Page 49 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cord/stump you know what I mean

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Crafty that makes sense. Lucky you and DH can sort it so you don't have to work while TTC and just focus on your health.

I've manage to have 12 months paid leave this time then I can go back casual and work when we need the money for another 8 months. Would ideally like to be going on mat leave again when that ends so I don't have to change my contract therefore will get next mat leave also paid on full time rates (part of the reason we are eager to TTC) but I will only have 6 month paid leave then a year where I can work casual. Will definitely stress me going back for 1-2 shifts a week when bub 2 is 6 months old but you do what you gotta! Will probably go back for night shifts so it's not much time away from them anyway. Here's hoping that #2 will take a bottle of ebm!

Hopefully - it is fun but also really stressful and hard at times. I think it will be different going back now I have DS. I think I will see things in a whole new light.

HOF - I remember dildo cam, you poor thing, I don't remember it being that bad. Hope you are feeling better soon. That's cool about maternity clothes, but like you, I think I just bought a couple of Kmart maternity singlets/tshirts, a couple of cotton skirts and a pair of maternity shorts. I would love to be heavily pregnant over winter next time (summer baby meant a horrible pregnancy!), but would mean I would need a couple of long sleeved tops and some maternity jeans. I always wanted maternity jeans I am so amazed at your journey and have so many questions but I'm not sure if they'd be rude to ask
    Those of you buying things - you are so organised! When we decided we would TTC DS I started saving, $50 or so a week I think it was, sometimes more. It took longer than expected TTC so we had over $5k by the time I fell pregnant!! I had written a huge list and done heaps of research but DH would have thought I was crazy if I started buying before UTD! But I knew exactly what I wanted we spent a fair bit on cot and change table and pram but bought things that would grow with baby (and stuff I loved, didn't want to get things I didn't really like then want to upgrade next baby iykwim). I just bought an ikea rocking chair and footstool for a feeding chair in the nursery. I only use it over night and only since DS went into his own room - at 4 or so months, before that I would feed sitting up in bed then put him back in the bassinet next to the bed. During the day I've always fed in the lounge on the couch.

In regards to tv in nursery, I wouldn't, for the reasons stated above and what Michelle said. I did watch tv on overnight feeds for the first few weeks when he took ages to feed, but that was in our room. And I stopped pretty early on and just went on my phone. Now I don't even do that and I don't have any lights on, I get up feed and put him down all in the dark, but I have pretty good night vision and I'm not scared of the dark DS never had day/night confusion and I've only had 2-3 times ever when I had to actively resettle after feeding him (usually when teething etc), otherwise I feed, put him down and walk out and he goes straight back to sleep.

As for clothes, I also wouldn't buy to much. I didn't buy very much but that was because DS was born in feb and I knew he would be in singlets/nappies for ages and I was right. I then bought as needed.

And finally on mcn's - we love them. DS had been in them since 2 days old when his meconium passed. We have gone 5 hrs to albany and stayed with my sister for 4 days with him in full time cloth, we went camping for 3 days full time cloth we also use cloth wipes. It's all we've ever done so wouldn't know different. I don't find it that bad when out, we just use a wet bag and it takes 2 seconds when we get home to sort it out. DS poo'd a lot as a newborn but it didn't bother me, I figured I was going to be spending so much more if he was in sposies pooing so much so saw it as a massive saving. I just washed daily and being summer we had no problems with drying which was good. In regards to creams, we use the Curash powder (which is fine with mcn's) overnight or if he will be in them without a change for long periods, but honestly the only time we've had rashes is if he's not properly powdered overnight, or if he's done a ninja poo and I haven't noticed for a while and he's sat in it, but that would be no different cream or not, sposies or mcn.

Arghh that worked out a novel, sorry, I had no internet all day so had lots to catch up on!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

Craftymamabris  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymamabris View Post
    I've got a few newborn size, I got them in excellent used condition for like $10 each which isn't too bad. They are SO tiny! And they have a little area that turns down for the cord etc. I will also use cloth wipes on my future he or she devil. I love all the fabric so that alone is a great incentive for me haha
    That's an awesome price. I wouldn't buy new newborn sized but second hands a good way to go. Luckily my DS fit in most of his osfm at 2 days old. He wasn't huge either, there were just a couple of leaks every now and again but it wasn't a biggy, as I say it was summer so everything dried fast.

