Closed Thread
Page 83 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive found buying gender neutral very difficult for those who have had baby showers when they didnt know, 95% of stuff is geared towards one sex or the other rather than half way!! Eg the MCN nappies!!

There are certainly ways around it and I will be buying as much as I can gender neutral (esp newborn stuff) and every day items (our nursery for Sprog is painted blue and purple with white furniture) but even when I was buying for Sprog I found it was extremely limited as I didnt know the sex!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I see where you're coming from, but no I definitely need to know to help with planning. I also think that buying baby shower stuff for an unknown is horrible :-(
    I can understand why other people would like it to be a surprise, but it's just not me. And esp not DH.
    It's not so much that I want to be able to buy things that are "gender" specific, but more "them" specific if that makes sense? The things I buy for "Corey" are different to the things I would buy for "Madelyn". I dunno if that makes more sense or less haha (and no they're not my names they were just the first gender specific names that came to mind :-P)

I'm not a fan of pink for girls and blue for boys either. But I do want to be able to buy "daddy's little guy" or "princess in training" cutesy things that definitely are specific. And mcns would be a bit easier too, though really anything goes for those.

And yes I respect that they CAN be wrong. But I would be more than willing to just cross that bridge when we came to it rather than ponder it the whole term.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The prepared and organised thing is also a mental thing. For us, and especially DH, it really helped him bond with the pregnancy. I'm sure he would have if we didn't find out but it was this instant bond once the baby went from being an "it" to a boy. (And it wasn't just because it was a boy because he wants a girl just as much and as soon as we got out of the scan he told me we couldn't wait to long to have our girl!)

I also liked having some gender specific stuff so it helped me plan there. I did buy a lot of neutral to so it could be used for future babies but I was glad to have gotten some stuff for a boy. Nursery was going to be the same boy/girl so that didn't matter.

I think if I was told I was having a girl I would be ALOT more sceptical but I'd seen the pointy boy evidence multiple times so was pretty convinced!

Ahh well, wish me luck for no AF today. Am totally expecting it tho (but was the same when I got my BFP with DS).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Keeping fingers crossed for you lovely .

Having a minor freak out today. I hate thinking too much. Does anybody worry about money and kids? Sometimes I freak out I won't be able to afford to be pregnant or have a baby ( even though I plan on BF and using MCN.) such a sucky feeling =(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Crafty I don't think anyone at all is immune to those scary thoughts and feelings... The fact that you're thinking them at all means you CARE and that's a good thing not a bad thing xx a little bit of anxiety is healthy. But if it's keeping you up at night, or you can't focus on other things, then it's best if you acknowledge your issues.
    Is there a real uncertainty, or more of a "what if?" If you truly don't know if you can afford it, try doing a simple budget. Open excel and list every expense you currently have. Turn everything into the same frequency (so if you're paid monthly, concert everything to monthly payments). Then in the next column predict what you expect will change/stay the same in the baby household. Eg; more electricity (home all day), less petrol (not driving to work), all those sort of things. Then see if your income fits the budget. If it doesn't, just reassess you list and see where you're lacking. Looks like too much food money? Brainstorm eating on a budget, can't afford the v8 car? Consider downsizing. Etc etc.
    it will help you see a more concrete understanding of your requirements so when you feel unsure, just remind yourself that no; you're done the numbers and they work

That's what works for me anyway (but yes I think about it a lot!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want to know because I hate not knowing! I currently hate not knowing if I'm UTD or not. I had a sharp cramp like pain this morning (I'm currently 6dpo). I just don't feel right. But let's see.

Fingers crossed for you too shani!

I've decided I will test on Sunday (10dpo).

Crafty I know what you mean. My worry at the moment is how am I going to manage these symptoms and work for 9 months?! I'm struggling at the moment and I may not even be pregnant lol!

Oh I've started reading Kaz Cook's up the duff. It's great! And she breaks down all the essentials you are likely going to have to buy. Which I think is quite affordable!

But having said that have you guys seen the cost of child care?! A friend of mine was saying he pays $120 per day for each kid! I'm lucky ill have the parents to help out but let's see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup the cost of child are these days is equiv to the pay you will get going back to work haha :-/
    I hope to build my own home business so hopefully going back to work isn't really on the cards for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think everyone fears that but I figure if those on welfare can have kids then having a job is a step up!!
    The budget is a very good idea, im budget mad and have our estimated costs done up til the end of 2015!
    If its possible start putting away as much of your wage as possible into a separate savings account, everyone I know with kids suggested doing this as soon as we started TTC. It allows you to see if you can cope on one wage and gives you a lovely little bank account to drawn upon if need be when bubby comes or in the worse case scenario pay for IVF like mine has. Ive been putting away a min $300 each fortnight since we started TTC and now have a sizeable "baby wage" for when I eventually have a bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish that's a fantastic idea. We did plan on doing that but unfortunately it's gone to paying for our house deposit instead. I hope to use the 8 months that I'm working while already utd to put towards some savings. Will be good to practice one wage too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1384306853.004101.jpg
    With parents like these bringing up fairly same children I realise I'll probably do okay....haha 8-|

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (13-11-2013),Craftymamabris  (13-11-2013)