Closed Thread
Page 48 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was def considering maternity clothes. But we have bought a capsule, the car insert for it, the pram frame that matches it, and another pram from the same range which can be interchanged with it (normal seat not capsule, for when older etc). Also have a nappy bin and something else, I'm sure, but I can't think what now...
    I will be buying a cot/changetable/dresser set in the next few weeks as I found a reputable company that is doing a deal for the whole set. I'm going to buy a few other things then too (furniture stuff, to make sure I get all the same wood stain - I hate things not matching!!). The other big purchase I want to make early is a nursing chair. I will be spending for quality here, as I know I will be spending a lot of time in that chair haha. I'll make sure it can do full 360 degree swing, with leg rest, and can rock or lock in to not rock. Arm rests too. And I'll buy a nursing pillow. No point being uncomfortable when it will be 90% of your day in there for at least the first few weeks
    I'm tossing up whether to put a tv in the nursery. On one hand I think it's a terrible idea... but on the other hand, I want to be able to spend my time in there, and not have to move out to the loungeroom if I get bored, etc. And I'm the sort who downloads tv shows and watches them in my spare time, so I can picture me having that going while I'm nursing. I'm just very torn there.... seems so... wrong? Any input ladies?

One thing I will say to you all is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't buy tonnes of clothes. Even gender neutral clothes. It's probably the one true thing that you will have no control over the variables. Ok sure, you don't know if it will be a boy or a girl, therefore you go neutral. But it's not that easy. You don't know if you're going to have a long baby, and therefore have to upsize much quicker than expected. Or if you have a 5lber, and so all your 000 don't fit yet, and you need to buy a whole new "premmie" wardrobe, and by the time they're ready for their 000s it's the wrong season for them. Or you have a 10lber, and ALL the 0000s you bought are completely wasted, and bub starts in 000-00s. Or you buy the CUTEST little outfits and jumpers and body suits, but bub is born in Nov, and you don't get to use them because by the time the season is right, they're already in 00s. There's just NO WAY of knowing any of these things, and it's SUCH a waste. As mum-to-be's we get so excited, and look at all the beautiful things, but let us be honest with ourselves; our babys will live in a nappy and a singlet for summer, or a nappy a singlet and a bodysuit for winter. They will be plain coloured, and they will be covered in poo & vomit for most of the day.
    Sorry, don't mean to lecture anyone or anything, I just don't want anyone to get disappointed and spend lots of money on pretty things just to have them go to waste haha. I think these pretty outfits should wait until they're like 6 months and you know their growth rate and their style. Anyway, I'll stop blabbing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I been thinking I should do that and buy stuff. Was about to make a list son maybe we can compile one. What you think girls?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hers&Hers For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mrst - I personally would never, ever put a tv in the nursery. Then again I never fed DD on the couch over night with the tv on like a lot of my friends did. They use to have trouble resettling bub (on the quiet I was like duh, they have all these bright lights on around them...) I fed DD in her room with only the small night light on and she was back asleep after every feed without delay. I had my phone, dimmed it right down. That's my opinion anyway

Cute little outfits are NOT practical until your buba is steadily walking at least. Even crawling, especially girls, dresses get caught up under their legs. Yes for special occasions but otherwise dont get too fancy. That was one upside to DD walking super early, she could wear the cute dresses for her first summer Chances are also you will get inundated with clothes once bub is born (or baby shower if you have one. With all the clothes we got at birth, made me glad I *didn't* have a baby shower!)

