Closed Thread
Page 70 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Great idea about the open house :-) and to have it after a few weeks is great. Did your parents visit sooner or did they wait as well? I'd be fine with immediate family but not many or for too long.

Very exciting crafty, it's all happening!!! How long do they suggest before your body is back to normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ooo crafty, how exciting It's starting to happen for everyone! Remember when this thread was started, 2014 seemed soooooooooo far away

I agree about the energy too being spent on baby rather than entertaining. We were blessed with a great sleeper from day 1 but you are still up for a few feeds overnight, up to an hour (or more!) each feed. Even with a good sleeper, those first weeks still took their toll sleep wise. I don't envy those that have unsettled bubs Plus, in all honesty, I didn't feel super glamorous straight after birth, couldn't walk without looking like I had a stick up me or couldn't sit comfortably for a good week after! Ahhh the joys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wasting time on bubhub at the same time mrst hehe

Yeah, our parents came earlier. DD was born Sunday, we came home Monday morning, inlaws visited on the Wednesday (which was handy because although I had cooked and frozen meals, we still needed staples like bread & milk so they did a quick shop for us), then my dad visited the following Sunday. Only other visitors for us were the visiting midwife and child health nurse. DH went back to work that Thursday so it was just DD and I (plus the furbabies )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Woohoo Crafty!! I remember the excitement of stopping BC!!

I love the idea of having visiting afternoons, I dont know how I would go with explaining to family and friends that that cant visit though... We'll see!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Michelle, what else am I supposed to do at work if not on BH?? Like, work or something?? pfft!!! :-P

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

michellek  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahahah that's what I do at work now, come on here or surf the net for awesome stuff or information hahaha. What's work? Hahaha. And I think on the Mirena it's said about 3 months to be 100% sure. You can get UTD earlier but i will wait. I'm just excited to get it removed and start monitoring cycle etc ( where the hell do I start with all that :-/) more power to you ladies who have done that or are doing that - so much math *brain farts galore*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymamabris View Post
    Hahahah that's what I do at work now, come on here or surf the net for awesome stuff or information hahaha. What's work? Hahaha. And I think on the Mirena it's said about 3 months to be 100% sure. You can get UTD earlier but i will wait. I'm just excited to get it removed and start monitoring cycle etc ( where the hell do I start with all that :-/) more power to you ladies who have done that or are doing that - so much math *brain farts galore*
    Id give Dec a break then start BBT charting, or throw that all out the window and just go with the flow

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what I can remember my cycles are all over the shop so I may have to just go with it. Omg but won't be trying until we get our car back from the mechanic. It's taken them 5 months to change the engine over and wire a few cords. So ****ed off. And they keep messing my partner and I around. So today my partner said he can take it to another auto electrician but he isn't local ( which means big $$$$) for a tow truck as our car is not drivable and extra $$ for this guy. All I can say is this workshop had better not charge us full price. So much stress. We currently have to depend on my partners brother to use his car and he swears and gets all angry when my partner says the cars not ready and I'm like arggggh! Sorry ladies needed a vent since my partner gets snappy if I vent to him because everyone's been at him about it and I'm expected to keep calm and happy about it. Hard to be calm when that's hundreds that will be taken from savings it feels like a huge step backwards. The Amish are onto something with their horses and carts let me tell you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do think it can be a gift grab really. My SIL had another one as there is a 4.5yr age gap between her kids so I ended up spending buckets on her last babies, one being twins and two because I felt obliged to get stuff for when they were born too *sigh* and also she did a naming day for her first but later changed to having all the boys christened. So had to get her first born a christening gift also even though everyone gave gifts for his naming day LOL

Hmm I am going to keep hospital strictly for fam visits and when I get home, that is when I'll 'book visitors in'. When you;re recovering from a birth, especially a csection, it would be so hard to 'entertain' guests.

Coco sent your way! Would be so lovely if you are utd

TGIF tomorrow, worst week AGAIN. So over it. Was crying at work today because I bought my bff this custom made coat hanger for her wedding dress next week. I accidently left it at work in the postage bubble wrap envelope and the cleaner threw it out!!! I am so stressed with work and coming in to find that just tipped me over the edge.
    Last edited by clucky_duck; 07-11-2013 at 17:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw hugs hope! Never any good when that happens. You keep thinking of all the things you could've done to prevent it. But on the positive side at least it was the hanger that got thrown away and not the wedding dress!

Crafty congrats on getting off BC!

I'm pretty sure we will be inundated with visitors after a bub. But I think I'll enjoy it.

After some thought I don't think I'm UTD as I think I ovulated today. DH isn't due home until 10pm tonight and he's a little under the weather so I don't think there will be any DTD tonight. So I think next month will have to be it. It would be bad of me to push him to make love tonight if he's not up for it. But a part of me wants to. Maybe I shook just greet him at the door naked? Lol any other suggestions?