Closed Thread
Page 83 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bedlover - that sux! I hope your dh can find something better soon and you both can relax and not stress. It's sad that there are still so many wokplaces out there that feel they can do that to women just because they get pregnant.

Ngiaz - your workplace sounds a bit like mine, sorry to hear they haven't been respectful of your circumstances. It's so sad that after all we go through to get our little miracles, there seems to be other things that can bring us down so we don't get to truly enjoy the experience. My workplace bent over backwards for another woman at work who has now had her baby and they aren't giving me the same consideration. When I phoned last week to say I was still quite ill and didn't expect things to get better for another week or 2, my boss could barely listen to me, didn't want to talk, just left me with the impression he would only like to see me get back for the weekend supervisor role as the man taking over from me isn't quite coping as they hoped. I won't be rushing back and I will get clear medical restrictions in place worked out between my ob, gp and the hr dude. It sux you've been outed now, so unfair.

I still feel crap and am really finding it hard to enjoy or be happy with any of this experience. Congrats on the scans etc, I do read everyone's posts but I guess I'm a little too self-absorbed with my misery to do many personals. Hope you are all taking care and have a good weekend. Oh, my ob was happy with my re-scan, cervix is 29mm, so a little under norm but good, no funnelling now, baby measures 1 week behind what I'm s'posed to be so 19weeks, not 20. Bit confused over this but ob etc are all happy with the consistent growth and development, every scan has shown baby behind, maybe my due date will be the 18th, not the 11th, everyone keeps telling me I will go early anyway so not too bothered. I want baby out before my 41st Birthday, which is the 19th of April, who knows!
    Last edited by Amps; 22-11-2013 at 18:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know it sounds bad to compare because I didn't experience any fatigue, but it's the same here Amps. The last lady that was pregnant had no complications but was constantly pampered when she complained of tiredness. Everyone's rosters changed without any notice and she was put into the role I'm asking to be put in. They are being extremely unreasonable and rather unprofessional IMO.

Oohh that's exciting Lots!!!

Bedlover-this must be a stressful time for you so I hope you are taking care of yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope the weekend goes quickly for you LMM. I know how hard the wait is...was probably the most nervous for this scan. Totally agree, it's hard to believe that I'm actually pregnant! Just get to that heartbeat then exhale. x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

LittleMissMagic  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the support you guys. We are hanging in there!

Unfortunately DH works for a small business so only got 4 weeks notice paid out. We have some money in the bank but it seems such a waste to go backwards with savings after all the hard work to accumulate it. Oh well. He just needs to try and get another job quick smart!! Just tough with Xmas so close.

I have a lawyer and we are lodging a complaint with fair work this week. I hope I get a reasonable payout but i think it will be a long process. It is just all the waiting and the uncertainty that is hard.

DH and I have talked about moving out of our house and going and living with family, but a lot harder with a toddler and a baby on the way. I am just not sure I can handle a new baby when I don't have my own space as we would likely live with DHs parents. Just crappy staff that I didn't think we would have to think about.

I bought a lotto ticket yesterday for the first time in ages - cross your fingers for me!! I don't want heaps, but just enough to cover the next few months would be awesome!

So for the me / non baby related post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope things resolve themselves quickly for you bedlover. I've been made redundant before and it sucks! Luckily the 4 week payout I got lasted exactly until I got paid in my new job.

There's generally a bit of casual work on offer around Xmas that can lead to further work, or simply be enough to tide you over for a while.

One year while I was at uni I worked with a very pregnant woman doing Santa photos in Myer. The contract companies that do them generally don't care if you have much photo experience or not, just that you're kid friendly and reliable.

