Closed Thread
Page 75 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ABH View Post
    Welcome Riss and hears to an uneventful pregnancy.

Great to hear you are doing much better Amps. Hopefully you are now home from hospital.

Has anyone bought any maternity wear yet? Any tips. I'm 14 weeks and can't do up my pants anymore. Currently using a hair tie through the button hole. My GF is sending me here belly band, so hopefully that helps. Just don't want to spend to much on maternity wear, that you wear for such a short time.

Anyway happy Monday and I hope the times goes quick if you are waiting for a scan. I have OB appointment next Monday, can't wait to see my little boy again. It will be almost three weeks. x
    I'm getting by with just buying a few new tops that are a flowy style in a size bigger. A couple I bought are actually too big at the moment, but in another month or two they'll be great.

I tried on some maternity pants and found them so uncomfortable!! I have a belly belt which comes in a set of 4 elasticised bands, which you thread through a piece of fabric which you tuck in to cover the gap where you can no longer do up the fly. Best thing ever!!!

I was doing the hair tie loop thing, but this is so much better - and you can attach the belts together as you get bigger. I usually wear longer tops, but if I need more coverage I just put a belly band (the boob tube type thing) over the top of my pants.

As the weather is warming up I'm also wearing more dresses with leggings. Most of my non-maternity dresses are fairly loose around the tummy anyway so they are still comfy. If I need a bit of coverage on the arms I have a collection of baleros that don't need to do up anywhere near my belly.

I'm basically planning on buying as few maternity clothes as possible and just adapting my current wardrobe. Not particularly hard as I've never been one for really figure hugging clothing anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me popping in to your thread just to ask a quick question?? It's so nice to see lots of familiar names in here and that you're all doing so well (sending hugs to those few who need it )

On Friday at 4wks-0days I got my 1st BFP - HCG 387 we have had quite the emotional year and I thought when I heard those words "you're pregnant" I could take a breath.... oh boy was I wrong! I am finding it so hard to relax right now, quite restless at night and constantly thinking about what can go wrong. Sometimes I wish I knew nothing about this whole process and could just live in BFP lala land Every time I go to the toilet I get nervous, I get quite crampy at night and it freaks me out. Does this feeling of anxiety ever go away? Do any of you have any advice on what I can do to try and chill out a bit?? I have my 2nd BT on Friday and 3rd on the 29th then 1st scan on the 9th... I am not quite sure how I am going to survive the wait... this is far worst than the TWW (in my opinion!!)

Thank you for your help in advance ladies and again hope you don't mind me popping in

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi jb!! Congratulations on your BFP! I have no advice really, at 16weeks I'm still stressed and worried. I don't think it will change until bub is here. I think being part of Bub Hub opens your eyes to a whole new reality of heartache. Everyday I worry that I'm not pregnant anymore and the only thing that gets me through is the fact that I have no control of the situation and what will be will be.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not at all JB!! Big congrAts btw!!
    Trust me your not the only one even my DH was on edge I think its a very gradual process getting over the worry I still check (not sure if that will go away) and worry but the more good news you get and seeing your baby growing & doing well helps.

* Keep busy - is the best way I deal with it. If you work then that would help and if you don't try to get out of the house don't read up stuff on the internet etc.
    * Spoil yourself - when you can!
    * Celebrate each milestone - for being another step forward and try not together caught upon the wore case.
    Eg The fact that you have a great HCG level on your first test & your officially pregnant is fantastic news to be celebrated!
    * Look after yourself- Remember you can't do anything other then eating well and looking after yourself everything else is out of your hands.
    * Spend quality time with loved ones -your partner / friends/ anyway that makes your feel happy & relaxed.

Good luck &Good vibes your way!

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior -
    EDD 24May14 🍼
    Last edited by Jay11; 18-11-2013 at 12:51.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats JB! I know I found the first few weeks really stressful too, and like Ngaz, am still anxious at 18 weeks. Your hcg levels are good. My only advuce is take it one day at a time, one milestone at a time. Get through your second beta, and then viability/heartbeat scan, anywhere between about 6-7 weeks. Once you hear a heartbeat, your chances of miscarriage are greatly reduced, althou bgh we will all tell you we get nervous before every appt. Cramps, and pain can be normal early on, so don't panic. Even spotting doesn't mean bad news. We know how hard it is, just try and be cautiously optimistic. You've overcome the first hurdle and that's worth celebrating!

I bought a few new clothes last week. I got maternity bras at DJs. They are a bit pricey but they measure and fit you properly which I think is worth it. Particularly if you breastfeed they last through your pregnancy and then through breastfeeding so that helped me justify it too. Last pregnancy I bought quite a few things from an outlet and also Pumpkin Patch as I was working and wanted some proper clothes - plus I was quite big! This time, being summer, I have a lot of dresses which are doing the job, plus I'm smaller so far and not working so happy with much more caual stuff. I did get a skirt and some shorts from Target maternity and a few looser tops and a stretchy maxi skirt from Rockmans. Hopefully that will do me for a while although I probably will get some proper maternity swimmers since my DS loves the pool and the beach.

Wow, huge post from me today! Hope everyone is doing ok. Loving sharing in all the news, especially the exvitement from people sharing with family and friends.
    Last edited by Octoberbaby2010; 18-11-2013 at 13:46.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would love to say it gets easier jb but it doesnt!!
    Take each day as it comes. The future is important but there is very little you can do to change it - so embrace the present you are in.
    I know that sounds wishy washy but it had taken me months to realise that is all I can do! I had daily freakouts early on and essentially have had ZERO symptoms the whole time. I had a big scary bleed at 10 weeks and only just stopped bleeding last week.
    Just take a big deep breath and try to enjoy the moment!

Congrats again!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've got a lovely bunch of ladies here JB and sometimes it's good getting some perspective from people who have literally just been through what you are right now

Like some of the others have said - BREATHE! It's definitely worse than the tww, but take comfort in the fact you are indeed pregnant. In the early days, yes, it can go either way, but apart from treating yourself well and listening to what your body needs there's not much more you can do but wait.

I think it's only been the last couple of weeks or so I've really relaxed a bit and not been feeling anxious about how bubs is doing. The only way I've been able to get through so far is to make little milestones for myself and only concentrate on the next one to come. Thinking too far ahead can drive you batty!

If you get some symptoms, great, I hope they're not too bad! But if you don't get too many then that's also a bonus!

Feel free to pop in any time, otherwise I'll see you in the other thread & you're more than welcome to PM me if you're feeling like you're having a neurotic moment

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry we can't give you the reassurance you are looking for JB. We all know exactly what u are going through and I agree 100 percent that it's harder than the TWW. I second what all the ladies have already said and the best piece of advice I can give is don't google things that could go wrong. You are just setting yourself up for more stress. Also paranoia is a perfectly acceptable reason to get that extra blood test or go do another scan in my book. I defn have done both of those things!
    Big congrats though JB and welcome to the UTD club!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes jb, rtkirk is right DO NOT GOOGLE, DR GOOGLE IS NOT OUR FRIEND! hehe

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (18-11-2013),Jb2011  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, just a quick one to say I'M HOME! Pretty tired so will be going to bed soon. Convinced my ob to leave my picc line in at least for another week or 2 just in case. All the midwives looking after me thought that was the best option. Hope you are all keeping well

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (18-11-2013),Octoberbaby2010  (18-11-2013)