
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,937
    Thanks
    911
    Thanked
    4,463
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Michelle I really hope ur levels can drop nice and quickly so u can get back into it again. Who knows, maybe you can be the first in the new year to get a bfp ;-)
    (I'll be the last in this year please!! Hahaha)

  10. #970
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    847
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked
    213
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with Mrs t, and you definitely deserve to be the first of the year to get a BFP. But if and when I do I don't want to leave the thread lol


 

Similar Threads

  1. May 2014
    By MamaOfPrincessX2 in forum When are you due?
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 16-07-2014, 09:35
  2. TTC in 2014 - Come and join me!
    By Kimnus in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 910
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 17:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Softmats
With so many amazing reversible designs, the soft and cushioned Premium Bubba Mats are the perfect space for all the family. Not only do they look fantastic; you can also enjoy the quality and comfort for years to come.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Impressionable Kids
Impressionable Kids are Australia's leader in framed children's memorabilia and specialise in framed baby hand and feet sculptures. With franchise locations throughout Australia you can be assured you will receive a quality handmade product with a lifetime warranty on all frames.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!