Closed Thread
Page 63 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I paid $340 too!!! I was really annoyed because my first Ob would only provide a referral to this place then when I changed to my current Ob it was too late to book elsewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Craaaazzzzy ngaiz.
    Pregnancy related fees are total BS. Hence why medicare capped so many pregnancy and reproductive services.

I will concede that I think I get a good deal with my ob who is $2300 for management fee and she scans 3d/4d at every appt. Appts every 4 weeks to 27 weeks, then fortnightly to 35 weeks and weekly thereafter. All those appts and I won't pay another cent other than the management fee.

I went in at 13 weeks as 'threatened miscarriage' and got a scan that went as long as my NT scan plus a DVD and didn't pay a thing for it either.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Nirok, that's awesome- half the price I paid for the same service! I try not to worry about the $$, if I wasn't UTD we'd be spending thousands on more IVF cycles. I'm happy the money is being put to better use for a real baby

I didn't really have any options either Ngaiz, it was either the place I went to (15min from home and on the way to work), or another one more than 30 mins from home and in the opposite direction to my work. Hopefully you get to shop around for the 20wk scan and go somewhere cheaper if possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nirok you scored!! My Ob is $2800 and every appt (same intervals as you) is $100. My fee is due 2 weeks before the new year so I won't meet the safety again for all the appts. I've chosen to go private though to be at the hospital of my choice so I jut have to deal with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shoot again ngaiz - I've got till 30 weeks to pay mine (so early March at the latest)!

Where are you located?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brisbane, it's pretty expensive here. There are cheaper options but I wanted this hospital and the Ob had to be within walking distance from work because I use public transport. One I enquired at was $3500 plus appts!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yikes!!!. I just knew I wanted private and my healthfund is linked with the private hospital where my ivf clinic is. I could deliver closer to home but then it would be public.
    I got my first choice for ob and she is reaaallly popular - i think the 3d/4d scanner at every appt helps that but she is really nice too. I made a handful of calls but knew i was going with this ob anyway. I actually didn't ask about fees at appts etc so was just surprised it came included considering her popularity.
    There are about 5-10 decent choices in Newcastle.

Last edited by nirok; 13-11-2013 at 17:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My OB is $5500 for all appts plus extra $1-2k for a c section which it looks like I will be having!!! Am feeling very ripped off (although I love my OB and wouldn't change for the world).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    My OB is $5500 for all appts plus extra $1-2k for a c section which it looks like I will be having!!! Am feeling very ripped off (although I love my OB and wouldn't change for the world).
    OMG.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover I just choked on my chocolate!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

bedlover  (13-11-2013)