I found I bought to many wraps. Everyone said buy heaps, bub will spew over them all but he never did, he's spewed about 6-7 times ever, just wasn't a spewy baby. Poo'd on them more often!! I bought 3 packs of 3 and I definitely only needed 2 packs, 1 probably would have been ok even. I would suggest getting good ones tho. I LOVE the Aden and anais bamboo muslin ones. So soft and really big which was perfect for swaddling. It's my fave gift for close friends who have babies (they aren't cheap tho!) and it is my nieces favourite thing, she won't sleep without it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooooh I will have to check out those Wraps. I've been wondering which ones to go for and I am familiar with Aden & Anais. And we originally started stashing when by chance I came across this second hand tartan onesie in a 000 size. As my beloved grandfather was Scottish and me being a tartan lover from way back I snatched it up. And since then it just happened. This is a preview of a nappy I'm having made isn't it cute ( and unfortunately too small for me because I'd totally get around in that ) I must say I don't know if I will get a pram before though as I'd be worried they wouldn't take to it and then that'd be a waste of good money ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1383140435.217706.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Michelle I completely respect what ur saying bout TV. It's kinda the reason I brought it up in the first place I suppose :-)
    I still wonder what I will do with all my time 8-/
    Any chance I could use headphones and cover baby's head with a blanket LOL (I'm fairly sure I'm kidding :-P)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe you could find a good book, get one of those kindles. Or use your phone and find some games to play.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The reason we bought so early is because we are terrible at saving money. We aren't so good at just putting aside $50 every week etc, we always find "needs" for using it and then it's gone! But when you buy things bit by bit well, you don't miss the money, and you don't have to save. That's our way of working around our bad habits lol. Though at the moment we are saving for a house deposit, so every pay we chuck in $200. It's working well so far. We have to prove "3 months genuine savings" so if we withdraw any money then the 3 months resets. This is great motivation, as we are in the process of buying land right now and our finance will be due in 3 months lol. So basically if we touch our savings at all then we will not be ready and will loose our block lol. Oops 8-/

I don't know if I will be any good with cloth nappies but I really truly think it would be worth it. I'm already looking into cloth pads, figure if I'm not going to be utd I may as well make the most of getting AF by saving money lol. I normally wear "libra goodnights" for over night because they are longer in length for the extra time for accidents.... Any one whose used cloth pads find an issue there? I used to wear two pairs of undies to bed when I was 14-15 lol. Helped avoid accidents *embarrassed*

Thanks for the tips on brands, I have heard very good things about bamboo weave for babies cloth/clothes. Def think it's worth the investment to give them the best possible start. I'll look into those muslins recommended above!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymamabris View Post
    Maybe you could find a good book, get one of those kindles. Or use your phone and find some games to play.
    A kindle is a good idea. Can turn the brightness down and can hold/"turn page" with just one hand. I'm an avid reader. That will work :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I have light bleeding or a normal AF ( which is so rare I can barely remember what one is like now) I used a sponge. So comfortable. Feels like you're not even using anything. I'd never go back to anything after a sponge unless I had to . And i will be getting a kindle so if breastfeeding works out my thumbs won't fall off from me twiddling them day after day lol. Though that makes me want to sing a parody to Bruce Springsteens Dancing in the dark : breastfeeding in the dark.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those wraps are what Kate and Will use for Prince George, so they must be the shiz hahah

No won't go overboard with clothes ladies, don't worry ..as it doesn't make sense to. I'd rather buy more practical things like the safety stuff or bulk nappies. My sister wanted to do cloth, but after midnight nappy changes she was like screw it lol...also she said it is sooooo good to get onesies that zip at the front rather than the snap clicky ones, because in the middle of the night if you are half asleep and baby has spewed or pooed, def easier to do a zip than heaps of those annoying buttons, esp round the leg area. So will be trying to avoid the clip ones.

I may invest in a kindle, although we have an iPad so I think that'll do. Gotta start saving in all different ways. It'll pay off in the long term.

The xmas tree was fine. I put it up with DH as a trial. It isn't TOO big which is good. Just the right size It's down again now. I am thinking (crazy I know),to put it up around 14th Nov because we have guests staying over that weekend and one of the guest rooms is covered in wrapped xmas presents for the kids (godchildren, nephews)...so gotta put them somewhere, thought under the tree seems right. Bit early but oh well