Closed Thread
Page 54 of 95 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope it all works out ok spidery but brown or red doesn't always equal bad.

I learnt at 10 weeks I have a subchorionic hemorrhage. I had 5 very bright red heavy bleeds during week 10. And for the last 8 days since hitting 12 weeks I have had gushes of blood that is brown and so dark sometimes it looks like watery vegemite.
    US with my ob showed my hemorrhage is slow leaking and the blood is pooling when I sit or lay down so by the time it had accumulated enough to 'gush' out its dark and old. I do trust my ob and she has no concerns so even though it keeps happening - its not as scary as before.

Any chance you are going through a private ob? Right from when I booked in as my obs patient at 4 weeks - I could call the private hospitals maternity wing who will admit/monitor as necessary if after hours. I actually only learnt this after calling my ob the day after I had spent the night in my local public ER when I had salmonella (which coincided with my red bleeding).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Spidery, sorry to hear you've had a tough time. I just wanted to add that on Sunday morning I had slight brown discharge, as in it was there when I wiped and not on my underwear so it was like my discharge had a slight tinge. I kept it to myself and hoped it was nothing, I actually felt better thinking how it could be from left over Crinone (sorry for tmi but I did a bit of a clean out/check and there was left over Crinone that was brownish but my cervix was still high). There was no more brown discharge that day so I felt much better. On Tuesday morning I had a little more and had a bit of a freak out to hubby but he told me not to worry as unfortunately there was nothing we could do. He also said to call the clinic if I wanted but I figured they would tell me it's common and nothing to be concerned about. Luckily, I haven't had any since and again, it was only the one wipe and very slight, I really had to look but what I have since found out is that stretching of the uterus can cause brown spotting (both times it's happened I've felt stretchy feelings the day before hand but no worrying pains). I'm trying to see it as another possible symptom that everything is growing! My scan is Monday so I guess I'll see. I've also become very exhausted this week but apparently the brain is growing this week! I just thought that since we are at the same stage of pregnancy that maybe we'll both be ok. Thinking of you Spidery!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover yeah there is a bigger hospital about 1/2hour away will go there next time or if I need to go back tonight

littlemissmagic apparently there is one attached to the hospital I went too but like you have to wait to the morning if I want an u/s

Nirok after the doc tonight I will be going private obs FS told us to think about it and discuss at next appt which is next Thursday thanks for the pointer about after hours at private hospital will ask if the obgyn we choose hospital had that feeling

Annerley glad everything is ok for you. I wiped a few times like 10 and about 7 had that brown discharge but nothing in last hour or so

in bed still have back ache and pain in left side groin area feels warm and achy/sharp at times but not excruciating.

Thanks to you ladies for support, well wishes and for sharing your stories it means a lot Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I haven't been on for most of the week.. Still got this cold and my phone died on Monday Just got my new one and here I am!

Gee, lots has happened.. I'm so sorry you are going thru such a rough time Amps.. I hope it gets better for you soon.

Bedlover so glad you are all better.. Such a relief Bubs is ok. I guess it's best to know this now and prepare for it. Hopefully you can have a vbac...

Hampton congrats on it being a boy! I'm sure your DS will be so happy about that!

ABH glad your 12 week scan went well.. I've never had anyone ask if I wanted to do it myself lol!!

Spidery, usually brown is old blood or could be from Crinone.. Hoping you can get some answers ASAP..

Hi to all those I've missed.. Sorry it's hard to catch up.. Hope you are all well x

AFM- 15 weeks tomorrow I've still got this strange taste in my mouth I've really popped out now and am loving showing it off I really need to go shopping!! I've bought the belly band to put over my work pants that don't do up anymore but it's a little uncomfortable

Is anyone rubbing cream or oil on their bump yet and if so which one??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you Spidery! I can imagine how scary this is but like many have said, it could be completely normal. Sending you lots of hugs and best wishes xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to a big hospital with my bleed (RPA) and they still wouldn't scan me as it was too late to get into the early pregnancy unit. I agree, get an appointment with them. At my hospital it was first in first serve so we got there at 7am for a 7:30am opening. If you get a scan and see the heartbeat it's such a bonus. Good luck today Spidery!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Jay11  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH comment last night when he saw me naked 'holy crap babe your belly is big' grins best comment loved it! Especially since he normally notices my boobs growing

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior -
    EDD 24May14 🍼

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m so sorry for being MIA the last few weeks. We found out today that we’re having twins! I’m so excited but sooooo scared!!!! Any tips on prams, breastfeeding twins, etc are appreciated! I can't remember who's having twins in this group?

Sorry if I miss anyone below – it’s moving so quickly!

Spidery – I had brown discharge as well. Mine was around 7 weeks. It’s cleared up now – I hope yours does too. I’ve had lots of sharp pains too – who knows what’s going on in there, I’m sure it’s normal.

Annerley – I hope your scan goes well! Looks like I won’t be due on the 23rd June anymore as it’s twins. I hope I can get to June at least! I am so tired as well. In bed by 9pm every night and struggle to wake up.

JJTiger – 15 weeks! Woohoo! I wake up feeling like I’ve had a huge night and my mouth tastes gross. You’re lucky you still fit into your work pants! Mine are way too tight. Not sure what I’ll wear until I tell them.

Jay11 – My husband says that too! Sometimes I like it…..sometimes I don’t! Thanks for all the info on the tests. It’s all very confusing. Do you only do extra tests if the 12 week scan shows something abnormal?

Ngaiz – at what stage can you see the baby through your tummy instead? I’m excited for that day! I love both Alexandra and Alexander.

Arlais – I hope it’s not a bug. I always feel better after toast – If I can get it down quickly enough! So exciting that you only have 15 more weeks of work!

Catlover – not you too! You’re lucky you get to rest though. Hopefully you feel better tomorrow. I love your name choices

Amps – You poor thing. I really feel for you. At least you know you’re doing everything possible. Imagine living 200 years ago and going through this! Hang in there….

Bedlover – That must have been a tough thing to hear. You have every right to feel anxious. Good luck with the decision.

ABH – Awesome news, you must be so happy. How cute that the baby was moving around. It must be great to be able to tell everyone now.

SimpsonDesert – Finishing work is what I’m most excited about! I’m glad you’re feeling more relaxed about things now. How did your last OB appointment go? Did you get another look?

HamptonK – A boy, how exciting. They will love playing together. What week did you have your scan at?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ainsleyp For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on the double trouble Ainsley!!! When I was waiting for my first scan I looked a few different twin prams and the one I preferred was the love n care twingo. It has a reversable handle, lies flat, can use a travel system for capsules and you can also get basinettes. There isn't a pram for singles like it at all and I'm struggling to decided what I want now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Jj-I'm 15 weeks on Tuesday and the only time I have a belly is at night, it's so surreal!