Closed Thread
Page 86 of 95 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like you're pretty close to feeling movement Hayley! I have another week and a bit to go until I next have a scan with my OB, but now that I'm feeling bub move every day the anxiety I was getting previously leading up to each scan has pretty much gone entirely. Now I'm just looking forward to getting to see her on the screen again and see how she's grown

I had the Are you pregnant? question for the first time today! It was our new receptionist and she said that I looked quite "neat" - definitely a nice boost to the self esteem when I've just been feeling like a giant blob

I don't know how some of you ladies are holding out waiting until birth to find out the gender - that's some pretty awesome willpower!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear Arlais! I have felt slight movements from time to time but not very strong.

Glad to hear you are looking 'neat'!

I always thought I would want to know the sex as I like to be organised. Like other ladies here I feel there hasn't been many surprises with IVF so am looking forward to this one. It's actually also a strategy for saving money because I know if I knew the sex I would get carried away buying outfits. There isn't that much gender neutral stuff around anymore. Not that's tempting me anyway. So I'll save my spending spree until after the birth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    **The WishnHope Roll Call - Est Due Dates**

April

KeriKiwi 3rd - GIRL
    Arlais 7th - GIRL
    Veritas 7th (Anatomy scan 18th Nov)
    OctoberBaby2010 10th (c-section)
    Amps 11th
    LittleMissMagic 16th (Anatomy scan 25th Nov)
    Lotsofthoughts 17th (Anatomy scan 21st Nov)
    Rtkirk 18th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    HamptonK 20th - BOY
    Manchesterlass 24th
    Orchids 26th
    Hwaterhouse 28th (Anatomy Scan 2nd Dec)
    May
    JJTiger 2nd woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Bedlover 5th (Anatomy scan 9th Dec)
    Ngaiz 6th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Jeanie1 7th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    SimpsonDesert 11th (Anatomy scan 17th Dec)
    Nirok 12th (Anatomy scan 23rd Dec) BOY?
    Totwo 13th
    Kittybee 14th
    ABH 16th - BOY
    Jay11 24th - BOY (20 week scan 6th Jan)
    June
    CatLover74 1st (12 week scan 22nd November)
    Milly888 1st
    jessie87 3rd
    stc 6th – hugs for 1 twin (12 week scan 28th Nov)
    KJ35 10th
    lannie 19th (Date scan 31st Oct)
    Hope4Baby 20th (10.5 scan 25th Nov)
    Berrabrooder 20th
    Ainsleyp 23rd – TWINS! (12 week scan 11th Dec)
    Annerley 23rd (12 week scan 13th Dec)
    Spidery 23rd (Scan 14th Nov)
    Riss 30th (9 week scan 25th Nov)
    Hugs needed
    Cappy
    Hopingformore
    Wishnhope
    Butterfly39
    hposs
    Seahorse1

Please let me know if any corrections are needed. Good Luck to everyone having scans this week!!
    Last edited by Arlais; 25-11-2013 at 18:09.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick update from me.
    16 weeks today - still a secret at work!!
    Just started gaining a little bit of weight in the last 2 weeks and only have a noticeable bloat happening in the afternoon.
    If I didn't know I was pregnant because of ivf then I reckon I would be one of those women who dont realise they are pregnant till into the second tri.

My anatomy scan is 23rd december but my ob offered up the gender to me at last week's checkup and it appears we are team blue. I am waiting until the morph scan before I go crazy on the blue clothes though just to be sure

Think I have started to feel flutters today. I have an anterior placenta so didn't expect it but I was curled up on a couch and felt this strange little sensation at the top of my pelvis that occurred a couple of times while I was sitting there.

Sorry for no personals - I do read along and know where you all are at but it's hard on my phone

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad alls good ABH

Simpson - that's pretty much me normally guess I might need DH to start dressing me soon or I can just tie a string both sides of my undies step into them while they are on the floor and use strings to pull up if you try it let me know how it works.

As for the (TMI alert) butt wiping I do the front from the front then reach under for the back rather but ensuring I wipe front to back still then going around (as my shoulders aren't good so they don't flex back to do it the correct way) it's a little tricky to get used to but is an option but not sure if it's any easier with a bigger belly or not as your ahead of me there! Oh I also use flush able toilet wipes they make it a lot easier!

What ever you do - good luck

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais, that's great that you are feeling movement now and that your DP can share in the joy of it!

Rtkirk, congrats on almost 5 months. That's awesome.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM all went well at the scan today. I have been feeling movements for quite a few weeks now but I felt that they weren't as pronounced as I felt with DS.. Well turns out placenta is anterior so that explains it! I have an obstetrician appt on Wednesday but everything looked good today. Measuring a few days ahead. I didn't get any electronic stills to share. I just assumed they would be on the disc but it's just a DVD recording of the whole thing which is nice to have but sorry - no pics to share. We did get to hear the heartbeat which always brings a tear to my eye.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleMissMagic For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (27-11-2013)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi all...

Sorry for being MIA... Been away for the weekend and sick with the flu so a bit all over the shop.

Our scan went wonderfully and all looks good. Having a surprise and another anterior placenta here though movements are getting stronger and more frequent.

Hope all are well, will catch up later :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovely to hear from you Veritas Glad your scan went well, I think it's interesting that it seems the majority of ladies I speak to have an anterior placenta - it seems to be more common than not?

Nothing to report today apart from DH making me very happy by asking how his princess is every day; kissing, rubbing and talking to my belly. I've never seen a man make so much of an effort to bond with his baby like this so it's making me very gooey! He's even trying out calling her by particular name on her list which is incredibly cute

On the other hand he's getting nervous about giving me my daily injections, he's so afraid he's going to accidentally hit bub, despite reassurances that there's plenty of fat and tissue for the needle to go through before it would get anywhere near the baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Arlais & Simpson for the advice about best time to tell my new boss. I spoke with one of the female managers today and it went really well. Huge relief! Will chat with other manager (male) tomorrow & fingers crossed that also goes well.

Simpson, you're right I seemed to have popped late last week so trying to keep it a secret for another couple of weeks would have been way too hard I think. Its awful that we have to hide it when inside we're celebrating this happening to us!

Nirok - good luck with keeping it a secret at work for now. It worked for me when i was 16 wks.

Annerley, hope your Ob appointment went well today!

Arlais, thats so sweet of your DH. I can't feel any movement yet but my DH often kisses my belly and talks to bub too

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My scan went really well baby was moving around and is now measuring 12w2d which is really good so very reassured just need to get through next week then hopefully not high risk any more fingers crossed, mines a anteria placenta too!