Closed Thread
Page 92 of 95 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Everyone! So happy, my dh got to feel our baby kicking last night. Feeling okay at the moment but I am confident that if I do get sick again, we are doing the right thing. Anything over 2 days of not keeping anything down I should go to the hospital as my potassium and glucose levels drop to the warning level by then, I can handle that if it means our baby stays fine. Just ordered our cot, mattress & change table, spent a fortune but dh insisted on new, found a package deal so cheaper than normal but could only get online so freight was costly, the joys of living in the far north. Hope you are all enjoying the weekend.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (30-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps so happy that you've been able to share that with your hubby especially after all you three have been through lately! Big celebratory hugs!

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (30-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear you've got a plan of action Amps. Sucks that you had to go back to hospital, but how exciting your DH got to feel a kick!

I've had a busy day running around the house - I think the "nesting" thing must be starting to kick in. Kinda glad the teens slept until DH woke them up just after midday so they stayed out of my way, but a little bit annoyed they're putting in minimal effort to help him outside now

DH & I are going to see Birds of Tokyo & Muse tonight - going to be interesting to see how bubs reacts to being at a loud concert!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, sorry I've been MIA. The last two weeks have been quite stressful and I was a bit overwhelmed with my situation at work. After yelling at me, my manager called in HR. They tried to keep me in my role because moving me wasn't ideal with roster complications and they were worried other staff would be upset. After a week of non stop meetings and emails back and forth to my Ob, I have finally been moved into a much less demanding role. Even after being told by HR that I needed to be moved immediately they still tried to delay it but HR wouldn't have a bar of it. I'm astounded at the lack of support.

I'll have to read back a few pages to catch up but it looks like everyone is doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais- what a lovely boss you have! Hope you and DH enjoyed Birds of Tokyo, I went earlier this year and they were so good! I wonder if your little one liked them too

Jay- great news about stopping Crinone and your injections and fantastic news that Junior is doing so well!

Amps- it certainly sounds like you know what you are doing and are being well looked after but hope there won't be too many hospital visits for you. What great news about feeling your little one move so much and DH getting a kick too!

Ngaiz- sorry to hear things are still tough at work! It's good to hear you've had progress but it shouldn't have been as hard as it has been for you to make it all happen. I really hope things improve, I bet you are counting down until mat leave so you can be out of there!

Spidery- sorry to hear about your migraines, I had the worst head ache I've ever had in my life yesterday, I was in so much pain that I could have cried (I probably would have if the headaches weren't happening for a happy reason). Count down is on until the end of the first trimester for us, happy 11wks to us for tomorrow!!

AFM: after having such bad headaches yesterday, I have had a dull ache in the head all day but realised I felt better when I was up and about rather than laying around- so I decided to be productive and cleared out the wardrobe in what will be the nursery so it will be all ready to fill when the time comes. We bought a 3 pack of singlets when we first got our bfp and they came on little coat hangers so couldn't help but to hang them in the cupboard, the little things we get excited about!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So crazy at the concert last night - bubs seemed to recognize certain songs and was giving me the biggest kicks!!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    October- fantastic to hear all was well at your 19wk scan! Congrats and hope things are more relaxed from here on in.

Annerley- Not a silly question! We did 2 cycles with chromosome testing (PGD). PGD Cycle #1 gave us one boy and one girl. We have used both, one failed to implant and the other is our little bean so it is still a 50/50 chance of either sex. PGD cycle #2 gave us 2 boys, hence no surprise for the next bub- it will be team blue all the way! I booked my 19wk scan at the end of my NT scan appointment, its amazing how quickly it comes around. Well done for clearing out the wardrobe with a bad headache, I'd be in bed with a cold flannel and panadols. Love the mental image of the little singlets hanging up, so cute!

Lots- halfway sure is an amazing milestone! I've had cramps at times too. Magnesium is supposed to help.

JJ- love the stripey bump!

Jay- great going on the cot, what a bargain! Love your nursery theme idea, will definitely suit a growing boy. I'm also jealous that you get to stop clexane, lucky you! Enjoy the jab freedom

Ainsley- I got my tops and dresses from Brands Exclusive, and the pants from eBay. I do have my eye on some Asos gear too .

Arlais- oh wow that comparison of boy & girl bits at 9wks is so interesting, they look near identical! The belly band is definitely my best friend at the moment, I have 5 of them . Your bump pic is lovely, I can't believe you waited til 21wks to take the first. I started at 6wks and have a library of them now lol. How cute that bub was kicking at the concert... hopefully she was grooving away and not protesting! I'm going to Bon Jovi in a couple of weeks, will be interesting to see if I feel anything.

Stc- congrats on your great NT scan results!

Hampton- what a relief that all looks normal with bub's kidneys. Congrats on the great results and passing halfway!

Amps- sorry to hear you were back in hospital. You sound so upbeat despite all that. Yay for buying the cot package and so great that you can feel movement from the outside now. I've read about boobs being bigger than a newborn's head and nipples the size of dinner plates, but never thought it was actually possible until now... mine are heading that way and I agree it is so weird!

Spidery- oh I really sympathise on the migraine front, they are horrid. Hopefully you don't get them too often. Your OB ripped you off not giving you a peek at bubs! Only one more week for your NT scan, woo-hoo!

LMM- yay for a great OB appointment and seeing your bubba!

Ngaiz- so glad your OB and HR dept supported you even though your immediate boss didn't. I hope you're enjoying the new role and things aren't too stressful for you.

Hi to rtkirk, bedlover, nirok, catlover and everyone else

AFM- Can't believe its December ladies! Finally a christmas we can look forward to without the misery of long term TTC and infertility hanging over us. There hasn't been a baby in my family for over 23 yrs so it is very exciting that this will be our last childless Christmas. We are madly scrambling to get everything back in place at home now that painting is done. My in-laws are coming down from QLD on Dec 15/16 so we don't have much time to get things in order, eek!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (03-12-2013),Arlais  (02-12-2013),lotsathoughts  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for explaining that to me, Simpson. I'm really looking forward to seeing if its one is pink or blue for you, you don't have too long to go now before you'll know!
    Thankfully I think time will go quickly between the NT scan and the 20wk scan for me too- I have a visit with my obs the week after my NT scan and Christmas and new year will be a nice distraction as well, I'm also going to NZ for a holiday just after New Years and when I get back I'll have less than 2wks to wait! Can't wait to know what we are having!
    I love that this will be the last childless Christmas for all us first time mums too

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (02-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    image.jpg

I haven't uploaded a pic on a message here before so it may not work but just wanted to share my first bump pic- 11wks today (it's almost non-existent compared to the other lovely bumps on here)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (02-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley that is the start if a gorgeous bump. In a few more weeks it will just explode!

I was in centrelink the other day at 17 weeks asking about parenting payment and said to the lady "I have one child and another in the way" and she said "I can see you have one on the way!" So I guess it is really obvious now!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (03-12-2013)