Closed Thread
Page 42 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies - rtkirk,abh between my dh and I we only have 1 parent left, my mother. As much as she means well, she can be so opinionated, overbearing, pushy and the biggest gossip. We have given her no specific details about our pregnancy. In the past I've had people I may have met only once before want to talk about personal medical issues that my mother has blabbed to the whole universe. When we told her, she managed 2 days of silence before she dombarded me with 200 questions. I firmly refused to give any reply, knowing if I did she would broadcast it to the whole world. I won't tell her our due date, all I've said is we are due around March/April. She can't help but tell me the best way to do anything and everything, she won't be given the opportunity to do that now. It's my pregnancy and my birth and I'm going to do it based on the best medical advice for my situation, not on her opinion. A lot has changed in the 40 years since she had me. I know I'm going to have issues with her over parenting when belly-bean is born, but I will face that when it comes. Dh is taking several weeks off work for the birth so he already knows he will have to be a act as a buffer if things get too much. I have to admit, I took great delight in the look on her face when I said I didn't want a baby shower until after the birth, and that I was going to organise it. 2 of my friends have offered to help but she doesn't need to know that. Hope you are all doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh families are fun aren't they??

My mum was busting to tell everyone when we first found out, but of course we wanted to wait until after the first trimester and let DH's boys be the first to know they were going to have a new sibling (apart from the very close friends we had supporting us through the IVF cycle). I told her she could share with her work colleagues since we have nothing to do with them, and she was happy with that until we officially announced.

My mum had already sussed I wouldn't want anyone else but DH in with me during labour, but she has asked if she can be waiting at the hospital. I just told her we would play it by ear when we're closer to the time. I don't know what sort of birth I'll have yet. I'm hoping to go naturally though and if it happens in the middle of the night then we'll let family know the next morning. If I end up needing a c - section then I will definitely want some time to recover and bond with bubs before everyone starts rushing in for visits!

Thanks
    Reviews
    **The WishnHope Roll Call - Est Due Dates**

April
    KeriKiwi 3rd woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Arlais 7th - GIRL (Anatomy scan 11th Nov)
    Veritas 7th (Anatomy scan 18th Nov)
    OctoberBaby2010 10th (c-section) woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Amps 11th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    LittleMissMagic 16th (Anatomy scan 25th Nov)
    Lotsofthoughts 17th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Rtkirk 18th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    HamptonK 20th - BOY
    Manchesterlass 24th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Orchids 26th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Hwaterhouse 28th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    May
    JJTiger 2nd woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Bedlover 5th (Anatomy scan 9th Dec)
    Ngaiz 6th woohoo 2nd Trimester!!
    Jeanie1 7th Congrats its official!
    SimpsonDesert 11th (12 week scan 30th Oct)
    Nirok 12th (12 week scan 29th Oct)
    Totwo 13th
    Kittybee 14th
    ABH 16th Congrats its official!
    Jay11 24th (14.6 week scan 29th Nov)
    June
    Milly888 1st
    jessie87 3rd
    CatLover74 3rd Congrats its official!
    stc 6th - TWINS! Congrats its official!
    lannie 19th (Date scan 31st Oct)
    Hope4Baby 20th
    Berrabrooder 20th
    Ainsleyp 23rd
    Annerley 23rd (Date Scan 11th Nov)
    Spidery 23rd (Scan 14th Nov)
    Hugs needed
    Cappy
    Hopingformore
    Wishnhope
    Butterfly39
    hposs
    Seahorse1

I hope I've caught up with where everyone is at, but as always if I've missed anything please let me know so I can edit
    Last edited by Arlais; 05-11-2013 at 18:00. Reason: HamptonK

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Jay11  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais - if you want you can put me down on the Wishnhope list as (14.6week scan 29Nov13) not a biggy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ABH that is so terrible. I would be so mad if anyone had blabbed my news. What did u say to ur mum?
    Amps sorry to hear you have a strained relationship with ur mum. It can be hard to deal with.
    My mum has already told me that she isn't interested in helping out when the baby is born- I wasn't going to ask but still. My DHs mum is the one I'm worried about. She is soo excited and already making a quilt, a knitted teddy bear and knitted clothes and asked if we want three other things. I am only 16 weeks for goodness sake! I just want to tell her to calm down. I think I will have to change the locks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the update Arlais. I dont think I've congratulated you on being team pink yet

SimpsonDesert and nirok I hope you enjoyed your scan.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (30-10-2013),nirok  (30-10-2013),SimpsonDesert  (31-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ngaiz.....
    I do keep reading along but I find it really hard properly replying on my phone!

Scan was amazing and so glad dp got to be there seeing bub kick around. We got a little 4d video that he keeps watching on his phone.
    Very low risk which is good.

I don't think I posted about my heavy bleeding 2 weeks ago but I do have a subchorionic hemorrhage which has increased in size in the last 2 weeks and is now just slightly longer than bubba - so im on orders to take it easy.

Here is little widget

1383124944435.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love reading along to all of your pregnancies, Im so glad that everyone is doing well!! Nirok I love the name Widget!! I noticed someone else has belly bean, how cute. What are the other nicknames you have for your little ones?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (30-10-2013),Jay11  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wishnhope, so glad you dropped in and hope you are doing well?
    We are calling ours "tiny bubba" as that is what my DS can say / understand!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours is Junior as only name we could agree on in the hour trip home from our first scan!