Closed Thread
Page 29 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd love a water birth. John Flynn does them and I'd love to go there. I need a bath. I'd die if I couldn't at least labor in water. I just would want to sit like a lump in a bath

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, thinking of joining this thread if there's space!

My DF and I are getting married next March and we want to TTC after the wedding. Are you girls stopping contraception months before TTC or TTC straight after stopping?

I am thinking of stopping soon however I really don't want my AF for the wedding or honeymoon, but that does sound really selfish doesn't it... But when I'm off BC my periods are very heavy and cycles all over the place so unfortunately there would be no way for me to 'time it' per se.
    I guess I am just after any advice from you all please.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brunettechick View Post

My DF and I are getting married next March and we want to TTC after the wedding. Are you girls stopping contraception months before TTC or TTC straight after stopping?

I am thinking of stopping soon however I really don't want my AF for the wedding or honeymoon, but that does sound really selfish doesn't it... But when I'm off BC my periods are very heavy and cycles all over the place so unfortunately there would be no way for me to 'time it' per se.

Hi Brunette, welcome! There's always room for one (or ten) more :-)

It is always recommended that you have at least a few cycles of off bc before ttc, but I definitely relate with you wanting to keep wedding/honeymoon AF free.
    It really just depends on what you want. The positives of staying on bc are obvious so won't go into that.
    The negatives are: 1) your body may not regulate quickly and so may take some time before you even have a real fertile cycle, 2) your lining may not be rich enough in the first few months and may cause chemical pregnancies (AF causes fertilised egg to evacuate before proper implant), 3) you have no idea what your cycles are and therefore don't know what to expect.

It's really just preference... There's no WRONG way. Just understand that your first 1-5 months after bc may a bit hit n miss so don't expect your bfp first cycle.
    In saying that, people do fall first cycle, you never know :-)

Hope that helped!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Brunette! I agree with MrsT.

I went on the BCP 2 weeks before I did a big Europe trip. After the trip I went off the BCP and I'm hoping 3 months is enough to regulate etc before I TTC in Jan.

Is it possible to wait another 3 months or so after your wedding before you TTC?

I know of a lot of girls who aren't on BCP when they marry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome BC

I can't help because my partner and I are doing IVF but I still wanted to say hi and welcome to the group!!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brunettechick View Post

Welcome I'm pretty new to this thread too. I'm not on any birth control. We just use the withdrawal method during my fertile time. So once January comes around we'll be go go go haha.

This is just me personally, but ttc would be more of a priority to me than having AF on the wedding or honeymoon. So I would come off. But it's really up to you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was actually off bc but had no idea about cycles/fertility etc and we were just using condoms anyway. I was just lucky that my cycle worked around our time away :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi brunette plenty of room here to share the love!

I can understand not wanting to have af for your wedding/honeymoon. Lucky my cycles worked around our wedding otherwise dh & I probably would have got bored would have had to, you know, talk & stuff?!

Fingers crossed I get a decent sleep tonight. No idi0ts doing burnouts, snoring husband, coughing my lungs up....Gah

Friday for you all tomorrow

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome brunette . Maybe just make the first few months of TTC more fun than following cycles etc. I have an IUD so ill get mine taken out 3-4 months prior so I can "thicken" up again as I've heard if you fall pregnant too quick you can miscarry as the lining of your lady bits can be too thin to hold a pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    But I'd check with your doctor about the birth control you're on maybe the pill doesn't work the same as an IUD I don't know I've never taken the pill lol