Closed Thread
Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh yes I am!!! Well when we have sold it to MrsT, we will be TTC immediately LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and on another note...my 'conceive well' vits and DHs 'Sperm Max' arrived today haha. He is going to get a surprise seeing those on his bedside table...didn't tell him I was buying them LOL. I'll let you girls know his reaction.

Have any of you read much about good breast pumps? I don't know if it'd be worth buying them before giving birth or waiting to see how you go bfeeding..interested to hear the thoughts from the mummies on here (if you used one).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Of course I will keep everyone updated I have noone else to tell for a few months

Mrst - you kept telling me to be positive. Heck I had to wait for af to be a week late! 3 more days now for you to wait

Hopefully - how did your dh tale to his tablets? If it will help, tell him it will give him super pacman style sperm that will eat your egg right up Bahaha. My dh is never going to live that down

Rainbow - you and your dp must not be too far away from a pick up?

Dh has been banished to the couch because he has snored allllllllllll night and great, I can't go back to sleep

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and in response to your query about breast pumps hopefully -

I just bought a manual avent one before dd was born (came in a set with bottles & a microwave steriliser). I wanted it as a 'just in case'. For me, it would have been a waste to buy anything more as I was able to bf dd right through without ever needing a bottle

It did come in handy though to relieve the discomfort in the early weeks & then again when she started solids as I would pump a bit for her cereal rather than using cows milk for the first few months

If you plan to express feeds at all to freeze or allow hubby to feed, manual pumps are too much work. Probably better to check them out, know what you would want and take a 'wait & see' approach

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice about the breast pump Michelle.. I was also wondering the same thing haha. As for DF, yeah her EPU is coming up soon! Should be in about 3 weeks. Not long at all!!! Kinda getting nervous now!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the medela swing breast pump. It was very good, but I had a crazy low supply and could never pump much. I lent it to my bestie and she liked it too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rain, excitement/nervousness is going to be a well known mix to us all over the next year haha. I think being nervous is good, means we are taking this seriously, if that makes sense...?

You're right Michelle, I'm terrible at taking my own advise 8-/

I want to breastfeed for as long as possible. I believe they are too old for it if they can undress you themselves and ask for it lol, but until then it's important to do your best. Obviously I'm very pro-children eating, whatever way that has to be; breast bottle or other :-)
    In saying that, once bub is old enough to use both types, I do want to introduce the bottle. Just for flexibility, being able to have parents baby sit for a night, have hubby do a feed here n there, etc.
    so I think I would get an electric breast pump. I'm sure u can hire them from hospitals..? Trial them before you buy so to speak.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here you gp mrst - this is as close as I get to 'getting undressed'

Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michellek View Post
    Here you gp mrst - this is as close as I get to 'getting undressed'

Haha this is adorable!! Can she say "boob"?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes I would prefer she does - she prefers the 'tank down my top' method. She doesn't care where she is either