Closed Thread
Page 55 of 95 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ngaiz - I'll check out that pram!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    **The WishnHope Roll Call - Est Due Dates**

April

KeriKiwi 3rd woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Arlais 7th - GIRL (Anatomy scan 11th Nov)
    Veritas 7th (Anatomy scan 18th Nov)
    OctoberBaby2010 10th (c-section) woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Amps 11th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    LittleMissMagic 16th (Anatomy scan 25th Nov)
    Lotsofthoughts 17th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Rtkirk 18th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    HamptonK 20th - BOY
    Manchesterlass 24th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Orchids 26th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Hwaterhouse 28th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    May
    JJTiger 2nd woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Bedlover 5th (Anatomy scan 9th Dec)
    Ngaiz 6th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Jeanie1 7th
    SimpsonDesert 11th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Nirok 12th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Totwo 13th
    Kittybee 14th
    ABH 16th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Jay11 24th (12 week scan 11th Nov)
    June
    Milly888 1st
    CatLover74 3rd
    jessie87 3rd
    stc 6th - TWINS!
    lannie 19th (Date scan 31st Oct)
    Hope4Baby 20th
    Berrabrooder 20th
    Ainsleyp 23rd – TWINS!
    Annerley 23rd (Date Scan 11th Nov)
    Spidery 23rd (Scan 14th Nov)
    Hugs needed
    Cappy
    Hopingformore
    Wishnhope
    Butterfly39
    hposs
    Seahorse1

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies! Hope I'm all up to date with the roll call - if not please let me know and I'll edit

Feeling much better today than I was yesterday thankfully.

Sorry I don't have any suggestions for twins, other than I've heard it's easiest to "football hold" both of them when breastfeeding. Very cool though having Gemini twins

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ainsley - congrats on Twins very very exciting so happy for you, here a thread I looked at before we knew we were only having one (as had two embryos transferred ) which might help:
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=481746

The extra test depend on your situation eg family history or for us a combo of my age and my mobility issues needing us to be extra cautious. Some people do the Nips if they aren't confident after their Risk factor comes back but with twins you won't be able to do that one as it's two hard to separate the DNA fragments. But you can still do the genetic carrier screening as that's based on you not the bubs.

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior -
    EDD 24May14 🍼
    Last edited by Jay11; 08-11-2013 at 11:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

I'm surprised at how many of you inserted your own U/S probes, or were asked if you wanted to. I've been to 2 different clinics and had countless internal scans (9 IVF cycles!), every time the nurse or sonographer just did it for me.

Arlais- woo-hoo to sorting out maternity leave! Even better its only 15 weeks to go!! Much as I'm looking forward to being home with baby, I am trying to 'enjoy' my remaining time in the workforce. I know I'll look back and miss working only 8-10hrs a day and being able to switch off at home.

Amps- thinking of you and hope you're being well cared for. Puking bile is the worst, I hope they can do something to get the vomiting under control .

Annerley- great to hear the MS is being kind to you! I'm hoping some interest in DTD comes back soon... we are lucky our DHs are so good about it. I was with Genea too, but they didn't do the follicle scans in-house. I had them 2 doors down at Syd U/S for Women. Best of luck for Monday's scan, I hope the w/end goes quickly for you!

Spidery- oh gosh the pain and bleeding must have you worried sick . I hope you're able to have a scan today and come back with happy news that bub is fine

Ngaiz- Yes yes yes it is sooo good having only external scans now! . Congrats on 15wks! I'm sure you'll pop soon enough and then you'll have a belly all the time.

Lots- you hadn't heard dildo cam before? I thought it was standard IVF terminology!

JJ- I'm wearing a belly band over my unzipped normal pants and I find it quite comfy. I fold the open ends of the fly section inwards against my tummy (so it makes a big V under my bump), then put on the belly band to cover the gap. I found some on ebay for $7.50ea, bargain! If that doesn't work for you, then time to hit the shops . I have been using moisturiser because my skin is super dry and flaky, not a special stretchmark one though. I'm a Nutrimetics addict and have stacks of their moisturisers to use up first.

Jay
    - haha I've had similar comments from my DH. Not exactly flattering, but I know he's loving seeing my tummy grow.

Ainsley- huge congrats on your twins!! So far only you and STC are twin mummies on this thread. Gosh, so much more for you to think about now! There's a multiple parents section of the forum that might have some helpful advice, the thread that Jay linked came from that section. One tip I read from a fellow IVFer who bottle-fed said it was easier to lay them head-to-head and simultaneously feed with a bottle in each hand. You sure are going to have your work cut out for you, but gee what a blessing! My OB appt was great and yes we saw our precious bub again .

Hi Bedlover, Nirok, Catlover, ABH, LMM, October and sorry to those I've missed

AFM- Saw my OB yesterday and he's very happy with everything. Gave us another look at bub and found that my placenta is at the back of my uterus so I should be able to start feeling movement at ~17w. Wow, I hope so! I go back again in 6 weeks time. DH & I are spending the weekend repainting our house, already thinking up ways to play the 'I'm pregnant and need to rest' card

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpson if you're painting, just remember that it's very important for you to be in a well ventilated room - preferably with a dust mask on too to avoid as much of the fumes as possible.

If it's oil based (solvent) paint/sealer then you shouldn't be going near it at all. Water based paint is okay (as long as you take regular breaks in fresh air as well as good ventilation). Try to get a water based paint with low VOC (volatile organic compounds).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Arlais, its all water based . I've got masks & other PPE at home. Used to work in a chemistry lab so I'm very careful around chemicals even when not pregnant. DH got a head start on it today, so I might not have to do much after all hehe.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ainsley congratulations on twins, very exciting

I had my gender scan at 16+2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Ainsley!!! Super dooper special news for you guys! I think happy and scared and totally normal feelings. After a bit of research I'm sure it'll all start to feel a bit more normal. I have no advice for prams. Just that we're planning to use the Boxing Day sales to our advantage.

Spidery how are you feeling?

Happy Friday ladies, sorry I've been MIA a bit. Been working lots on the weekends (at home on the computer) and have had busy weeks. Been trying to wind down and go to bed early so have been turning technology off early. Been pretty quiet at home without DH around. He's away pretty much most of November (give or take a day here and there) and some of December. His work travel was cut a bit just before our wedding, so he's catching up. I just miss having company. He looks after me too...cooking, cleaning and helping me with shopping. The little things. Saying that I know I'm very lucky and still have a strong sense on contentment. It's weird. He's back next Wednesday for two days and I can't wait. Just counting down really!
    A friend if mine said to appreciate the alone time before the baby. Apart from the work on weekends I'm doing my best to take her advice and stay positive. I guess we are newlyweds so I'm bound to feel a little sad.

Oh and we were able to agree on a boys name whilst over texts and Skype. So that's been a bit of and achievement. We had a girls name all organized early on. Just not a girl's middle name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lotsofthoughts I'm ok still have little pain on left lower side and back bit ok no more brown discharge It stays that way. Went to work and my boss sent me home once she got out of conference and found out told me it's too hot work is quite so go home and put feet up and rest although back tomorrow if all good. Boss is great. FS nurse finally got back to me today and FS said come in next week for scan but I was like I already am booked in next week.

So glad you decided on boys name I have a couple of each but not sure and husband is picky. I have a girls middle name but is a little bit hard to match with