Closed Thread
Page 62 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm surprised she asked you bedlover. I'm always scared to ask that sort of question. But I guess you must have some sort of relationship for her to feel comfortable. Yep, you're outed. But it feels good to hear you hid it well.

Totally different body Jay! I saw a girlfriend for brekkie on the weekend and was slightly disappointed by my side profile, especially since I had told her it had popped out. She was still suitable impressed with the cute small bump. Love showing it off.

Argh...can't sleep. Can't get comfortable. And I think finding out my role is changeling at work 8 weeks before I leave is on my mind. Would have preferred to not have to learn something new before I left but I don't really have the most supportive boss so not surprised. Oh well, a baby at the end is one hell of a reward!!! Trying to stay positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow lots going on since I've been absent. Congrats to all those with fantastic scan results. I get so excited to hear everyone's good news. I have to admit though the 3D scans weird me out a bit though
    Great to see everyone's bumps. I am a 12 and have gone to a size 14 already so aliitle envious of the little bumps. Trying to control my weight now that I feel a bit better but can't stop eating pasta!
    Just counting down to my next scan. Week 13 to 20 is a really long time....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a bit worried about being in that situation too bedlover. I work with a bunch of busy bodies, 100+ of them!! Once one knows, they all will.

Lotsa your night bump is a stunner, so cute and perfect. I wonder if in 4 months we will all still think we look cute?....
    My job won't exist once I return from maternity leave the opening of qld children's hospital will change everything for me. I know that your employer has to hold your job for you but what if it's gone altogether..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great Annerley!! Congrats on 8 weeks and it's great to hear all is measuring perfectly!

Thanks Jay.. I had no idea and just went to the one my doc recommended I'll definitely ask at my next scan.

Arlais congrats in the scan going well and confirmation of your little princess! Good work on the cot! What a bargain!!

Thanks Ainsley.. Glad your little angels are going well.. Bring on the 11th of December.. You won't believe how much clearer the scan is

Thanks Ngaiz.. I might ask my ob about it next week when I see her...

Wow lots what a gorgeous bump!! It's amazing how much bigger it is in the evening!

Oh dear bedlover I'm surprised she asked... We can only hide it for so long though!

Im struggling to sleep too.. Not used to sleeping on my side and not comfy I keep waking up on my back and then get on my side again... Ahhhh lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha I can't sleep on my side! Guess with my crappy knees and shoulders I'm used to sleeping on my back but when shoulders are good I do like to snuggle with DH but it's getting harder with how uncomfortable I am on my side and shoulders get aggravated a lot easier lately and once they aren't happy I'm in the sit I am now ..... Headache/migraines. This one started yesterday and if going by the norm I have the rest of today and tomorrow to get through before it eases up. Getting them a lot more in pregnancy and panadol not much help ... But it's the reason that makes it more bearable ... So excited to be a mum!

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior -
    EDD 24May14 🍼

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rtkirk - I guess for me the break to 20.2week scan on 6Jan will go faster with Xmas but also with having my next OB appt not until 29Nov which will be 14.6weeks. So another sneak peak before Dec frenzy starts so that weekend will put up the Xmas tree and hopefully start the building in the backyard for the spa to go in so lots of destructions perfectly timed

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior -
    EDD 24May14 🍼

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Lotsathoughts - that's a crazy difference! How awesome. Love your dress too

Bedlover - I think you've done well to get to 15 weeks. Gosh, imagine if you hadn't been pregnant!

I feel quite sick this morning but I haven't vomited yet, so I'm determined not to complain too much!

Rtkirk - pasta is one thing that makes me feel better at the moment, but trying not to have it every day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    I'm a bit worried about being in that situation too bedlover. I work with a bunch of busy bodies, 100+ of them!! Once one knows, they all will.

Lotsa your night bump is a stunner, so cute and perfect. I wonder if in 4 months we will all still think we look cute?....
    My job won't exist once I return from maternity leave the opening of qld children's hospital will change everything for me. I know that your employer has to hold your job for you but what if it's gone altogether..
    Ngaiz I'm pretty sure that if your job will no longer exist they have to offer you something as close as possible to your former role which suits your qualifications, experience, and pays roughly the same as your previous job.

