Closed Thread
Page 64 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't remember how much my OB charges for the management fee, but I'll find out when I pay it at my next appointment in a few weeks time. I do get charged $100 each appt, but I'm getting nearly $70 back from Medicare as we've gone past the threshold.

It was $200 for my anatomy scan this week, included a cd of images (with some 3D). I got $139.30 back from Medicare.

These bubs are definitely expensive - but considering the thousands of $$$ we'd be spending on trying another IVF cycle it's so worth it! I know many people who have been perfectly happy to have their babies through the public system, but considering the blood clotting issue I didn't even know I had beforehand and the fact this is likely to be my only bub, I'm very happy to have the extra reassurance of my OB

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's right Arlais! Like it has already been said, at least it's now pregnancy related and not another dead end ivf cycle! I'm so grateful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, bitter sweet appointment yesterday, unfortunately we've lost one of our twins but have one surviving little battler. Dr said looks nice & strong, measuring exactly 10w4d yesterday. 12 week scan booked for 28/11.

It's so hard feeling devastated & elated at the same time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nirok- I didn't realise until now that you are from Newcastle as well! Sounds like our fees are the same, mine is $2200 or $2300 at wk 20 and the rest of my appointments are bulk billed. Which obs are you with? You are right, we have some good choices around here. Where did you do your Ivf and where are you planning to deliver? I went through Genea at Lingard Hospital and delivering at Newcastle Private.

Arlais- your scan shot with the hand is so awesome! That will be such a great one for your little one to see one day! Good job on your bargains as well, gotta be happy with that!

Bedlover- I agree, looks like you can't hide it anymore! Very brave of your colleague to ask though, would have loved to see the reaction if you said you weren't, hehe!

Lots- your bump is super cute! The night one is like a proper bump, what a perfect shape that you are forming!

Rkirk- I'm hearing you, I've been huge on the carb cravings too!

Ainsley- I'm so glad to hear that your scan went well also, I can't wait until the 12wk one too, have you booked yet? Mine is the 13th dec. Hope the MS isn't too harsh on you!

Simpson- I did the whole two breakfast thing the other day too. Already counting down until 12wks but I think you are right and that it will go quickly! I have my obs appointment in between so that will help too!

Ngaiz- My obs management fee is due in January and until I read your post, I hadn't even thought of how that would put me over the safety net for next year!

Jay- so happy to hear that everything is going well for you and thanks for your comment re: my scan! Hope you can get some decent sleep soon! Sounds like you have a lot going on to keep you busy too!

STC- oh I'm so sorry to hear you news, so bittersweet! I'm glad to hear that your remaining little one is doing well! Count down is on until 12wks, not long for you now! Take care of yourself, it would be such a conflicting time for you at the moment!

Spidery- how are you going? Sorry not sure if your scan was today or is tomorrow. Hope all is well and can't wait to hear all about it!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

stc76  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear stc.
    I can't imagine what you must be feeling, but take care of yourself. Big hugs to you and DH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to hear stc. Take care of yourself and your precious little passenger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs STC I can only imagine how hard that must have been but at least you have a healthy bub. To see its heart beating and to know the measurements are spot on must have been a great relief! Hugs for your loss and hugs for your survivor!

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior -
    EDD 24May14 🍼
    Last edited by Jay11; 15-11-2013 at 07:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear STC, sending lots of hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    STC I'm so sorry to hear about one of your twins. I can only imagine the mixed feelings at the moment. Bless the little battler and that's wonderful it's looking really well.. Sending lots of hugs your way..

My OB is approx $3500 all inclusive except if I have a c section it's more.. It's expensive but she was mid price out of all my options.. There's so many over 5k! My 12 week scan was $280 and I didn't get to hear the heartbeat or see it in 3d/4d .. Not happy Jan! Like a few of you have said, I don't mind spending the $$$ when it's for our baby and not another IVF cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My costings:
    * NIPS/Panorama blood test $895 - $98 Medicare rebate,
    * NT Scan $260 and Maternity Serum Screening blood test $106 unsure of rebate ATM,
    * CGS blood test -$365 I think awaiting invoice.

* OB total fees $3750:
    $250 OB initial appt up until 20weeks
    $3500 OB 20 weeks until & including birth

* Hospital fees- due to private health at this stage only $57 per day for DH to stay includes parking and meals.
    * Unknown fees to date - anaesthetist if CS or pediatrition if required.

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior -
    EDD 24May14 🍼