Closed Thread
Page 82 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bedlover your work can't fire you because you are pregnant! What kind of contract are you on? Sorry to hear about the redundancy. Wishing your DH all the best in finding something (better)! How stressful for you both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the placenta info Bedlover. I'm not too worried about a c section- whatever is good for baby right? Honestly it's the no flying that sucks as I have to for work. They took it pretty well though. Maybe at my 25 week scan it will be fine and I can fly again.

Hope you get your placenta issue cleared up Ngaiz. And that your urologist doesn't have to recommend surgery.

Congrats Lots of your scan results. Got a healthy lookin baby there. You decided not to find out the gender?

I agree with you Littlemissmagic is there any nicer phrase then " everything looks normal with your baby"?? It's the best. I'm sure you will hear that on Monday at your scan.

Good news that your EDD changed Catlover that means you might get bubs earlier too!

Finally some more good news Amps! Glad your scan went well so reassuring isn't it? I'm so pleased your cervix is doing what it should now. Hmmm weird phrase I never thought I would write

Bedlover that's terrible news about your husband's job. Does he at least get a pay out to tide you both over for the December holidays?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rtkirk congrats on your scan going well, such a relief I can imagine.

Oh bedlover, that is a gorgeous bump! Congrats on your anniversary I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's redundancy... That sucks.. Hoping he got a decent payout and that he find something better ASAP.

Glad all went well with your scan to lots.. Enjoy it! Love the pics.. Sucking its thumb is adorable!

Amps, glad things are getting better for you and all is going well..

AFM - 17 weeks today!! On the way to see my OB now for my monthly check up. Can't wait to see the little one even if it's on a tiny screen I'll post a bump pic later

Happy Friday everyone!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz, I hope you don't develop any complications. I have had many stents In and out and it's usually just with a local anesthetic and your awake etc, kinda of like having a catheter put in really, fairly simple procedure but not sure what it would be like when pregnant. Fingers crossed it all causes you and bub no grief

My situation is complicated but I know it's well managed after my first pregnancy so it gives me some piece of mind, I have been with the same urologist 13yrs now (we didn't discover my issue until I was 12 almost 13)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nuchal Translucency scan done and dusted. The sonographer said at the end of the scan that it looked like a perfectly normal set of images. We saw what looked like a nasal bone, as well as both arms, hands, feet and legs; and apparently all the organs are in the right place. Need to go back to the GP next week for the blood test results and final risk factor, but at the moment it's looking good.

Full Foetus Shot.jpg
    Full Foetus Shot 2.jpg
    Heart Rate.jpg
    Nasal Bone Shot.jpg
    Nuchal Translucency Measurement.jpg

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (22-11-2013),Octoberbaby2010  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic news Catlover!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps- the burping and wind pain sounds awful, no need to apologise, I'd be complaining too if I were in your shoes. I second what Jay said, no more bad stuff for you! Thank goodness your cervix has reverted to normal.

Hampton- I hope your baby will be lucky like his big brother and have normal kidneys.

Jay- oh how awesome you and your friend both had preg announcements to make! Kmart are great for cheap tops, those stretchy cowl-neck ones look very nice . Great for showing off your bump!

Ngaiz- I've been wondering when linea nigra is supposed to be visible, I've been keeping a lookout but nothing yet for me. In the absence of a big bump, you must be happy to see a real pregnancy sign .

KJ- Fantastic that you've had no bleeding for 3 weeks, I hope your restrictions can be lifted soon. Bed rest and not driving would be so hard.

ABH- good luck with the clothes shopping. I went to Target to check out the maternity work pants the other day but they only had size 20's on the rack. Off to check out another store on the weekend.

Arlais- I laughed at the hot llama in summer . I normally lose HEAPS of hair in my comb but I reckon its about halved since being pregnant, so I'm thinking myself lucky. Thanks to steroids I have a bad case of facial hair too. Its very fine and blond so I look like an albino werewolf . I do wax my upper lip, but haven't done my sideburns.

LMM- ooh thanks for the tip on Jeanswest, must go have a look before the sale finishes. For swimming I've been wearing boardies and a rashie in a bigger size. Not very feminine, but I have clexane bruises on my thighs & belly that I need to cover up. If I could wear a normal maternity cossie, I'd get one from Asos online. Good luck for your scan on Monday!

JJ- Enjoy your OB appt today and getting a peek at bubs! Looking forward to your bump pic

Lots & rtkirk- congrats on great anatomy scan results! Love the pics Lots.

Bedlover- your bump is gorgeous! That really sucks about yours and DHs jobs . Do you have a case for unfair dismissal? Seems awfully coincidental that it happened straight after you announced your pregnancy. Redundancies can be a good thing, a payout is always nice and if your DH can walk straight into another job, its ends up being a real bonus. I hope the job hunting is short & sweet and 2014 is a much better year.

Catlover- Woo-hoo! So awesome that things are looking good after your NT scan, congrats!

Hi October, hwaterhouse, Nirok & everyone else

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Amps  (22-11-2013),bedlover  (22-11-2013),Catzilla  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am furious!!!! After my bleed the other day I asked to be put on lighter duties at work as I have quite a demanding role. I didn't feel like they were trying hard enough to move me so I told them I would be seeking advice from HR as I'm not willing to put myself or bub at risk.

I got yelled at about it, the conversation was overheard and now my colleagues know I'm pregnant. I know it was going to come out sooner or later but this isn't how I wanted it to happen. I'm so upset and stressed now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover that is so horrible about your DH and your job! I hope he can find something soon as I can imagine how stressful that would be.
    And what is with your work firing you 2 weeks after finding out???!

Ngaiz I can imagine that would be really upsetting for you! They're sounding a bit unreasonable and not very discreet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I didn't find out the sex of our little bubs. Waiting for the surprise!