We're all here for each other whether it's strictly baby related or not, the other bits of life make up our journeys to motherhood too

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover, my jaw dropped when I read your post. I can't believe your work could do that to you. Makes me SO mad!!!! Great you have a lawyer and will lodge a claim but so unfair that this has happened in the first place. Its just unbelievable! I still remember you telling us one of your staff straight out asked whether you were pregnant and that was went when cat was out of the bag. I'm truly shocked that they would then fire you. So so sorry. And for you DH to receive a redundancy right before Christmas is also shocking!

Amps & Ngaiz - So sorry to hear you guys are having trouble at your workplaces too. Its just so unfair!!!! Arrgggggggggg

It makes me extra nervous because of my own situation:
    I just found out that I've got a new job (same company, different section) and will be moving into a new job at 18 weeks pregnant. Its a big company and no one at work yet knows. I've been so confused about the right time to say it.
    Do i tell my new boss on the first day or two, hoping that they appreciate me being upfront?
    Do i wait a few more weeks?? It will certainly be harder to hide, thats the tricky part.
    Its a govt job so i don't think they'll fire me but I'm just worried about how to go about it the best way. Any advice welcome!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Orchids govt agencies have very strict rules about how they have to go about terminating someone's employment, so you really shouldn't have to worry about that.

If it was me I would let your new boss know upfront that you're pregnant - they will then be able to take into account any special requirements you may have, time for appointments, etc. I think they would appreciate you telling them straight up so it also gives them plenty of time to figure out how they will go about covering your maternity leave.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone sorry I have been quite just been busy and tired but reading along every day. Glad so many are having encouraging positives results with scans and hugs to all having tough times both personal and preganacy wise.

Off to see grease the musical tonight with my husband as it was my birthday on Tuesday. Hope you are all having a great weekend :-) xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Happy birthday fir the other day Spidery.

Just wondering, are any of the Brisbane ladies interested in a catch up?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hope you are all having a great weekend!

LMM & ABH- all the best for your next scan, not long to go now!

JJ- pinched nerves ouch! I feel your pain though as I had pinched nerves in my lower back for 2days early last week, unfortunately my job is a sit down job so I felt like I could hardly walk whenever I got up from sitting for awhile. So glad it's passed, hope yours has too!

Amps- fantastic news that you are home! It must feel so good to sleep in your own bed again! Hope the pains have gone away too.

Jay- how lovely that you've been able to share your news and have lots of excitement around you! It's also great news about your friends pregnancy as well, so nice that you'll both be able to share this time together.

Hampton- hope your scan goes well on Thursday and sending you positive thoughts about bub's kidneys!

Arlias- I'm with you, I've been waiting for the lovely hair us pregnant ladies are supposed to get but still hasn't happened, my sheds a lot too! My face has also been a bit of a mess, I thought our skin was supposed to be radiant, right?! My nails are the only thing that have gotten better.

Rtkirk and Lotsa- so good to hear that your scans went well, you both must be so relieved! I'm sure your placenta will get better too, Rtkirk, I know another girl who was given that same news and it all ended up fine!
    Those are such great scan pics too, Lots, very nice side profile your little one has too!

Bedlover- I'm so sorry to hear about your and your DHs jobs, that's terrible! Good on you for fighting it though! Love your bump pic too very cute!

Ngaiz- I'm sorry to hear what you've been going through at work, hopefully they start to become a little more understanding. Definitely not the best way for others to hear your news either.

Catlover- great news on your scan, love the pics! Wonderful news that the results look like they are going to be all clear as well!

Spidery- happy birthday for last week! Hope you have a fantastic time at Grease. Good luck for your obs appointment, not too much longer for you now!

AFM: I'll be 10wks on Monday, still can't believe that I'll be reaching double figures! I have my first obs appointment on Tuesday, can't wait to see that heartbeat again! It's now 20 days to go until my NT scan. I have to have my blood test done a week before so they have the results at the scan, does anyone know based on their experience, how long it should take me to get the results back if the bloods are already done?
    Last edited by Annerley; 23-11-2013 at 20:03.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

LittleMissMagic  (25-11-2013),Spidery  (24-11-2013)