Closed Thread
Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully_a_fertile_mertile View Post
    Those wraps are what Kate and Will use for Prince George, so they must be the shiz hahah

No won't go overboard with clothes ladies, don't worry ..as it doesn't make sense to. I'd rather buy more practical things like the safety stuff or bulk nappies. My sister wanted to do cloth, but after midnight nappy changes she was like screw it lol...also she said it is sooooo good to get onesies that zip at the front rather than the snap clicky ones, because in the middle of the night if you are half asleep and baby has spewed or pooed, def easier to do a zip than heaps of those annoying buttons, esp round the leg area. So will be trying to avoid the clip ones.

I may invest in a kindle, although we have an iPad so I think that'll do. Gotta start saving in all different ways. It'll pay off in the long term.

The xmas tree was fine. I put it up with DH as a trial. It isn't TOO big which is good. Just the right size It's down again now. I am thinking (crazy I know),to put it up around 14th Nov because we have guests staying over that weekend and one of the guest rooms is covered in wrapped xmas presents for the kids (godchildren, nephews)...so gotta put them somewhere, thought under the tree seems right. Bit early but oh well
    Yeah I have heard that too about zips at the front being a lot easier especially with nappy changes. I got snaps for summer onesies ( so there's only 3 to undo) but for long sleeved ones zip all the way. I won a top from Laila & Spot which is owned by this lady who makes clothing for new mothers ( not maternity )so that's one item of clothing I have for me . It feels so soft and comfortable and there's two layers to the shirt, the second layer has 2 holes that makes it easy to breastfeed. Definitely handy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you can get the two way zips, so you can just do the bottom half. Otherwise I found snaps quite good at first before I discovered two way zips and before he started moving, so I could just unsnap the bum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just pictured this top in my head as a completely normal top with like... rings cut out around the breast itself HAHA 8-|
    It does sound wonderful though :-) lucky you. How did u win it?

I bought a bag of second hand clothes off someone, and there was a maternity breast feeding singlet in there in my size! Score!

Ok I tested today :-( it's too early but I was just practicing!! :-/
    10dpo bfn :-(

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Shani ask away!

Re mobile devices & breastfeeding, just be aware it more often than not takes 2 hands to hold bub. Ive always found a smart phone easier and I can feed with no hands!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry I forgot to answer the earlier Q for EEG. The results are available but I just haven't had a chance to get them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Shani ask away!

Re mobile devices & breastfeeding, just be aware it more often than not takes 2 hands to hold bub. Ive always found a smart phone easier and I can feed with no hands!

See I would love to be a gs when our family is complete but DH has said flat out no. Which I respect, it would affect him to.

So how was your DH with your choice?
    How does it work if your working with lost income around late term/birth?
    How did you get in to it?
    Have you met the IM/F
    So many other questions but can't articulate them. And tell me to bug of if I'm being nosy

I love pregnancy after the first 16 or so weeks but I think those first 16 of me being so sick was what turned DH of aside from everything else.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So how was your DH with your choice? He was fine, he knew from the begining it was something I wanted to do.

How does it work if your working with lost income around late term/birth? Your entitled to PPL and you can claim any loss of income from the IPs towards the end of pregnancy some surrogates use maternity leave but it really depends what your happy to do etc

How did you get in to it? Ive always wanted to be a surrogate, you can read more if you follow the link in my signature

Have you met the IM/F yes we met years ago and have been friends since

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    I just pictured this top in my head as a completely normal top with like... rings cut out around the breast itself HAHA 8-|
    It does sound wonderful though :-) lucky you. How did u win it?

I bought a bag of second hand clothes off someone, and there was a maternity breast feeding singlet in there in my size! Score!

Ok I tested today :-( it's too early but I was just practicing!! :-/
    10dpo bfn :-(
    Haha I was actually picturing Mean Girls and when they cut the girls singlet

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Craftymamabris For This Useful Post:

MrsTugs  (31-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow you ladies are chatting its really hard to keep up but I'm loving the energy :-)

Hof hats off to you what an amazing selfless thing you are doing!!!

I can't believe how organised you ladies are, I was 20 weeks when we lost Ana and we had only bought a few clothes. Granted we have most the big stuff from dd, all we will need is a pram, highchair and swing. And if I find any of these at a good price before falling pregnant again I'll prob buy it!

As for the tv in nursery, when I fell pregnant with dd I demanded we get foxtel because if I'm up for feeds at all hours of the night I need something to occupy me. I never once turned it on lol I was to scared of completely waking her, I'd just sit in the dark trying not to nod off lol

Afm tonight we were discussing our trip to nz which was planned for end of Feb. We want to fly back with fil as he works in oz fifo and he won't be going back til early April. We were meant to start ttc after trip but I don't think I can wait that long. I'll have to bring this up with dp now and don't know what he'll say as he made we clear if we get utd beforehand we won't be going for financial reasons. Knowing it might take us a while because of my pcos I just can't put off trying for that long :-/

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by melimum View Post
    Wow you ladies are chatting its really hard to keep up but I'm loving the energy :-)

Hof hats off to you what an amazing selfless thing you are doing!!!

I can't believe how organised you ladies are, I was 20 weeks when we lost Ana and we had only bought a few clothes. Granted we have most the big stuff from dd, all we will need is a pram, highchair and swing. And if I find any of these at a good price before falling pregnant again I'll prob buy it!

As for the tv in nursery, when I fell pregnant with dd I demanded we get foxtel because if I'm up for feeds at all hours of the night I need something to occupy me. I never once turned it on lol I was to scared of completely waking her, I'd just sit in the dark trying not to nod off lol

Afm tonight we were discussing our trip to nz which was planned for end of Feb. We want to fly back with fil as he works in oz fifo and he won't be going back til early April. We were meant to start ttc after trip but I don't think I can wait that long. I'll have to bring this up with dp now and don't know what he'll say as he made we clear if we get utd beforehand we won't be going for financial reasons. Knowing it might take us a while because of my pcos I just can't put off trying for that long :-/

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Hopefully he sees things your way and if you get UTD before then that'd be wonderful ( you don't have the trip to go on then) but you'll have a bun in the oven and if not then you have a trip to go on. Win win

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Craftymamabris For This Useful Post:

melimum  (31-10-2013)