+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS is 2.5 and once our yard is suitable I will let him play out on his own, checking every so often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    With me checking every few minutes from 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In our backyard... Dd1 is 3yo and dd2 is just over 1. I check on them every 2-3 min.

I can generally see them from my kitchen bench tho.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    What dangerous stuff should I look out for or be careful of? I'm not used to being in a house.

We don't have a pool but some (I think 2) of our neighbours do. They do have fences around and we have a fence round out house but there are a few parts which need replacing.

Besides that we have a garden shed which is locked and potted plants / planter boxes.

We also have a gazebo an a big chicken coop.
    If your Lo is a climber maybe make sure there's nothing he can climb up too high on. Maybe go for a walk around the yard on your knees to see the world from his view lol. It sounds like your yard is pretty good though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Our backyard is perfect for kids , flat, fully fenced and pool fenced and I can see it from family room, he's been out playing by himself with me doing the routine checks since he was about 2, now at nearly 3 he's out there all the time now we have the cubby and puppy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My 5 and 3 year play outside unsupervised. It is a fully enclosed yard and conveniently the back living area as huge glass doors that look pit upon the yard (so I can easily look out and see they are okay). Having a big yard is heaven sent for me and I often sent them outside if they are driving me nuts

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    2.5 would be fine with regular checking.

My kids are too scared to play out there on their own. Annoying >_<

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My youngest was probably just under 2, but being youngest of three probably a bit different. Oldest would have been 2.5 probably, but secure back yard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4 kids. The older 3 were all
    Playing outside from about 18mths...

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by missymoo9 View Post
    Bad parent here.

I let my children play unsupervised in the backyard from 1.5yrs... I would be in and out constantly checking her etc.

Our back yard had a 7ft fence and locks on both the gates....

We didn't have big trees or stairs or anything. ... just a patio and massive grassy yard. She had lots of toys she could safely play on/with .....

She is a real outdoorsy type.. couldn't keep her in the house we spent a lot of time outside

I think it was good for her and im glad we had the secure yard to allow that...
    Exactly the same here, and I don't think you nor myself are bad parents! I don't follow them around the house supervising play I don't outside either. It's just as safe for them in my backyard as it is inside my house