+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gosh my kids played in the backyard outside unsupervised (constantly checking) since they were just over 1 now they are 3 and 4 and go out regularly to play on the street with the other kids aged from 13 down regularly... I'm pretty free range though and my kids know the rules and the kids in my street are all pretty great kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    From about 2.5 for ds1, as before then we either had to be very careful of snakes or the yard wasn't suitable.

From about 2.5 for ds2.

Our previous house had a fully fenced yard and was flat. The boys loved it. Now in this house they have to go downstairs to get to the yard but since they're 7 and 4 that's no problem. Plus I can sit on the veranda upstairs and watch over them.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was about 3 and DS about 18 months. I can hear them and see them from the lounge room window. When the weather warms up, they won't be allowed out with me as we get snakes around our house in summer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS has been outside playing alone from his 2nd birthday. I can see him from the lounge / dining / kitchen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I dunno, 2? My kids are literally ALWAYS outside and the neighbours kids are always here, they jump on the tramp, do flips off the shed roof, catch lizards etc. my kids are 2-13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With an older child of say 5 or more I let my 3 year old out unsupervised. I think she'll be about 4.5 or 5 before I let her out unsupervised in the backyard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My 5yr old and 3yr old play outside in our backyard on their own all the time. They have been since DS2 was about 18 months old. DS1 has been since he was about 2. Ican see them through the windows and they cant get into anything and the yard is completely fenced etc. They have a cubby house and heaps of outdoor toys. Im happy for them to play out there without constant supervision.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is 18 months and plays out the back by himself. All be it maybe 2-5 minutes as he is clingy but I consider our backyard safe. Probably started a few months ago once I knew he was walking steadily.

Although I don't really do it often now as last time I did he took has nappy off and did a poo on the concrete...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS has been playing in the backyard regularly since 15mths but I've always sat outside supervising. Untill his 3rd b'day a few months ago. He's become a lot more independent & I can generally let him play outside while I stay inside checking on him every so often.
    Our backyard is all fenced in, he has a cubby house & sandpit to play in & we have a decent size decking/alfresco area too... I'd class it pretty 'safe'.