Closed Thread
Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annerley View Post
    Thanks for letting me know that, Arlais! At least if I get abnormal BT results I'll try not to worry straight away. So glad that everything worked out for your little girl too.
    Is the verifi test just another BT and was that how you were able to find out the sex so early?
    Yes Verifi is just a simple blood test. You need a referral and it gets sent off to the US, mine cost $900 but I consider it definitely money well spent. They extract the baby's DNA from your blood to test, so they can tell if it's a boy or girl

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I must have seen hundreds of movies and tv shows where a woman has grabbed her partners hand and press it to her stomach to feel the baby kick... I never knew what a natural thing that was to do until last night

Starting to feel the baby move inside you is pretty incredible, but getting to share that feeling with your partner is something else entirely magical. I can't wait for all of you ladies who are first timers like me to experience that

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

bedlover  (25-11-2013),lotsathoughts  (25-11-2013),Orchids  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy anniversary Jay sounds like you had a great weekend.

Fantastic news JJ about your scan. Your DHs comment made me laugh.

Wow Arlais what an incredible experience to share with your DP. I have just started to feel bubs this past few days and it's so weird. It woke me up on Sat night. My DH is absolutely dying to feel bubs kick. He is always rubbing and kissing my belly. Me not as much cause that's when they start to kick uncomfortable places. All my girlfriends have complained about that!

Good luck on your scans today LittleMissMagic and ABH. I'm sure you will get great results. I understand how nerve racking it can be beforehand though.

AFM I can't believe I am almost 5 months along!I'm trying to get my DH to start organising our house but he is not interested yet. Might just start without him!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

LittleMissMagic  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Arlias that sounds very magical can't wait!

Rtkirk - tks I truly am feeling lucky these days as everything seems to be perfect. I feel like we've won the lotto with Junior and with such a loving supportive husband my life is a bed of thornless roses! It's amazing how when you are so happy and content even shopping can be a good experience!

DH and I are trying not to get ahead of ourselves though on the whole nursery set up until Mar / 3rd tri as we still hold some nerves I suppose and would hate to have nursery all set up and not have Junior to place in it! I don't even know what that would do to us or future attempts to have kids so we both have agreed to wait till we both feel our take home baby is for realio so I fully understand your DHs hesitation ATM.

That being said just had interesting text from DH about maybe finding us a cot and he'll send a pic later if he can get one so not sure if he's serious or not grins!

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼
    Last edited by Jay11; 25-11-2013 at 07:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been reading through all the posts and some of them have made me laugh out loud definitely the hair issues!!! Arlais wow what a amazing moment, I hope me and DH reach that point. I've been secretly looking at baby things but still cant bring myself to buy anything I don't know when I will be ready. I am 12 weeks today and have my sneaky scan tomorrow after work then my NT on Monday so fingers crossed all is good I had the blood test which cost $900 also a couple of weeks ok so will get the results of that with my OB on 4/12...so today was ment to be mine and DH's Hi Five day because we've reached the 1st mile stone of 12wks by my OB said I need to get to 14wks so another two weeks of complete rest/no driving or any Hi Fiving!!!! good luck ABH with your Scan today and seeing your little boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    anyone got any suffering from fatigue? I have this really bad at the moment its ok on the weekends or if im working from home I can have nap but finding it hard doing a full days work....Any herbal remedies we can take for this? I cant exercise at the moment either and I am on vallum which wont help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had OB appointment this morning and all good with the little boy. Didn't get a scan but got to hear the heartbeat. Only a few more weeks and 19 week scan, so I think I can cope till them

I am hanging out to feel the baby more, must be a great moment to share with your DH Arlais.

KJ the fatigue will pass, mine has. But I still try to get a minimum of 8 hours per night, so I'm not exhausted at the end of the day. Great news on reaching the 12 week mark!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, so happy to hear lots of good news on here about how you are all going. It's so great that some of you are feeling bubs kick. Can't wait for that day.
    Today, I am 9 weeks, seems so far away from all of you. Went to the OB today and saw jellybean moving around a bit and everything is on track. My OB suggested I'd do the NIPT test which is the expensive blood test some of you were talking about and we agreed to it next week with a sneaky scan added.
    We also spoke about putting in a stitch at 13 weeks. I'm a bit nervous about that but if it helps keep bub in for the long haul then I'll do it. Does anyone have any experience with a stitch or know someone who had one? I'm going to google the heck out of it before making a decision.
    Thanks girls, hope you're have a lovely day.

