Closed Thread
Page 84 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Omgggggg that picture :-/ eek!!! Well we have always been one income ( currently two) but that'll change as I'm epileptic I won't be able to hold up a job i plan to rest a lot as pregnancy can make your epilepsy worsen ( I only have blank outs which can't harm a baby... But if I'm over tired and crossing a road and blank out that may not be ideal)
    That and I can't keep my job when UTD. My partner is on apprentice wages until March and then gets more money a week so it'll be a tiny bit under what I am usually on. And we live with his mum so our bills are halved as well as food etc. I figure if people on the same money can pay a mortgage and eat etc then why can't we manage. But then I freak out if any extra expenses come up, we have the worse luck. And that's true about people on welfare having kids. I do get conscious because it seems like everyone has all this cash to splash. But I guess that's how they make it look.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1384313019.809365.jpgOk so I just found this on a mirror in the bathroom at work. What the hell? Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's kind of freaky Crafty lol.

So ladies we just got our first BFN. This little embie did not want to stick around. Waiting to hear when we can do a frozen transfer with one of our snowbabies!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that is creepy Crafty.

I'm glad I didn't cause a big uprising LOL. And totally understand all your points of view

I do worry about being a good enough Mum quite often. I'm sure DH worries more about the money side than me. I know I won't be able to be such a spend thrift like I am now. That's why I want to start buying maternity stuff before hand. If I see a good deal on eBay or something...

We were discussing on Sunday the costs of daycare. How much do you get back from the govt for childcare? I thought it was 5k a year?
    That doesn't really get you that far really. What is amazing, is that childcare is more expensive than sending your children to some private schools, which is quite frankly crazy imo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbabe View Post
    That's kind of freaky Crafty lol.

So ladies we just got our first BFN. This little embie did not want to stick around. Waiting to hear when we can do a frozen transfer with one of our snowbabies!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!
    So sorry Rainbowbabe Fx you and DF can do a FET before the end of the year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Snowbabies, that's so cute XD

Crafty, what sort of workplace are you in lol 8-|

I don't so much worry about being a good mother as I do ponder the ways in which I can ensure I AM a good mother, if that makes sense?? I love day dreaming scenarios and things I'll do with/for them... Hopefully I can fulfill my high expectations of myself lol!!
    I worry more about the money side of things. Not because I think we can't afford the lifestyle but because we should really be paying off our debt first. I know we are being selfish by trying before we are financially secure but I just can't bring myself to wait. To be completely honest I'm grateful we haven't had success so far as it's given us the extra time we have needed to get organised. That's what keeps me sane with all the bfns lol ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that Rainbow. Fingers crossed for sticky snow babies.

Crafty have you thought of selling some of your crafts online? Maybe that can bring in some extra funds?

We are financially pretty healthy. But that's also because I earn such a high wage. If I don't go back to work then we would have to be a bit more snug with our spending. But I'm hoping to return straight after mat leave.

We'll just have to budget closer to the time. MrsT I really like your budgeting idea!! I think I'm a bit too much of a spender. I'm going to have to reign in the impulse!

This afternoon I've had a metallic taste in my mouth! It could be a sign! I hope it is and it's not just my lipstick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A metallic taste is an excellent sign Coco!! that was my first symptom too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry about that Rainbow. Fingers crossed for you for stickies very soon!!

Coco that is super duper exciting!!!

I feel like I just want my kids to have the best upbringing and me be the best role model so that's what worries me. I just think of all the different things that come into being a 'good' parents like healthy eating, manners etc. But I look at photos like that and think pfftt I've got nothing to worry about. I know financially our kids will have a pretty comfortable lifestyle. Which I am happy about as dh said he grew up poor and missed out on a lot and that's why he worries about money more than I do. I just want my kids to be able to do extra curriculum etc. Like swimming lessons, gymbaroo...

Lucky for dh being a great saver and budgeter. I am hopeless. Budgets and me do not agree.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by clucky_duck; 13-11-2013 at 14:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We are hopeless at saving but great at paying off debt haha. If it's there I spend it, but if there's a negative value I can see I HAVE to fix it. OCD much lol...

I grew up on the poor side of things. I have since discovered that they actually are quite wealthy, just very frugal. I think TOO frugal. I think it's important to find a healthy middle ground. I want my children to not be lacking in all the things they need, but make them work for the things they want. Very important to me that my children appreciate the value of things and don't become spoilt.