Closed Thread
Page 66 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I felt so silly buying things before preg, but I know one way or another we will be having children. If it takes ivf, adoption, stealing from the jungle gym (pretty sure I'm joking with the last). So i know either way we will be using it eventually... Worst case I sell it I suppose? But I can't even comprehend that...
    I don't get sad looking at it yet, but I suppose I might if it gets to the point where we have been trying for ages with no results. I actually like seeing our little pile build lol, cos I feel like sure I might not be utd, but we are doing every little thing we can to get this ttc going lol :-) and I feel like every little thing we get now is one less thing we have to worry about once we are on a 40 week time limit :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    I totally agree! When we were pregnant I was dying to buy all the little cute things esp the MCN's!! Trying not to look too much, not knowing how long it will all sit there is a bit depressing for me.
    Oh it's the opposite for me. I don't know why. I look at the stuff I have and I think about our child using it . I love looking at it. And feeling soft minky fabric *my weakness* plus we will be sitting on a very tight budget while I'm UTD and until I go back to work so if I can get the nice stuff while were both working I will.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel the same mrs t. I'm just happy that my partner has said lets do it and I have a stash of stuff . It makes it easier to wait until next year .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I fall into the trying for a "long time" category and the loss of our little Sprog im a little more cautious. Id love to buy something once a month til we get UTD but I may spend thousands on stuff we may just never use.
    FYI adoption is not an easy path at all (approx 7 years from start to finish) but Im sure none of you will need it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only things I have accumulated baby wise is inherited goodies from my dear sister. In the back studio there are about 10 nappy boxes of clothes. I told my MIL that no I hadn't gone out and bought bulk nappies LOL.

I have something holding me back from buying stuff. I haven't asked DH if I can buy anything or if he's happy for me to do it. I think he's more of a buy it when you're utd type of guy. I will ask tonight and see what he says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I never thought I would buy things either, but I just know when we are utd I don't want to worry about affording this, or budgeting for that. I don't want it to be a stressful time. I want to spend it setting up the things we already purchased carefully lol. It also means I can buy when there's specials, and not because I need it NOW before bub comes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    I guess I fall into the trying for a "long time" category and the loss of our little Sprog im a little more cautious. Id love to buy something once a month til we get UTD but I may spend thousands on stuff we may just never use.
    FYI adoption is not an easy path at all (approx 7 years from start to finish) but Im sure none of you will need it!
    I can certainly understand that and why you would be a bit weary I would be for sure

My partner leaves me to buying all the stuff. He has said nicely that he can't pretend to be interested in nappies and furniture is furniture to him so long as it isn't dangerous, outdated or over the top expensive. He said if I showed him a photo of two things he would give an opinion but meh. But it's the same when he talks about family cars and I'm like "argh you pick and stop asking me I don't care!!!"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    I never thought I would buy things either, but I just know when we are utd I don't want to worry about affording this, or budgeting for that. I don't want it to be a stressful time. I want to spend it setting up the things we already purchased carefully lol. It also means I can buy when there's specials, and not because I need it NOW before bub comes.
    That's it hey. Any spare money we have I want to go do stuff and enjoy ourselves as a couple etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always been scared of buying things in case I jinx myself. It's probably silly, since I can see the practical reasons to buying and being super prepared beforehand. Plus I think DH will want to wait until we're actually UTD.

As for nappy bags, this is going to sound ridiculous, but why a nappy bag? Can't we use a normal bag with pockets and such? I'm not a big fan of nappy bags and the way they look. But we went to the baby expo a few weeks ago and there were some nice looking ones on display - they just looked like big handbags. So now I wonder why we can't just use a normal big handbag? Excuse my ignorance!

Girls, remember when I said we started TTC last Thursday? I know this is super early, but I wonder if I'm UTD. I'm having strange symptoms and I honestly don't know when I was due to O or even I have O'd yet! I wish I had been monitoring my cycles more beforehand.

This is going to sound terrible, but I'm now feeling a little scared about being UTD.

I don't think AF is due for another 2 weeks or so. So watch this space!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah there's no reason you can't just use a regular bag nappy bags are just usually waterproof and have a pocket for soiled clothes etc. That's why I like my bag it looks like a normal bag but just a bit bigger. I don't want some pink or blue doona looking thing haha.