Annerley good luck tomorrow with your OB appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Ngaiz- really sorry to hear about your dramas with work, yelling is so unprofessional and your supervisor should feel ashamed of themselves. Not to mention that they are obliged to ensure your safety and well being... I hope you did go to HR and that they will step in.

Amps- the last you need is work hassles on top of your stressful pregnancy. Good on you for putting yourself first and not going back until you have medical clearance. I truly hope you're back to normal soon, you've had more than enough to deal with xo.

Lots- I'm going for a surprise too, we seem to be in the minority!

Bedlover- I'm glad you're taking things further with your ex-employer and hope your DH lands a new job quickly. I'd be reluctant to move in with parents too, hopefully it won't come to that. I'll keep my fingers crossed you've got the winning numbers on that lotto ticket!

Orchids- I'd be upfront with your new boss. I'm surprised you're still able to hide it at all, let alone a few more weeks! I work in the public service too and there are clear rules about discrimination, so I think you'll be safe. My bosses knew as soon as I got my BFP and have been extremely supportive. I'm very lucky.

Spidery- belated birthday wishes to you! Hope you had a great night and enjoyed the show.

Annerley- yay for 10wks! Hope all goes well at the OBs tomorrow and you click with him/her. My 12 wk BT results were given the same day as the scan, after the sonographer was done with us, we went into a meeting room and the genetic counsellor gave us all the risk factors. I saw my Ob a week later and he went over them again.

Jay- wow your hubby really is something else, what an absolute sweetheart to surprise you like that! Congrats on your anniversary and on the last lot of screening test results, sounds like things couldn't be any better for you right now . Savour it all, you really deserve the sheer happiness!

JJ- glad to hear all was well at the OB appt and hooray for sound this time! Amazing huh? Lol at your DH, what a funny thing to say.

Arlais- awww the way you described putting your hubby's hand on your belly to feel the bub made me all mushy. Definitely looking forward to that moment!

rtkirk- there's still plenty of time to get organised for bub, unless you want one of those high-end packages that take 20 weeks to deliver- in which case you should get cracking! We aren't setting up the nursery til Feb/Mar, but all we need is a cot and we're getting that at Ikea.

KJ- Congrats on 12 weeks! A bummer you have to hold out before the hi-fiving begins, but you'll get there. I went through a period where I was very tired in the early afternoons and needed to take a nap- lucky for me I was on 3 weeks holidays at the time. It will pass, I can easily stay up late again now.

ABH- great to hear all was well at your check up! I'm counting down to the 19wk scan too.

Riss- I felt that I was so far behind the others too when I first joined the thread. The benefit is that you know what sort of things to expect as you get further along! So happy that you got another look at your jellybean and all is looking good. Can't help with the stitch I'm sorry, all I know is they put them in when cervical incompetence is an issue.

LMM- looking forward to your update after your scan today

Big hello to all the other ladies

AFM- Counting down to my 19 wk scan which is still 3 weeks away . Hurry up Dec 17th!

I have noticed some everyday tasks becoming increasingly difficult:
    - putting things on or over my feet with my hands (undies, socks, shoes)
    - picking up anything below knee level when I'm standing
    - getting shopping out of the trolley
    - *sorry for tmi* reaching around to wipe my butt, the back fat is getting in the way!!

Haven't come across any of those in the pregnancy books!!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

LittleMissMagic  (25-11-2013),Orchids  (25-11-2013),Spidery  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpson you are hilarious! Can't help with the stitch thing either Riss. Glad to hear about all the 19/20 weeks scans coming through positively (and the 12 week ones too)! My 19 week scan is next Monday 2 December. Not finding out the sex but still looking forward to checking all fingers and toes are there. Like everyone else I'm looking forward to the stage where I can actually feel that the baby is inside. At the moment it hasn't really hit me that I am having a baby. I just feel big and unfit!