When a lot of company restructuring is going on you may be offered the opportunity for a voluntary redundancy, so you can have a pay out (dependent on the amount of time you've worked for them) whilst you look for a new job. It's not always ideal, but better than nothing. My job was made redundant last year and luckily the pay out I got lasted exactly the length of time it took to start in the job I have now

I found Fair Work Australia really helpful for clarifying what my rights were. You can actually email them through their website, then someone will give you a call back with all the info you need.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay- your risk scores are fantastic, you must have been so thrilled and relieved! Must give you a confidence boost as well about the pending NIPS results. Your friends and family are going to be beside themselves when they find out... news of such a precious long-awaited bubba will get the most amazing reactions! Go you with the raging hormones , my DH is still waiting for that to kick in here.

Spidery- only one more sleep til your scan! Thanks for your perspective on the bump thing, really helps me to appreciate my expanding belly (and other body parts!).

JJ- the scan place I went to did all the normal 2D pics, then right at the end put it in 3D mode and took a few more. They put the sound on for a few seconds to hear the HB too. It was all included in the price and we got all the pics on a CD at the end. It was $360 but I'll get most of that back as we've hit the medicare safety net.

Lots- the difference in your morning & night bump is remarkable! Its a gorgeous little belly either way. My sleeping has been affected, but I know thats a side effect of the steroids I'm on. I'm used to the broken sleep now having started the steroids back in June. I think of it as training for when baby comes lol.

Annerley- Massive congrats on your scan results!! Such a relief to pass that 7/8wk milestone and know that bubs is ticking all the boxes . I found the time til the 12wk scan went pretty quick, hopefully thats the case for you too.

Arlais- Fantastic to hear your little girl is measuring perfectly and has all the right bits & pieces . Love the handprint shot, so cute! Awesome work on the cot too, love hearing of bargains like that when baby stuff can be so overpriced. I had already short-listed an Ikea cot for our bub too, though we won't do any shopping until the new year. Ikea seemed to have the best price on accessories too like fitted cot sheets and mattress protectors.

hwaterhouse- nice to hear from you , been wondering how you're going. Yay for 16 weeks! My feet are still normal but my fingers have swelled up, I had to move all my rings down one finger. Feels weird having my wedding & engagement rings on my pinky!

Ainsley- if you don't want to use bio oil, you can go with coconut oil or just regular olive oil. Several of my friends have sworn by them over the expensive stretchmark creams. I was popping out at 8wks with a singleton, so don't worry about yours! The 12wk scan will come around quick, the developement between now & then is extraordinary, the next time you see your babies you'll be totally blown away!

Nirok- will be interesting to see if you're right about Jay's baby. How are much are you paying for your scans? I thought Jay's was pretty good, $100 cheaper than mine!

Bedlover- outed for sure! Sounds like you've done a great job of hiding it up til now.

rtkirk- I was an 8-10 and now a 12-14. You're nearly halfway and only up one size, so I think thats great going! Mmmmm pasta... now I want some

Ngaiz- sorry to hear your job isn't certain when you return... I thought that they had to hold your position or offer something 'equivalent'. Hopefully that is true and you get a new job that you like even better!

Amps- how are you going? Thinking of you and hope you're feeling better.

Hi to everyone else

AFM- Feeling more 'normal' than I have in a long time apetite wise. I can actually get through til 9-10am before the first hunger pangs kick in and I'm feeling full after one normal serving again. Between 6-10wks I was up & eating at the crack of dawn, then having a second breakfast later in the morning because the first one had worn off! The gas situation is much better too, no longer letting it rip like a truck driver . I think I'm going to like the 2nd trimester!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpson - full super quality 3d/4d, videos and pics on a dvd etc for $180 before the rebate and got the NT results on the spot too.
    Stunned you paid $360 now!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app