Closed Thread
Page 89 of 95 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    LittleMiss - forgot to say if you want some pics the I'd do a screen shot! I played on computer & took video footage of it on my iPhone then paused and took screenshot for a lot of my pics even though they did give me some!

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

LittleMissMagic  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ainsley - I think it's perfectly natural to need time out to process during pregnancy especially with twins. Best of luck with your bold and NT Scan result for both your munchkins!

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ainsley - there are places that do early gender scans from about 15weeks.
    Anything from 15/16 weeks is supposed to be fairly accurate.
    I was 15+2 and just having a checkup with the ob but she does 3d scans at every appt. So I think for her to volunteer the information without me asking then she must have been fairly sure of it.

Boys are easier to spot earlier then girls too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jay. Glad to know its normal to overthink!

Nirok that's really helpful, thank you. If I was having one baby I wouldn't find out, but two....so much neutral clothing to buy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJTiger - are you very thin? We are due about the same time (I am 17+3) and I haven't felt movement yet - and this isn't my first! I am a size 10-12 but was carrying a bit of tummy fat coming into this preg! Am starting to get worried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on the great scan results Octoberbaby, Ky35, Annerley and Catlover. Dont you just breathe a sign of relief when you see bubs and the Dr says those magic words "everything looks normal". Best sentance ever.

Bedlover I wouldnt be worried about feeling the bubs yet- I couldnt feel anything till nearly 19 weeks. Its very different for everyone. They say not feeling it up to 20 weeks is very normal.

LittleMissMagic fantastic news on being halfway! I am 20 weeks tomorrow and cant wait. I know its silly but I will quite enjoy saying Im 5 months along when people ask- especially cause my bump is so out there!

AFM I am having alot of trouble with stress at work and getting zero support. Spoke to DH about it and he wants me to talk to my manager and see what we can do. My manager has the empathy of a turnip though so I am not holding out much hope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    bedlover I know it's not your first, but I wouldn't be too worried yet about not feeling movement. I'm a size 14 and always had a bit of a belly - I think it was about 18 weeks before I could say for sure I was feeling bubs. I thought I felt a few flutterings quite early, but my uterus is tipped forward (anteverted).

In another couple of weeks I'm sure you'll be suffering daily womb abuse

Ainsley - this is from the company website for the Verifi test. It goes by different names but that's the one I had;

The verifi® Prenatal Test for Twins
    Screening for fetal aneuploidy in twin gestations poses unique challenges such as lower levels of DNA available for analysis from each fetus. By expanding the sensitivity and overall capability to detect aneuploidies, we are now able to offer the verifi® prenatal test for twins!

The verifi® test for twins screens for:
    · Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome)
    · Trisomy 18 (Edwards syndrome)
    · Trisomy 13 (Patau syndrome)
    · Presence of Y (optional)
    The verifi® option can be used with both monozygotic and dizygotic cases.

I've also read that NT results can be unreliable with twins - because you naturally have above normal levels of HCG with 2 babies on board it can give you a higher risk factor than would otherwise be expected.

I'm sure that the unique challenges of prenatal testing for twins will all be explained to you when you go in - good luck!

A girls bits can protrude out as much as a boy up until around 15 weeks. All external genitalia changes are completed by week 20, so the longer you can hold out the better, but you should be able to have a fairly accurate guess about 15-16 weeks.

Oh and ALL HAIL THE BELLY BAND!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover, I am 19+5 and also second pregnancy. I have only just felt some flutters in the last week or so and even then, not completely confident. But having seen bub yesterday, I know he/she is moving a lot. I'm sure you'll feel movement soon but I did find that time between 12 and 19 week scan worrying and stressful too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow Arlais, I knew the boy and girl bits looked the same in the early stages but damn they're identical!! hehe No wonder they say to wait till the 20 week scan to get more definite answers. That's amazing. I'm getting the DNA blood test next week and we opted to find out the gender. It's amazing what science can do now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    12w6d 28.11.13.jpgHi ladies, back from my NT scan this morning and all is going well. I am now considered low risk with a 1:3000 chance, so pretty happy with that. If it weren't for the scan today, I still wouldn't know I was PG. 12w6d today, woohoo for the 2nd trimester!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to stc76 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (28-11-2013)