Closed Thread
Page 88 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ha just had a fight in the car with my partner about returning to work. He said as I'd be the main breadwinner I can't count how many shifts i would need to do and to just do as many as we need then. I got a bit grumpy as I've worked the past three years. I know he wants to go back to uni but i was like excuuuuuse meeeeeee!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Crafty sorry I don't have any advice re the male side of things, only know there are certain ones to avoid with females...maybe a convo for you GP as I guess they may know the best.

A real shame MrsT. But your home is going to be fabo when it's built!!

Allie, we are into investing. Where abouts are you?? We are in Perth and the market is pretty good where our investment is. So really, really hoping we can get the price we are after. The house we are selling was our old home which is character so not good for investment in terms of depreciation, that's why we are selling it. Plus there will hopefully be an influx of $$ for when I am off work to live off.

I was surprised my DH was cool with me not going back after 6 months. We worked out childcare too MrsT, and it was going to be about 10k a year for 3 days minus the govt payment so still like 5k. So DH was like hmmm perhaps a year of leave then hahah and besides, I said to him, what (God forbid), we have a sick bub or one that doesn't sleep well etc. I said, how hard would it be to function at work. Even though, of course I know plenty of ppl do, do it! And I say a big well done to those ppl too!
    Crafty, I think it's a male thing about the money and who makes the most money should work more etc. I totally get you being upset as you have worked really hard for 3 years! DH might have to be a bit selfless for a few years before going back to uni otherwise his wifey might not be too happy hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome news rainbowbabe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crafty maybe talk to your gp as I know females definitely need to come off lexapro. Not sure about males. Have you googled it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully_a_fertile_mertile View Post

Allie, we are into investing. Where abouts are you?? We are in Perth and the market is pretty good where our investment is. So really, really hoping we can get the price we are after. The house we are selling was our old home which is character so not good for investment in terms of depreciation, that's why we are selling it. Plus there will hopefully be an influx of $$ for when I am off work to live off.
    We are in Adelaide, we just sold our first family home together, a house we completely renno'd. It was an old 50s house. We are now living in a house we built as an investment as we bought a house to knock down and rebuild into our forever home. We will sell our current one once our build is done.

Mrs tugs how is your build / plans going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooo exciting re building Allie! Hopefully you will have better luck with the sale of the house you are currently in My sister is about to move into their 'dream home'. It's only been a 4 year process LOL so I understand why she is super excited.

We are looking at extending the house we are in now and remodelling it etc. I am hoping for a max 2 year wait...I think DH is thinking more like 5. I think I will go a bit coo coo with renos and a baby. Oh well, when it rains it pours I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah our plan is to build this one as an investment then buy/build or forever home back in QLD when we can finally go home (DHs work is keeping us here).
    We are still in very early stages atm finalising which builder we will go with. We have pretty much decided, just waiting for a reply from him if he can do a certain thing for us or not... We can't apply for finance until 15 jan (my bday woohoo) so we aren't in any rush

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully_a_fertile_mertile View Post
    Ooo exciting re building Allie! Hopefully you will have better luck with the sale of the house you are currently in My sister is about to move into their 'dream home'. It's only been a 4 year process LOL so I understand why she is super excited.

We are looking at extending the house we are in now and remodelling it etc. I am hoping for a max 2 year wait...I think DH is thinking more like 5. I think I will go a bit coo coo with renos and a baby. Oh well, when it rains it pours I guess.
    4 years!? Oh god don't say that! Haha, we are 6 months in and still haven't put our plans through council! I'm hoping 12 months max from now.

What does your DH do Mrs Tugs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Allie did you have fun renovating?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Allie he's in the Navy :-)