Closed Thread
Page 42 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    H&H- I delayed cord clamping with my son. It only takes a couple of mins, baby gets something like 30% extra oxygenated nutritious blood I will have to double check as that is testing my memory!

Michelle, that would have been super scary. I hope the doc told you to get some extra rest. With my angel babe I had a hematoma, although I never bled at all (hence having to have a d&c) as my cervix was clamped shut! But I did a lot of research on them and they are surprisingly common.

Mrstugs, I seem to have missed your story, what's an EEG?

Thanks
    Reviews
    From a bubhub article:

The benefits of delayed cord clamping for the baby include:
    a normal, healthy blood volume for the transition to life outside the womb
    a full count of red blood cells, stem cells and immune cells.

For the mother, delayed clamping:
    keeps the mother-baby unit intact
    can prevent complications with delivering the placenta.

A review of large studies on delayed cord clamping showed:
    higher blood pressure
    higher hematocrit levels
    more optimal oxygen transport and higher red blood cell flow to vital organs
    reduced infant anaemia
    increased duration of breastfeeding.

For very preterm infants, the benefits also included:
    fewer days on oxygen and ventilation
    fewer transfusions
    lower rates of intraventricular hemorrhage and late-onset sepsis.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

michellek  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am very into delayed cord cutting. Just until it has stopped pulsing.
    DH is also very Whatever You Want Dear but that's standard for him in most things so it was fairly expected. He will def be up near my head rather than my toes lol.

EEG is where they stick a billion wires to ur head and read the electrical pulses in the hope that they find out why I'm fainting :-/
    Yes the glue is the same lol and it's not very pleasant haha....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome melimum, though sorry you find yourself back here. I recall seeing your post when you first found out about your angel. So sorry thay it wasn't a better outcome & I hope your next journey has a happier ending xx

Hopefully - we also did delayed clamping with dd, I actually think it may be becoming the norm unless there are complications?? We were so wrapped up in dd we honestly took no notice of it! She actually attached straight on the boob before her cord was cut. Your dh will probably be more grossed out by how tough it is if he chooses to cut it - I just assumed it was soft

Shani - that image of your ds with the toilet brush has been a good start to the day here hehe

Colbie - yes, staying off my feet as much as is possible with a super energetic 19mth old. I feel awful for her though as all her activities have been cut for this week at least. She was feral last night:what: my Dr called last night & I will see her Monday for a usual check up & we'll go over the report. The guy doing the scan did say it was very small & was on the opposing side to bub so shouldn't have too much risk. Still better safe than sorry

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh mrs t you had an EEG have you got your results yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the kind words ladies. We found out today that our baby was a girl and we finally got to name her...Anahira which means angel!

Coming so late to this group I'm trying to catch up with where everyone is but I'm really excited to have you all to chat with until we start our ttc journey again x

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Melimum I've seen you around in my travels, look forward to getting to know u better.

Won't get my EEG results until Monday. Twiddling my thumbs until then. My doctor says I should not have any ttc troubles, and keep on keeping on.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

melimum  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Melimum - that is a beautiful name

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

melimum  (23-10-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So sorry I have been AWOL! Not sure what I have missed michelle? Did you have a bleed? I hope everything is ok?

Some discussion about DCC, yeah we will be doing it, I actually wanted to have bub passed straight to IM but now we have decided I will hold bub and 'give' him/her to them, I think it will be really special (for those that have joined I am doing surrogacy, IM means intended mother, IF is intended father).

Keen to hear how your EEG went too Mrs T xo

How is everyone else going??

I had a bit of minor paperwork drama the past for days (see my diary for details!) also had pre pregnancy bloods done (3 vials!!) and a urine sample and hoohar swab (that I got to do myself thank god lol). IM has done her assessment (I have to redo mine as the wrong doctor did it) otherwise we are counting down to our appointments on the 28th of November.

IM says looking at how things are flowing we may be doing transfer in March

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by melimum View Post
    Thanks for the kind words ladies. We found out today that our baby was a girl and we finally got to name her...Anahira which means angel!

Coming so late to this group I'm trying to catch up with where everyone is but I'm really excited to have you all to chat with until we start our ttc journey again x

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Welcome Melimum, I am sorry to hear about your loss xo and I completely agree that it is a beautiful name

14. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

melimum  (26-10-2013)