Closed Thread
Page 52 of 95 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow plenty of activity in here today!

I just set the dates for my maternity leave today, only 15 weeks left of work - it's going to be so strange

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again Ladies for all the kind words of support. I will be having nasal gastric feeding tube inserted tomorrow. My potassium levels have dropped so they have hooked me up thru the picc line. Gross, now they have to measure my pee output. Haven't stopped puking bile all day. Will try to catch up on personals in few days or so, but I do keep stalking everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    My OB is great and happily supports VBAC, but I have a very complicated medical history. I got a staph infection in my epidural site with DS and then I got Staph septicemia with my last preg which caused me to lose the baby and nearly killed me. As a result I am now high risk and not just with preg but generally with anything!!

This is what is guiding my OBs recommendations and I totally understand where he is coming from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ABH- great news about your NT scan, so nice to hear that belly bean is doing so well and everything came back low risk- yay! I had to insert the probe myself in all my Ivf scans, it's like they think they'll get in trouble for invading our privacy if they do it!

Hampton- congrats on being team blue! I think I'll be team blue too when I eventually get to that point. What a beautiful little picture as well, thanks for sharing!

Arlais- how exciting about booking in your maternity leave! I know it's early days but I've already secretly started counting down the weeks until when I finish work too!

Amps- you poor thing! You've really been through enough already! I truly hope you feel better soon and can really start to enjoy your pregnancy, I really feel for you!

Simpson- the MS seems to have been short lived at this stage, thank goodness for that when I hear what the other ladies have been through. I'm the same about the bedroom action, haven't had any since the 2ww either. I've had a couple of moments when I've thought about it but can't seem to actually do anything about those thoughts as I'm worried about it causing spotting, etc. My DH is awesome about it all too!

Jay- I agree, your fish tank is amazing! Fingers crossed that the time goes quickly until you get the results about your little one!

Orchids- how exciting about buying maternity clothes, have you worn any of them yet?

Spidery- how have you been?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Amps I'm so sorry to hear it's got to this point. Not exactly how we imagine a preganancy to pan out. Just be glad it a NG tube as those feeds taste nasty.

Wow Arlais how exciting!! Can't believe you've already done it, I have until January to do mine. I still haven't told work yet.

Bedlover-I spoke to an anaesthetist I know through work about having a epi. As a general rule I can have one but it will be at the discretion of whoever is doing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz that is great news. I would raise it with your OB. Mine is organising a meeting with the Anaethetist before I am full term so we can discuss in detail.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley - that's not normal thank goodness where did you do IVF? I went to Repromed first in Adelaide and then we moved back to Melbourne where we went to MIVF and not once was I asked to insert the probe!
    I agree with ABH - WTF

Oh and thanks for tanks comment lovely feedback thank you

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior -
    EDD 24May14 🍼
    Last edited by Jay11; 06-11-2013 at 21:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay- I'm through Genea.
    ive only ever had two internal scans, both with nurses at the clinic. The first was months ago when they were looking to see if I had any fertility issues and with that one, the nurse placed the probe there and got me to push it in but I had googled it before and had read to expect to do it myself so I took it as normal.
    My second scan was my one and only follicle scan and that nurse knew I'd had one before and asked me if I usually do it myself so I said yes.
    Next week is my dating scan so I guess now I shouldn't be surprised if my FS jumps in and does it.
    Last edited by Annerley; 07-11-2013 at 05:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At every single internal I've had (and I need more than 2 hands to count them) - the tech has always asked if I want to insert the probe. That includes 4 scans at two radiology places other than my ivf clinic.
    I think is good practice for them to ask because let's face it - its invasive and some women may find it violating.
    Ive never done it before - I just say nah, go right ahead im used to it now!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone sorry for being quiet but I have been reading every day.

Amps so sorry that things are not going well hopefully they can sort you out and make you feel better and stop ms

would like to say thanks to you all who said about having minimal to no symptoms I have been trying not to worry Although easier said then done

Annerley I have been ok still no symptoms except pain on both sides of back over night making it uncomfortable to sleep and a few abdominal cramps. So hope everything is ok in there I so cannot wait for 2nd scan to come around still one week to go. How are you feeling? Have you had you'd scan yet?

To everyone else hope your having a great day
    Last edited by Spidery; 07-11-2013 at 07:10.