Closed Thread
Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post
    Welcome Allie did you have fun renovating?
    I really want to buy a fixer-upper one day and do it from scratch with DH ourselves. I love the idea of all that stuff, and I suppose home with a kid I may as well be sanding back cupboards and what not right lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crafty my industry is filled with female breadwinners. It's not a bad thing. My situation is a little reverse. DH really doesn't want me to go back to work after the baby. We've compromised and I plan on being at work 3 days per week and 1 day from home. I really love my job and have worked hard to get there, so want to keep progressing.

We built our house. It was a brilliant experience! It's so wonderful living in a brand new place. But to anyone building, my advice, stay patient. It can be a drawn out and frustrating process. But worth it in the end

I downloaded another ovulation tracking app the other day and according to that I ovulated a day before I thought I did. If that's the case we didn't BD at the right time and I may not be pregnant after all!! I'm going to do my 1st test on Sunday. So nervous and excited! Any recommendations on which brand of test I should buy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome Allie

I can't wait to build a home ( many years off but that's ok with me) it'd be stressful but worth it.

And thanks for your answers ladies I'm going to make an appointment with my doc today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry for the lack of personals. I've been reading along though!

With work - DF will be returning back to work but not sure when. She may take up to a year off but I can't imagine it would be longer than that. We earn pretty good money so the cost of child care won't be higher than her pay and by her working (shorter hours/part time) it will put us in a better financial position. I'm not too concerned about when she returns though as we get 6 months paid mat leave anyway plus gvt PPL and then we don't really need her pay as we normally put one wage in savings so we are used to living off one pay anyways. I think as long as you are able to make it work and keep yourself out of debt then it's okay. That's just my IMO though. We don't do personal loans or credit cards either lol. DF used to have 2 but we paid them off and cancelled them!! The obvious exception is a mortgage haha. Don't have $700k laying around - nope!

Not too sure about anti-depressants but it would definitely be worth having a chat to the GP.

Also with the HPT - I think First Response Early Result (FRER) is good. I also bought some online from Fertility2Family - google them! They have different bulk packs aren't expensive!!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!
    Last edited by rainbowbabe; 15-11-2013 at 07:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, just a quick hello. I've got a lot of posts and messages to catch up on so will be a couple of days before I can properly reply tongue chatter!

Just wanted to let you know I'm doing ok considering. Another star finally twinkled in the night sky the night before last. I am very angry and upset with the local hospital. Its a saga but in short the ED treated me like crap on Monday and prescribed me the initial 2 doses of the required drug incorrectly. So rather than helping start to put this nightmare behind us. I spent the following 36hrs violently ill (seriously thought I was slowly dying). Back to my gp Wednesday who followed up with them, was shocked wheny record came through and she organised with an ob/gyn (who the ED was suppose to call down for me to see in the first place!) To prescibe a 3rd/4th dose correctly. Very grateful it did the job quickly and I was feeling not too bad yesterday physically

I know now how long a road it is for emotional recovery, again I am just grateful I have dd to hold tight when I need. I have a scan next week to ensure everything is 'clear' then I've been told as it was natural this time, we won't have to wait to try again (last time I had a d&c so was recimmended to wait a couple of cycles).

So finally after such an awful experience with the hospital (which again reiterates why I would never willingly go there) we are finally on the slow road to recovery.thankyou all for your thoughts this past week and for those that have sent pm's, a special thankyou. I've quickly logged on this morning for the 1st time in a number of days and am so overwhelmed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Colbie, I LOOOOOVED renovating. My DH and I were very hands on with it and I helped with knocking out an interior brick wall, tiled the laundry, demolished the interior of the kitchen and bathroom and laid solid timber jarrah floors. Painting too but that was the worst part I hate painting with a passion!

Mrs Tugs will you be able to stay in QLD when you go back?

Michellek, so sorry to hear about your experience, both prior to and at the hospital. I often wonder why some people choose to work in hospitals if they don't give a hoot about people, it infuriates me! We recently took 20 month old DD to emergency as she had a severe allergic reaction to some food and they were all so slow with everything and rude, hello my daughters throat could close over at any point here! Can you not see hives all over her face and fat lip!? Thank god you have a good GP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Allie that all sounds so fun, sounds like exactly our sort of thing :-) there won't be much to renovate in our new home cos it will all be brand new lol. We only intend to live in it for another 5years max. Then it will become an investment. Would much rather keep it than sell it; the rental market over here is just phenomenal so if it's anything like this in 5 years then we will be making a mint off it lol.

We are going home to QLD for Xmas for 2weeks- seriously can't wait!! Hopefully we will have some exciting news for everyone but who knows huh. The cycle I'm currently in the middle of is our last shot to get it right to be utd for Xmas break. Hence why we are doing the SMEP so I can give us the best possible chance lol.

We plan to stay here for 5 more years as I said; by then (fingers crossed!) I will have a child getting ready for prep. I've said to DH that I will happily follow him around the world wherever he wants to go but once our kids hit the education system I don't want them moving around. So that's why I've given him the 5 year deadline then we are going home for good. There's no naval base in qld so he will have to actually quit and get a job in the private industry for us to move. So we are just taking it one year at a time. If it means me moving home a year before him and getting our life set up and the kids in school or whatever, then so be it. But we can't know about any of those variables until much closer to the time.

But yes once we go home, that's it for me. Unless he wants to move to canada. Then I'll pack the kids up and be ready to move in a second!!! Haha :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh, also forgot to tell you ladies I've lost 1.1kg this week XD so stoked! Bring on next week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Ooh, also forgot to tell you ladies I've lost 1.1kg this week XD so stoked! Bring on next week!
    Ah great! Doing anything in particular?

My weight keeps creeping up. Im now 6.5 kgs heavier than when I fell pregnant with DD who is now 20 months old

Thanks
    Reviews
    It'll be 6kg before you know it MrsT! Well done