Closed Thread
Page 45 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes it's not too far away! This time of year just flies by and I am very much an organiser. I have lots of lollies ready for the kiddywinks for Halloween. Hopefully we actually get some kids come by as this is the first year in this house. But there's a school on our rd so I expect some tiny tots

That's nice you're going back home for Xmas MrsT! Hopefully you will have some awesome news to share

I need your thoughts please ladies. DH and I are doing Christmas Eve as we aren't going to lunch at my sister's because I really dislike her inlaws and normally we are all bunched together to make it easier for my sister so she doesn't have to drag the kids round. Anyway, as a result of me pulling the pin on lunch, we are now next year not having it all together she will do separate celebrations with her inlaws-thank God!!! Sounds mean on my part but I've had 5 years with them and they really are so very rude. For example- her Father in law told me that my old job was a waste of time in front of 10 other ppl. So yeh, I think you get why I dislike them....ANYWAY

I wanted to do finger food because Xmas day is always so full of food. Do you have any go to yummy finger food ideas pls? Even mini desserts or ones that can be made smaller?? I am attempting this weekend to make a fruit cake for it as most of my fam loves fruitcake... I bought Heston's one with the orange in it as a back up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't believe how quickly Christmas has come around once again. I'm so unorganised as usual. No idea what to buy 3 yr old dd who has everything???

When is everyone planning to start ttc, Is it first, second child etc? I realise this was prob covered earlier in thread just curious where about everyone stands :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meli-DH and I will be starting I hope in March. It will be our first

4. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky_duck For This Useful Post:

melimum  (29-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We will be trying last month 8-/
    For our first :-)

Finger food is great idea!! Little brownies are my favourite. And of course it's the exact same thing just cut smaller haha. And mini muffins are cute and easy. For savoury you could do pizza scrolls & quiches.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by melimum View Post
    Can't believe how quickly Christmas has come around once again. I'm so unorganised as usual. No idea what to buy 3 yr old dd who has everything???

When is everyone planning to start ttc, Is it first, second child etc? I realise this was prob covered earlier in thread just curious where about everyone stands :-)

im not sure of what to get my 3 year old too, and she has nothing to be honest.

We will be trying January for number 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We don't do Halloween, but even so last year was the first time in my entire life we had trick or treaters - just 1 group of kids, I couldn't answer the door anyway as I was feeding dd. Of all the places I've lived (and lived here for nearly 5yrs) there's never been anyone. The next morning when I went for a walk, I saw lots of signs still up saying no knockers and funnily enough they were houses with young kids

We celebrate 'Christmas' on Christmas eve but its a huge fanfare of traditional polish food so I can't help with finger foods there my fave time of the year just for all that yummy food! Hopefully by then the ms has settled and it will actually stay down

Meli - we jumped the gun ttc and stopped the pill last month...I'm 7.5wks along already with #2

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

melimum  (29-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Michelle we also celebrate on Christmas Eve!!! Makes it easy for us cos DF and I see my family Christmas Eve and then her family Christmas Day works out super well our families celebrate different days!

On to finger foods. You could make cheese & spinach triangles, curry puffs, mini pasties or even gourmet sausage rolls. You could make some dips with chopped veggies, I love making stuffed tomatoes but they aren't finger food unless you can get small tomatoes

You can also make voulevants and stuffing balls and... Okay I'm just going to stop lol!!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by melimum View Post

We are going through IVF at the moment but not TTC yet if that makes sense. DF still has to have egg pick up etc. When DF does get pregnant it will be our first

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

melimum  (29-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbabe View Post
    Michelle we also celebrate on Christmas Eve!!! Makes it easy for us cos DF and I see my family Christmas Eve and then her family Christmas Day works out super well our families celebrate different days!

On to finger foods. You could make cheese & spinach triangles, curry puffs, mini pasties or even gourmet sausage rolls. You could make some dips with chopped veggies, I love making stuffed tomatoes but they aren't finger food unless you can get small tomatoes

You can also make voulevants and stuffing balls and... Okay I'm just going to stop lol!!

aaaw That is so nice, i wish we could spend Christmas with DP family, but they are all over the world there is no more that one in a single country.

Have always enjoyed going to other people's celebrations but DP is set on hosting Christmas day.

So will need all the help i can get on food recipes.

Thank god DP is super excited about the tree, i couldn't decorate one to save my life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know what colour theme we are going with this year. Last year it was purple, lime green and silver
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1383012642.482018.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1383012601.753321.jpg

Also, with the stuffed tomato - I thought of a solution to make it finger food! You can cut a tomato in half and then slice part of the round part of make it sit flat on platters you scoop out the middle part and then fill it with whatever you like. Normally I do corn and tuna with homemade egg mayo (not the sweet stuff you buy) and some of tr tomato I scooped out, then garnish it with some parsley or coriander leaves. The red and green makes it look very Christmassy!!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by rainbowbabe; 29-10-2013 at 12:17.