Closed Thread
Page 68 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Far out Amps, you poor thing - you just can't catch a break. How is your DH coping?
    Fingers crossed your cervix behaves and everything is fine.
    Sending you loads of love
    Bxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness Amps!! Sounds really tough. Hope things improve and its not long before u can go home. Take good care x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Orchids - my 3d scans are at my obs rooms.

Oh and I very much hate my job so leaving on mat leave as soon as I can. I'm going to assess the situation in january when I will be about 21 weeks and see how I feel. Thinking about 35 weeks though which is around easter to include some public holidays in my annual leave that I will take before my 18 weeks mat leave.

Spidery - i'm still saying 'I told told you so' to you right from your blood tests over 4 weeks ago

Amps - you are one tough cookie!! Hang in there!!! xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by nirok; 14-11-2013 at 17:25.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (14-11-2013),Spidery  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wondering how you're going Amps, thanks for checking in to let us know! Glad your bellybean is doing well, but you've got to get better too

Orchids, my work offers 6 weeks paid maternity leave, so I'll be finishing up 6 weeks before my due date. I'm likely to go early after coming off my meds at 36 weeks, so I won't get that full amount of time at home without bub. My job isn't particularly strenuous, but with how tired I am already I think I'll be struggling later on as it is!

Personally I think maternity leave is just as important for mum to spend time getting prepared for bubs, resting and spending time just to be you before that little person comes into the world.

My Ob has an ultrasound machine in her rooms, so she does a quick check each time I go in, and it does 3D. My anatomy scan at 19 weeks was $200 which included some 3D pictures of bubs face at the end. It's probably included in the cost, but it wasn't an "optional extra". I think the technology is becoming far more common now so it's much more commonplace.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear STC. Thinking of you. Prayers for the little fighter xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gosh Amps I can't believe how hard you've had it. Hopefully it will subside sooner rather than later.

My work offers 14wks or 28 at half pay, then I can use my annual leave and will have 10 weeks at half pay then govt 18wks PPL. I consider myself very lucky to be able to do this. I know I say this now but I want to go back full time once mat leave is over so I can start trying for number two. But...we will see.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow has this thread been moving!
    Congrats in your bOy confirmation ABH!!

Ngaiz sorry to hear you've had a scare but glad to hear bub is fine!

Amps - thanks for update sorry your not back on your feet and still in a bit of unknown territory but glad bub is still doing fine!

Happy 2yr anniversary Spidery our is on 22nd Nov. Such a great moment to celebrate whilst pregnant!

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior -
    EDD 24May14 🍼

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps you poor thing what a tough time for you - you know that it means you'll have a perfect baby right!? Almost half way...hang in there hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz- so pleased to hear everything went well, that would have been so scary for you!

Amps- you poor thing, really hope that you feel much better soon!

Spidery- very happy to hear your scan was all fine, I knew it would be too! It's such a great moment! My next appointment is the 26th, we can both start the next count down now but I think it will go quickly!

ABH- congrats on confirmation of having a boy, very exciting for you!

Veritas- nice to meet yet another local. Which obs did you choose?

Nirok- wow! That's amazing that you yourself are a Genea baby! My obs is Matt Holland, who is with Genea, he's not my FS but he did our ET. For all we know, we might have already come across each other in real life as Newcastle is such a small place and we are a similar age, I only just turned 29 a couple of weeks ago!

Hope- lovely to hear from you! I've been wondering what the levels would be at this point but those numbers sound amazing! How are you feeling? I've had heartburn on and off all day!

Jay- happy wedding anniversary for next week! You are right, it's a nice occasion to celebrate whilst pregnant, I'll be almost 8mths along for our 4yr one next year!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nirok - that sux that you hate your job. Must be really hard getting up going to work each day. But at least you now have bub and maternity leave to look forward to!

Arlais - yes, so true that time off before the birth is important to prepare ourselves, mentally and also for bubs arrival.

Nirok & Arlias - you are both lucky your Obs do 3D ultrasounds. Mine only has a rather grainy basic one. I've booked in with a special womens ultrasound clinic for the 19 week scan.

Ngaiz - like you, I'm another lucky one that gets 14 weeks mat leave at full pay or 28 weeks at half pay. I need to have a closer look into the fed govt paid parental leave.. Fed govt also offers "Dad and Partner Pay" which is up to 2 weeks of pay at min wage. Have you thought about how long before bub's due you'll start your mat leave?