Hopefully - I would have been in a similar position had I not resigned - I wouldn't be able to do my position part time. It was just not economical for me to drop down to a lesser role, work part time and travel 75mins each way every day We are just very grateful that DH earns decent enough to cover the mortgage and bills so there isn't a dire need for me to work

Oh and whilst I remember, did you get your results from your EEG mrst?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I buy bonds as they come on sale. Have a heap of 000 and 00 sized singlets, have 6 000 summer onesies and and a heap of plain bibs and summer and winter hats ( they were not expensive so no harm) I have a play mat, a swing ( so hard to hide) I have a big layby with a bath, bedding set, towels, wash cloths, baby monitor, changing mat, thermometer for the room etc and soon we will put a nursery set on layby. I have also started my cloth nappy stash ( have nabbed a few limited editions and have had some made) they're all OSFM. I'll wait to see if we upgrade our car before I decide what cat seat we get. I am going to be making an appointment for a pre conception check soon. So nervous. I want to get both of our mineral and vitamin levels checked so I can stock up on them and be healthy as soon as possible. What do you ladies think ( I've never had to do this before) should I go to family doctor or find an obgyn for this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hers&Hers View Post
    I been thinking I should do that and buy stuff. Was about to make a list son maybe we can compile one. What you think girls?
    I searched the net high and low and wrote down all the different items and then put together what was on every list and then useful extras so I will post it one I get home. Those who are already mamas can tell me if it's ok or not

Thanks
    Reviews
    I commend you all for buying so much before even TTC, after months of trying and falling the things we had were "haunting" me. I have a room full of our little sprogs things and I cant bare to enter that room anymore.
    Im sure you'll all fall quickly and wint have to worry about it and if you dont some find the things theyve bought inspiring.

Wishing you all well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know what Wish, I have this fear of buying things and massively jinxing myself. That's why I haven't yet bought anything.

I saw this today http://***************************/event/30110 There's some awesome deals on there for safety things around the house. Now that you can't go wrong with. I do see your point of views with the clothes. However, am not worried because I figure if it doesn't suit my child, season size or what have you, I am sure I could give it as a gift as none of my gf's have babies yet, so there will be plenty of baby showers to attend in the years ahead.

I want to also get one of those feeding chairs MrsT! I have such hopes for breastfeeding, but if it doesn't work out, I will still enjoy bottle feeding in one of those super comfy looking chairs

The big tree arrived today LOL. Haven't finished work yet, so will take it home and put it up just to see how large it really is Hope it looks ok...

Today has been the most awful day at work. One of the ladies didn't want to do this job she was given because one of the internal staff are leaving and they wanted her to be the replacement. Anyway, so now I think she is resigning as a consequence. Really awful situation. So now I think they will have to rehire someone. Well I hope so, because she takes up some of our slack as she's part time. She says she doesn't like change. Certainly doesn't like it, if she's quitting...it has been a sad and stressful day today

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Cool Shani and MrsT

Craftymamabris you should look into chemical free cleaning, something like enjo would be safer for you.

So glad I wont have to be paying for maternity clothes, IP's will cover them! I usually get away with a few skirts and some tops and I just wear them to death. Re:baby clothes I def think to think practically when purchasing, and go easy pre-baby as it's easy to go overboard.

Had my OB assessment scan today. OMG the dildo cam was so uncomfortable, 4 hours later I am still cramping and I have no nurofen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    bahaha HOF, dildo cam I had an internal u/s the other week. Not the most comfortable thing with someone you've just met I was having them every other day when doing testing so I was just like yep, whatever

I take my hat off to those wanting to use cloth nappies from the start. It would have done my head in. I remember changing so many nappies only to change it almost immediately again. I do use mcn's now on occasion (dd is almost day toilet trained) but I'm happy to as I know I don't have dirty ones to contend with or have to carry them around the shops until we get home. OSFM will last a good while, she is only on the medium 'notch' for the leg holes and nappy still meets on the studs in the middle. Just be aware that depending on size, newbies may not fit them straight away and you can't use a lot of barrier creams on bubs with them.

Hopefully, did youanage to haul that giant tree home

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a few newborn size, I got them in excellent used condition for like $10 each which isn't too bad. They are SO tiny! And they have a little area that turns down for the cord etc. I will also use cloth wipes on my future he or she devil. I love all the fabric so that alone is a great incentive for me haha